Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

there are going to be wandering witches!

[hide=thingy I saw.][yt]BgEufZppH8s[/yt][/hide]

This I like. I don't like the fact that they're just stationary in the current game because we can always just get past her. I'm sure her wandering around won't give THAT much of a challenge, but it will make you look over your shoulder more often just in case. :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Such shenanigans this guy has continued to get into :thumbsup:

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Haha yea, Criken's great. Kilplix has some awesome videos too like that.

So last night, my friends and I decided to change things up a bit. I was looking around this website that had custom L4D maps, and downloaded the Zelda map first. It was... Exciting? Well no, not really. The high vaulted ceilings made it seem too easy. :wall: Like the Zelda games there were a few puzzles, but nothing extremely mind boggling. :? Good try on the mapmaker's part.

This, however, kicked [wagon]: http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=33

Right now it's still in beta, with four out of the five levels completed. If you do play this map, careful with the fourth level of the map. If you've never been seasick before, this map will get you feeling a bit quesy. :lol:

[hide=Death Aboard (L4D Custom Map) In Normal Detail][yt]DB_I3i3SOcc[/yt][/hide]

So last night, my friends and I decided to change things up a bit. I was looking around this website that had custom L4D maps, and downloaded the Zelda map first. It was... Exciting? Well no, not really. The high vaulted ceilings made it seem too easy. :wall: Like the Zelda games there were a few puzzles, but nothing extremely mind boggling. :? Good try on the mapmaker's part.

Right now it's still in beta, with four out of the five levels completed. If you do play this map, careful with the fourth level of the map. If you've never been seasick before, this map will get you feeling a bit quesy. :lol:

[hide=Death Aboard (L4D Custom Map) In Normal Detail][yt]DB_I3i3SOcc[/yt][/hide]

Looks pretty good. I would definitely play it if the boat rocked.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Looks pretty good. I would definitely play it if the boat rocked.

It shudders now and again, to add onto that seasickness. :P Kinda gets scary too if you don't have the music on and you think, "OMG TANK?!"

• Like 4

Gotta love this game sometimes. Two hours doing expert on No Mercy, the helicopter comes and my two friends jump aboard, an infected runs in front of me so I shoot it but the game glitched and wouldn't let me jump whilst it was standing (dead) in front of me. #-o

"Death Aboard" now has the Finale (Lighthouse) out. It's not the same Lighthouse as on Survival mode (although quite similar).

[hide=Spoiler Video of the Finale! (Video may contain some inappropriate language and images...)][yt]QWmmOj5xGvA[/yt][/hide]

Man there were some serious "[bleep]ers" playing L4D today. It's not only American kids that act annoying, it's kids from all around the world that play this game. The majority of game players are American because these games are MADE in America.

He and another tried to kick me like 20 times, tried to change it to expert a bunch of times (he should have just left and joined an expert game?)

And at the end they hid somewhere and wouldn't get on the chopper, so they wasted my time. (at least I got some zombie kills).

I got this for steam. But the controls are so confusing. Do you guys use that game pad thing?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

what? It controls just like every other FPS has for the past 10-15 years.

My first FPS to be honest. :|

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

what? It controls just like every other FPS has for the past 10-15 years.

My first FPS to be honest. :|

:wall:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I got this for steam. But the controls are so confusing. Do you guys use that game pad thing?

You have your fingers and thumb on the WASD, shift/control key, and the spacebar. You then use your index for E, and R, while you use your thumb for the C key. You use your middle finger or ring finger for the number keys. You use your pinkie for shift/control. You may also map the buttons on your mouse for easier use.

The mouse controls are all static to your finger, your fingers hardly do use more than one button except for the scope or the scroll wheel...:/

Not hard at all. Take 4 hours and you'll get used to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an amusing thing I noticed after Francis was killed...

Map - Dead Air: The Crane

l4dvsairport02offices00.th.jpg

Gangsta much? o.O

That made me chuckle.

And the charger in L4D2 looks promising in my opinion.

Don't know if this was posted before or not, but its relatively new...

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

Oh man, L4D is one of the few reasons I kinda regret getting a PS3 instead of a 360. I play it at a friend's house all the time. So freaking great. Can't wait for L4D2. Gonna be fun chopping off zombie legs with an axe.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Oh man, L4D is one of the few reasons I kinda regret getting a PS3 instead of a 360. I play it at a friend's house all the time. So freaking great. Can't wait for L4D2. Gonna be fun chopping off zombie legs with an axe.

Do not play on 360. PC is and always will be superior to the console version of all Valve games. Get on PC.

I'm still pissed that they're making a sequel at all, but when it's released on Steam, I think there should be a discount for Steam users who already own L4D1.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Do not play on 360. PC is and always will be superior to the console version of all Valve games. Get on PC.

I'm still pissed that they're making a sequel at all, but when it's released on Steam, I think there should be a discount for Steam users who already own L4D1.

I'd buy it for PC but laptop + integrated graphics = fail.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

i hate the new lobby system for this game.

wtf?

Yea... it hasn't been working out too good. My team and I end up splitting up to find a lobby with four other people in and join that way. Can't seem to create one that sticks for some reason. >_<

So if anyone's not noticed yet, they've released more images, videos, and information for Left 4 Dead 2.

Newest Special Infected Revealed: The Spitter (Picture Here: http://www.shacknews.com/screenshots.x? ... #img138139)

Newest Campaign Revealed Swamp Fever - The Only Cure Is Dying

Newest Weapons Revealed: AK-47, Cricket Bat

Sources: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59655

And if you haven't seen it already, here's more videos showing some more game play:[hide=L4D 2 - Footage of New Maps, Bridge Bombing, Junk Yard Crescendo , and More! - Posted June 5, 2009][yt]pDueGY13j3A[/yt][/hide]More videos here: http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/game/1435224 ... 8/Gameplay

My take on it?

The Spitter look like a cross between a Boomer and Smoker. If you haven't seen the picture already, let me just describe the Spitter to you now: It's a tall female with a long bloodied neck like giraffe with pigtails. Yes you read correctly: PIGTAILS. I don't know if that's what makes it freaky or the fact that it's wearing a tank top, khaki shorts and pink ballet-slipper like heels and has a bloated stomach that makes it look like she was pregnant when it turned. :( In any case, it's attack is similar to the Boomer's. It's ranged attack will split up Survivors by means of acid. It's said to be mostly harmless, but if you stand in it too long, it's gonna "burn!" Talk about liquid fire. :shock:

In terms of the campaign, based on the videos I've seen so far it seems fairly decent, but feels like a damp version of Blood Harvest. :-?

In terms of having an AK-47 added to the list of 20 new weapons that are supposed to come out: wow. o_O Louis was right, it is just like Counter-Strike. :lol: As for the Cricket Bat... I dunno, isn't one bat enough already? :|

There's actually a full gallery of the Swamp Level and the Spitter:

http://www.ripten.com/2009/07/23/new-le ... d-as-hell/

As well as an article, incorporated with videos:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1006010p1.html

So you get a description of what is going on and what to look for in the short previews.

Really excited about the Swamp level, cause seriously, it looks so dynamic. Especially if the AI is seriously able to change our pathways, the wooden paths should change and geez, that's a whole new twist on things. Especially since the water is suppose to slow you down. Everything about the Swamp level just sounds epic. Loving the mudmen as well.

[hide=Swamp Poster]swamp-poster.jpeg[/hide]

Still the Spitter looks creepy and weird as anything I've ever seen. It's practically disturbing.

Now let's hope that the other campaigns are just as diverse as these campaigns are.