If you could vote again, what would you vote?

Miner_Guy

88 members have voted

1. 1. If you could vote again, what would you vote?

• Don't really care
    • Voted no and would vote yes
    • Voted yes and would still vote yes
    • Voted yes and would vote no
    • Voted no and would still vote no

The market seems to be gravitating somewhat to pre-GE prices. Whips seem to be getting close to their pre-GE price (1.3-1.4M). There are exceptions, of course.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd still vote no. The "market" has crashed, I have no use to play in the baby pool (a.k.a. wildy). Free trade was a good idea, but The wildy is useless. The whole vote thing was not only a rouse, but I don't believe for a minute those numbers were accurate. If so many wanted to wilderness back why were the pvp worlds always completely empty?

Meh.

What are you talking about, the market hasnt crashed, items just dipped because they wont be lost so often on death. Its inflating again now. Wildy is a baby pool? No, i'd rather say you are a noob that can't pk.. Old PvP worlds were empty because the system was broken and you couldnt get fair drops.

Check my stats, I'm far from a noob. PVP is for kids really. Jag is just trying to lure in the pre-teen crowd with bringing back the wildy.

And yes the market has crashed big time. If you've tried to sell anything recently you'd know that. A few items have gone up but the vast majority of items have plummeted.

Sorry but how am I supposed to check your stats? I don't see a rs hi scores link anywhere and you dont have a stat signature. Even so having great stats doesn't stop you from being a noob in the pvp area. And what exactly makes you think pvps designed for kids?

I'd still vote no. The "market" has crashed, I have no use to play in the baby pool (a.k.a. wildy). Free trade was a good idea, but The wildy is useless. The whole vote thing was not only a rouse, but I don't believe for a minute those numbers were accurate. If so many wanted to wilderness back why were the pvp worlds always completely empty?

Meh.

What are you talking about, the market hasnt crashed, items just dipped because they wont be lost so often on death. Its inflating again now. Wildy is a baby pool? No, i'd rather say you are a noob that can't pk.. Old PvP worlds were empty because the system was broken and you couldnt get fair drops.

Check my stats, I'm far from a noob. PVP is for kids really. Jag is just trying to lure in the pre-teen crowd with bringing back the wildy.

And yes the market has crashed big time. If you've tried to sell anything recently you'd know that. A few items have gone up but the vast majority of items have plummeted.

Sorry but how am I supposed to check your stats? I don't see a rs hi scores link anywhere and you dont have a stat signature. Even so having great stats doesn't stop you from being a noob in the pvp area. And what exactly makes you think pvps designed for kids?

http://services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/hiscorepersonal.ws

You can check anyone's stats on the Runescape website.

And, tbh, I don't know if it (pvp) is *designed* for children, but that's primarily what it attracts. Just go there sometime.

The thread should be deleted or the votes cleared for poll manipulation.

As for the topic, i voted yes(several times) and would vote yes for times more, again.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Ye sorry guys for the poll, someone suggested a better poll questions which showed your views better so i changed it but didnt anticipate that all the votes would go to the first or second options, i thought it would clear all votes.

Sorry again

SUPER.gif

You can't have Texas without migrant workers and you can't have Runescape without bots. Well you can but it's a really dumbed down and hand holding Runescape because the only way to stamp out bots is to put everyone in a restricted game like the game we saw from 2007-2010. There will be bots for any game. I've seen some people say you cannot bot stuff like call of duty because it's too complex. Getting to the moon used to be under the same guise. Bots will be there if there is demand for one, and a lot of people want cheap fast gold. Instead the best method is watch transactions, don't tell people you're watching, and when you see people get trades from certain IPs that give several million gold without anything in return, and these two accounts having zero reaction before, ban that person for suspicious activity.

Anyway you've also got to understand bots are just going to be in this game. Johnny X whose just starting college and has never been good at Runescape may decide to get himself a bot and while he's sleeping work on that 99 he has always wanted, all without having to break into his precious time to sleep. As long as scenarios such as that exist it is inevitable.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

I voted no before, and I would vote no again. Certainly free trade is great, and I'm happy to see that many old players have returned as well as the arrival of a lot of new players. And I LOVE BOTKILLING.

