TIF is bit over-moderated

Again, why not just say "Move and click in one key press" explicitly mentioning the jumping to a point as part of the problem indicates that it is indeed wrong. His point on clicking as well as moving in one key press is in addition to the not jumping to a point.

Badly written perhaps, but that's what he's saying.

You're free to imagine this is what it means, but you've proven with your lack of evidence that Jagex's official statement does not support your viewpoint. Maybe if you showed this email from Jagex it would clear some things up. Oh wait, it doesn't exist. So we're back at you deciding what Jagex's rules are for them, and then blocking our forum because you disagree with us. Cool.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the first removals of signatures came over 2 weeks after posts which break the rules were posted. There was plenty of time to remove the offending content.

Which scripts are you even talking about?

They've been pmed to theAncient and will be to grimy/rocked shortly.

Surely you understand we can't post them here.

I'm not asking you to post the script, just which one. I'm under the assumption that this was started over the actual bot that a new member to the forum posted on page 5 of the AHK thread, which grimy responded to and said that his forums are not the place for bots. If i'm wrong about that, it's because this wasn't made clear to me at all - the links in my signature were removed for the reason of "grimy's forum supports botting/illegal scripts are posted there."

C1Geq.png

It doesn't take long to register and view our forums. Register, look, and give us back our signatures. It's not that difficult. It shouldn't take weeks on end to figure out something as simple as that.

It doesn't take long to register and view our forums. Register, look, and give us back our signatures. It's not that difficult. It shouldn't take weeks on end to figure out something as simple as that.

No, but it's very convenient for it to take weeks if you dislike the forums for personal reasons and want our links gone without starting a [cabbage]storm outside of our little group.

Reposting that we really want this imaginary Jagex email, by the way.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Don't remember anyone saying that there was an email. We could also verify the content much faster if you'd make your forums public.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Jagex have been contacted regarding the scripts (with examples provided) and yes, they confirmed that is against the rules.

Was this done by telegraph?

I've no idea and am not privy to that information. Frankly, given the way things are going I doubt you'd be convinced by anything short of a live in-game announcement.

polvCwJ.gif

I've no idea and am not privy to that information. Frankly, given the way things are going I doubt you'd be convinced by anything short of a live in-game announcement.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't post provocations. It's a simple matter of copying and pasting Jagex's response to Darkdude's inquiry.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Make ridiculous claim

People request proof

Wow, you guys are so non-trusting.

Why do your moderators/admins not seem to even communicate with eachother? That's a terrible way to run a forums. Still waiting on that email though. (or telegraph)

C1Geq.png

You thought about becoming a politician?

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

I'd appreciate it if you didn't post provocations. It's a simple matter of copying and pasting Jagex's response to Darkdude's inquiry.

Or perhaps I genuinely believe that?

I'd also appreciate if we weren't accused of bias towards you guys, since, you know, we've been removing links to botting stuff for several years, but tough luck it seems.

EDIT: And thanks, always nice to hear I've got a vote already :)

polvCwJ.gif

I'd also appreciate if we weren't accused of bias towards you guys, since, you know, we've been removing links to botting stuff for several years, but tough luck it seems.

One post on the forum with a bot that hadn't been deleted yet when some TIF mod found it

GRIMY'S FORUMS ARE BOTTING STUFF

Yeah.

Nobody has specifically said there was e-mail exchange. It would be nice if you would calm down so we can actually organise ourselves and give you an official message from ourselves summing everything up instead of constantly replying to your posts.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

One post on the forum with a bot that hadn't been deleted yet when some TIF mod found it

Yeah.

Doesn't TIF get spammed by phishing bots every other day? It's the same thing. :rolleyes: I can't even conjure the energy to involve myself in such a ridiculous argument. One side is knowledgeable in programming and well-versed in Jagex's policies while the other is . . . not . . . BUT THEY HAVE A SUPER SEKRIT EMAIL FROM JAGEX AMIRITE.

I mean seriously, how hard is it to just post the [bleep]ing email that apparently clears this whole thing up for good?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Jagex have been contacted regarding the scripts (with examples provided) and yes, they confirmed that is against the rules.

WAT

Nobody has specifically said there was e-mail exchange. It would be nice if you would calm down so we can actually organise ourselves and give you an official message from ourselves summing everything up instead of constantly replying to your posts.

was it sent by pigeon and the pigeon has flown away????

C1Geq.png

Yeah.

Having illegal scripts present on a forum does to me sound as if it encourages macroing. Not saying it is supported, but it is present and does not help the situation. We are by no means going to tell people how to run their own forums, only that if certain things are present, we will not have them linked to from here as they clash with our rules.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Because we are forcing you to reply to every post, right?

I'm not sure how long a copy/paste takes, but it's not like I'd be able to do anything if it took you guys 5 hours to do it.

Yeah.

Having illegal scripts present on a forum does to me sound as if it encourages macroing. Not saying it is supported, but it is present and does not help the situation. We are by no means going to tell people how to run their own forums, only that if certain things are present, we will not have them linked to from here as they clash with our rules.

I've seen people advertising gold selling and RS3 BETA on TIF. Does that mean TIF supports RWT and phishing scams?

No, because those aren't condoned and they are immediately removed.

TEF admins have had a week to remove the offending scripts and they still haven't done so. If they have, they should make the forums public so I can check right now.

polvCwJ.gif

TEF admins have had a week to remove the offending scripts and they still haven't done so. If they have, they should make the forums public so I can check right now.

They're already gone.

I can't make the forums public, but our admins have good (spammer-related) reasons for keeping them private. You're welcome to make an account and join in the discussion if you'd like to see the board.

They're already gone.

I can't make the forums public, but our admins have good (spammer-related) reasons for keeping them private. You're welcome to make an account and join in the discussion if you'd like to see the board.

Spammer related reasons? What are those exactly?

polvCwJ.gif

From what I've noticed this far, the entire premise for the mods' arguments is based around hand-waving and ad infinitum fallacies.

"You're wrong because I say so" does not constitute a proper rebuttal.

td2sig.jpg