Your definition of 'Best player'

dangerouslysafekid

I am curious to see what your opinion is on the definition of the 'best player'

is it the person with the most XP overall?

is it the person who is best in pvp?

is it the person with the most time in rs?

is it the person with the highest efficiency rate?

is it the person with the most gp?

or is it someone totally different?

What's your opinion? :thumbup:

-------------------Proud Pure F2P-------------------

dangerkiddo.png

The one that makes the least amount of stupid comments/threads.

In regards to the thread, i don't think you can be a great player by just nolifing. I think players like grimy, for example, are good because of their knowledge and aspiration of knowledge for the game.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I think players like grimy, for example, are good because of their knowledge and aspiration of knowledge for the game.

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

Whoever is rank 1 on the highscores, because it gives the clearest picture.

There are many things I can't judge unless I ask thousands of people.

I mean I could say someone who is in the HLF, completed all quests, tasks, distractions, minigames and is also quite rich, but I wouldn't know for sure if such a person exists or if there is another better than them.

To me the best player is someone with the best attitude. I have met some famous people who let me down by their attitude (they are on my ignore list for eternity), and for that reason alone I do not have any idols.

I would say the person with the 'best attitude', for me at least, would be Zezima. I respect his decision to talk where appropriate, and likewise, ignore comments where appropriate. I remember days with the 'heart unit' pest control clan back in the day. He came once, followed by a stampede of Runescape paparazzi - and he handled it very well. The poor guy couldn't even play one round/game without being bombarded by people asking 21 questions and trolling him to no end. He deserves that player mod crown. Well earned.

2vuhgcn.png

is it the person with the most XP overall? No.

is it the person who is best in pvp? No.

is it the person with the most time in rs? No.

is it the person with the highest efficiency rate? No.

is it the person with the most gp? No.

is it the person who doesn't care about stats/content, treats others respectfully, and enjoys playing the game? Yes.

Guest jrhairychest

the best player is not some efficiency nerd or some elitest hog, it is the player who has fun playing the game.

Couldn't agree more :thumbup:

I could list all the qualities necessary to be best player, but one of them is humility.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

You can't be skiiled at Runescape. Sure, you could be good because you play the most, but that doesn't make you a great player. I think all of the listed above are all a part of it.

Having the most EXP and best in PvP are my choices because having the most money means almost nothing. After the climbing boot update, this player on youtube went from 4.6M form the climbing boots to well over 10B. Failed money. A player who bought a Partyhat for 250M and then sold it for 900M didn't earn the money, just made 700M for nothing really.

No1s_Perfect.png

• 2 weeks later...

the best player is not some efficiency nerd or some elitest hog, it is the player who has fun playing the game.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

although if we were talking about a pretty helpful player

i'd name grimy for his spreadsheets and knowledge that

he has imparted onto us :P

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I'd just say XP.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

• 3 weeks later...

In regards to the thread, i don't think you can be a great player by just nolifing. I think players like grimy, for example, are good because of their knowledge and aspiration of knowledge for the game.

Lol i hope you're trolling.

Nope, Grimy is brilliant. He knows more about Runescape then just about anyone. He is extremely helpful and open to helping people he might not know well. On top of that he is actually a good player, especially in PvE.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Nope, Grimy is brilliant. He knows more about Runescape then just about anyone. He is extremely helpful and open to helping people he might not know well. On top of that he is actually a good player, especially in PvE.

I'm sorry but the i don't find someone who forces their opinions on someone "a good player".

I don't find someone who makes a job of a game "a good player".

I don't find someone who can't accept that he might sometimes be wrong "a good player".

I find that laugh worthy.

Believe it or not, people like woox16 are the "good players". Those who are willing to risk millions in items for the sake of entertaining other players. Not someone that sits behind the laptop with a calculator all day waiting for an opertunity to prove someone wrong. That's just being the biggest douche in the game.

I'm sorry but the i don't find someone who forces their opinions on someone "a good player".

I don't find someone who can't accept that he might sometimes be wrong "a good player".

Believe it or not, people like woox16 are the "good players". Those who are willing to risk millions in items for the sake of entertaining other players. Not someone that sits behind the laptop with a calculator all day waiting for an opertunity to prove someone wrong. That's just being the biggest douche in the game.

You obviously don't know him very well. If you think the best player is the one who entertains you the most it just shows how egocentric you are. I wouldn't expect you to appreciate the value of a player who puts hundreds of hours into finding the best ways to play the game and then sharing that knowledge openly.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

You obviously don't know him very well. If you think the best player is the one who entertains you the most it just shows how egocentric you are. I wouldn't expect you to appreciate the value of a player who puts hundreds of hours into finding the best ways to play the game and then sharing that knowledge openly.

The purpose of a game is to entertain. It has nothing to do with being egocentric. I don't know how you can even think that. I. . . i don't even. . .

And i have no problem with people sharing information with others to make their gameplay a bit easier. What i have a problem with is "player who puts hundreds of hours into finding the best ways to play the game" cause that. . . LMFAO i can't even begin to describe how funny that sounded when i said it out loud.

Share your info as you like but don't [cabbage] yourself when someone uses a method that is 3% slower but 50% easier than the "best method". That just shows petty. It shows your craving to be the top dog.

EDIT: I also think it wise to drop this. I don't feel like getting myself banned over something as stupid as this.