But still, no. It simply isn't worth all the bots and their effects on the RS community.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Errr current votes do not reflect what they actually are right? I'm thinking when you changed the vote options all the "yes" votes were transferred to "i don't care" because they were the first option. :?:

Ye explained about that earlier on, sorry. Can an admin reset the poll count so it gives a realistic reflection please?

SUPER.gif

Yes and yes. I couldn't care less about bots, and I don't see why others do. Boo hoo, lobs have crashed. Find another moneymaker then, whatever bots do is chump change anyways. And I like my sharks at 500 GP. Of course, you can moralise the whole bot issue. I just see it as another element of the economy.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Errr current votes do not reflect what they actually are right? I'm thinking when you changed the vote options all the "yes" votes were transferred to "i don't care" because they were the first option. :?:

Ye explained about that earlier on, sorry. Can an admin reset the poll count so it gives a realistic reflection please?

Done. In the future you need to delete the poll question, save (edit) the post, then edit the post again and start a new poll.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I voted No and would still vote No, but there isn't an option for that in the poll. :S

Sorry, added :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

While the return of FT/Old/new wild has it's faults and benefits, ultimately i still support my decision to vote yes.

Just walking through the GE, seeing all the trust game and scammers, it gives me a taste of what RuneScape was like four years ago. The new sense of danger lurking around every corner just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside(lol). It's a taste of the game i got addicted to years ago.

Call me crazy, because you're most likely right. I remember seeing the original posts on RSOF about how RuneScape has lost it's sense of "danger" and at the time i didn't really agree because i liked the new "safe" theme to the game. Since dying and losing ANYTHING is something i dreaded. I wouldn't even dare to take over 1M outside of the bank for fear of dying. But now that "risk" and PvP is slowly becoming the main thing that is keeping me interested in this game, i forgot how much i missed the old RS. And i welcome anything that brings similarity to it with open arms. However, i won't [bleep] about it not being right/ect like a lot of the average players will(Let's face it, 90% of RuneScape's community is composed of chronic complainers. Weather they complain about one update or another, they always will complain about something).

Sure these scammers may prey on low levels that are fresh to the game, and i'm not trying to justify that at all. But there is one important thing you need to learn about playing games. There are two ways you learn to play them:

Either scanning though a player's guide to prepare yourself, or playing through and learning everything the hard way. This can be applied to RuneScape in the fact that you either take precautions, or learn to avoid scamming/luring the hard way.

I was the latter, i got scammed for 100 GP by someone offering me to sell me "armor"(Which was goblin mail). And the kicker is, that i knew that you couldn't wear it. I got one as a drop and tried to put it on, but it i got the message "This armor is too small to fit a human". But i still though, "Maybe this one is different. After all, there's no way this guy would rip me off, right? He helped me get out of the Draynor Manor." I was wrong.

And another time after that where i lost my full iron in the wilderness. But i wasn't lured, it was due to my own ignorance. And the last time i was scammed was a little bit into my RuneScape career. I could wield rune and i believe i owned a Rune battle axe at the time. Most likely around 50 combat. I was spending around 200k(My complete savings at the time) on big bones to train prayer. But, i fell for the old noted icon similarities scam and bought a load of normal bones.

After that, i was never scammed, lured, or hacked once. And that was at least 3 years ago. What I'm getting at is: It's better to learn early and be cautious. I would have much rather have been scammed that early, and learn from it, then be completely safe and suddenly there's all these "trust games" and such to test my temptation. I really wish there was a better way for new players to be educated, but sometimes they just have to learn the hard way.

And sure the bots suck. But i think that's why we need to train are skills to a decent level and start using content that is unlocked through quests/ect that bots normally won't access. But honestly, i do too feel kinda betrayed with the whole "We'll be able to control bots this time, we promise! Lolololol" thing too. Bots are ultimately unavoidable, but Jamflex made it seem like they developed a new type of detection system that would put a sever stamp on them keeping them to a minimum.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I voted no before, and I would vote no again. Certainly free trade is great, and I'm happy to see that many old players have returned as well as the arrival of a lot of new players. And I LOVE BOTKILLING.

But still, no. It simply isn't worth all the bots and their effects on the RS community.

Bots never left.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.