Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

I just started playing the game tonight. I've completed the first two campaigns. I can't believe how hard this game is. I've spent 2 hours on each of the campaigns just trying to make it through. I did a versus match on the first campaign and it was pretty fun. I like playing as the spitter. But the number or special infected is too much and sometimes you can have some cheap deaths.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I just started playing the game tonight. I've completed the first two campaigns. I can't believe how hard this game is. I've spent 2 hours on each of the campaigns just trying to make it through. I did a versus match on the first campaign and it was pretty fun. I like playing as the spitter. But the number or special infected is too much and sometimes you can have some cheap deaths.

I like the high number of special infected. It keeps the monotony of being a Boomer for the entire round away. I like the Jockey the best out of the new infected. It's a hunter that can move it's prey wherever it wants!

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The game is slightly more difficult than the first one is. I just hope there's a bridge between L4D1 and L4D2 for the PC so all of the issues with competitive leagues can be set to rest and not this debate of splitting into two separate leagues or a single league with a mod to L4D2 to modify it more to what L4D1 brought to the table, that L4D2 really did not improve on (competitive wise).

Still a good game though, even though the concept gets old after you've done all the campaigns, since it isn't such a fresh experience as L4D1 was.

I like the high number of special infected. It keeps the monotony of being a Boomer for the entire round away. I like the Jockey the best out of the new infected. It's a hunter that can move it's prey wherever it wants!

The Jockey is useful, but I find him to be very annoying. He's too hard to kill when he is just running around on the ground. The Spitter is my favorite of the new infected.

I finished the last 3 campaigns today. They were easy compared to the first 2. I couldn't believe how long it took me to get those first two campaigns done.

There are tons of people in each game type on Xbox Live. That's where I play L4D2. I've had no trouble making Campaign, Versus, and Scavenger matches.

There are tons of people in each game type on Xbox Live. That's where I play L4D2. I've had no trouble making Campaign, Versus, and Scavenger matches.

How do you start a new game? Do you choose custon match? Because whenever I select quick match or whatever I go into a game already going in a [cabbage]ty position with one or two computers.

I always do online campaigns. You don't have to deal with computers as much.

I'm surprised at how fun Scavenge can be. I like it since the games are much shorter than a versus or campaign match would be.

Guys, I'm thinking of installing this, and since I'm a PS3 player I'll have to get it for PC. I can play TF2 without a hitch but I realize that that's a pretty old game so using that as an indicator on my PC's ability to play the game is kinda stupid.

My specs:

Vista Home Premium

Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.00 GHz

3GB RAM

Graphics:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400, 1.5GB

DirectX 10

So would I manage to run this? Also, should I get the first one on or the second one?

Alright, does Steam give refunds? I'm guessing no, but I should be able to play L4D(2). So now my only question is L4D 1 or 2. I'm leaning towards 1 because it's cheaper. Ofcourse, if there's no one online on L4D (which I kinda doubt but you never know), I'll go for L4D2, or if you guys say that L4D2 is better. I'm just wondering, both have the same specs as far as I know, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Long story short, L4D 1 or 2?

Alright, does Steam give refunds? I'm guessing no, but I should be able to play L4D(2). So now my only question is L4D 1 or 2. I'm leaning towards 1 because it's cheaper. Ofcourse, if there's no one online on L4D (which I kinda doubt but you never know), I'll go for L4D2, or if you guys say that L4D2 is better. I'm just wondering, both have the same specs as far as I know, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Long story short, L4D 1 or 2?

L4D2 probably has way more players online. Though, I like the survivors and campaigns in L4D1 better.

If you have 3 buddies that play and like L4D1, then maybe you could go for L4D1.

Wasn't there a steam sale where L4D2 was like $30?

Guys, I'm thinking of installing this, and since I'm a PS3 player I'll have to get it for PC. I can play TF2 without a hitch but I realize that that's a pretty old game so using that as an indicator on my PC's ability to play the game is kinda stupid.

My specs:

Vista Home Premium

Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.00 GHz

3GB RAM

Graphics:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400, 1.5GB

DirectX 10

So would I manage to run this? Also, should I get the first one on or the second one?

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

^Use this to test your system, chances are you'll be fine though.

Also, if you can get both, but the majority of people will be playing #2 and it'll be tough to get a versus game in the first L4D.

Some dude made a fully working Left 4 Dead 8-Bit game. You can download it here.

Here's a video of it:

Here's Kotaku's take on it:

Unofficial 8-Bit Left 4 Dead Now Available - Left 4 Dead - Kotaku

I found it to be pretty fun for awhile. Some here may enjoy it.

Added you. If anyone wants to add me, my name is CrazyPyro.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I've never played L4D1, but I bought L4D2 a week ago and I don't like it... it's just killing zombies and nothing else

Killing zombies isn't fun for you?

Isn't CoD just running around shooting people?

Isn't Need for Speed just driving around?

Isn't Command and Conquer just telling guys where to stand?

Exactamundo.