TIF is bit over-moderated

In example; clans have been able to ask for private forums for them to use for clan matters. This has been especially useful for smaller clans who haven't had the man power to create and maintain a forum on their own, or clans who have appreciated the extra security we have compared to other free forums.

There are also private planning forums for events such as the CLan Tournament, in addition to various staff and site/forum content planning forums. None of these have strict moderation, as the usergroups who have access are very small and they can keep things on topic and as clean as necessary.

Administrators have access to all forums, including private ones. This does not mean they are invited or welcomed to post in them, but they can check if there are reports or there are suspicious posting patterns. In my time, I have never had to butt in on a forum I didn't have posting priviledges on, so it's not a power that gets abused.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would highly suggest/encourage that Any Staff deemed "retired" from RS stay away from boards that have to do with RS content. Often times those staff members misconstrue information/opinions as trolling, when, to be blunt, they don't know what the f*** they're on about.

Only on Tip.It have I have so many Staff members who don't even play, or, frankly, suck at RuneScape/can't devote enough time to it to be able to hold valid input about it.

I think new Staff should be hired, active in the RS game itself, as well as active on Tip.It.

Conversely, I feel quite a few other members of Staff should step down. Not naming any names though.

<

Change the rules on discussions of botting, at the current moment, their are 5 different threads on bots on the general discussion frontpage. Not needed in my opinion, and serves no real purpose other than take up space. There seems to be a continuous flow of them everyday and they are just annoying to see spam the general board.

I would highly suggest/encourage that Any Staff deemed "retired" from RS stay away from boards that have to do with RS content. Often times those staff members misconstrue information/opinions as trolling, when, to be blunt, they don't know what the f*** they're on about.

Only on Tip.It have I have so many Staff members who don't even play, or, frankly, suck at RuneScape/can't devote enough time to it to be able to hold valid input about it.

I think new Staff should be hired, active in the RS game itself, as well as active on Tip.It.

Conversely, I feel quite a few other members of Staff should step down. Not naming any names though.

<

100% agree.

patr1ckotg1.png

Change the rules on discussions of botting, at the current moment, their are 5 different threads on bots on the general discussion frontpage. Not needed in my opinion, and serves no real purpose other than take up space. There seems to be a continuous flow of them everyday and they are just annoying to see spam the general board.

That is currently under discussion (And a change is looking likely to happen). Always good to remember though that we can't make changes immediately. We like to hear input from as many staff members as possible.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Always good to remember though that we can't make changes immediately. We like to hear input from as many staff members as possible.

Does this include banning users?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Always good to remember though that we can't make changes immediately. We like to hear input from as many staff members as possible.

Does this include banning users?

Yes it does :P In most cases there is a real time discussion and anywhere from 2-5 people agree to a ban before it's made. And for ban appeals the entire admin and super moderator teams are involved and we always go with a majority vote.

We would love this just as much as you. Unfortunately it's a lot harder to find suitable people than you think. There are very VERY few people who are active on Tip.It, active on RS, and are suitable for a moderator position. We're always on the look out though.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'll moderate the Metagame forum. I no-life Tip.it, Runescape, and IRL, so I'm a great candidate. And I have a perfect track record. Just sayin'.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/39282-so-you-want-to-join-the-tip-it-forum-staff/

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

<

Eh, I see it as completely irrelevant for the staff to have to physically play the game to keep things under control on a forum. Do you forget that you're actually expected to be mature? You shouldn't have to be policed - but it's something anyone can do; whether or not they play a game related to it isn't necessarily. They don't need to know what the f*** they're on about...And people shouldn't be trolling, no matter how it's put. Don't spew that nonsense that Moderators are misconstruing information/opinions to be trolling, that's a childish excuse.

Who says their input isn't valid? You? LOL! Who let the comedian out of the bag?

I'm happy with the staff we have currently, mind you. They are a great team of people and a pleasure to work with.

They should step down? Or some of the mouthy users should step back? Ah, I think the latter. Along with many, many others.

Certain kids are ruining this community, which was once a great place. They know who they are. Not naming any names, though. Enough of the school-yard [cabbage] from most people...They need to grow up or get out.

:mellow:

Oh and in before the broken-record "You're a rank and suck up to people", DERP we've heard that story before, too, Mr. Green.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

<

Eh, I see it as completely irrelevant for the staff to have to physically play the game to keep things under control on a forum. Do you forget that you're actually expected to be mature? You shouldn't have to be policed - but it's something anyone can do; whether or not they play a game related to it isn't necessarily. They don't need to know what the f*** they're on about...And people shouldn't be trolling, no matter how it's put. Don't spew that nonsense that Moderators are misconstruing information/opinions to be trolling, that's a childish excuse.

Who says their input isn't valid? You? LOL! Who let the comedian out of the bag?

I'm happy with the staff we have currently, mind you. They are a great team of people and a pleasure to work with.

They should step down? Or some of the mouthy users should step back? Ah, I think the latter. Along with many, many others.

Certain kids are ruining this community, which was once a great place. They know who they are. Not naming any names, though. Enough of the school-yard [cabbage] from most people...They need to grow up or get out.

Oh and in before the broken-record "You're a rank and suck up to people", DERP we've heard that story before, too, Mr. Green.

When mods take it upon themselves to go spy in a forum where they are clearly not welcome and then punish people in THEIR OWN forum for stuff that gets said in that OTHER forum, that is clearly crossing a line. It's especially bad because, in this particular instance, the mod in question twisted the facts to suit himself.

td2sig.jpg

<

When mods take it upon themselves to go spy in a forum where they are clearly not welcome and then punish people in THEIR OWN forum for stuff that gets said in that OTHER forum, that is clearly crossing a line. It's especially bad because, in this particular instance, the mod in question twisted the facts to suit himself.

I'm not really interested in getting into small details, but those who are involved, who have created a bit of a storm deserve what they get. And spying? This isn't the CIA. Get real.

I do have more to say, but as said not interested to get into any debate like that. TIF has seen enough.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Newb,

I was already having a pretty good day, but you just made it! Thank you for the best laugh I've had in a while!

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

The only time we would ever use information from another forum to count against a user on Tip.It would be ban evasion. So if someone says on RS or in an IRC channel or another forum that they have a new account on Tip.It that they are ban evading with, yes we will use that information. But we never hold anything else against users if it is posted somewhere else. So if someone bashes Tip.It staff on another forum, we wouldn't ban their Tip.It forum account for it. We wouldn't do anything.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Tripsis pretty much covered this. As far as I am aware, this has never happened. Baseless accusations do nothing but waste the time of staff here.

I would very much like to know the example you claim to have happened. If you do not feel like posting it here, you are free to tell a member of staff in a PM if you feel it was unfair.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

One of the mods, not naming any names, ordered everyone to remove the Efficienado's links from their signatures because one thread on those forums discussed various AutoHotKeys scripts, which in the manner they are being used by the people on that forum are perfectly within the game's rules of one-input-one-output. He still maintained that they were illegal and that the mods on our forum endorsed macroing, and threatened to remove signature privileges unless we complied.

td2sig.jpg

We're not getting people in trouble for what they post on TEF. Our concern is outgoing links that are posted on Tip.It. For instance, we don't allow links to be posted on Tip.It that lead to forums with botting information or black markets, etc. Similarly (but far less extreme, of course), there is a thread on the Efficienado forum that contains some rule-breaking scripts. The first post of the thread was fine, and most of the scripts posted in the thread were also fine, but there were also a few scripts posted that do break the rules. You guys are fully welcome to post whatever you want on TEF and we won't ban your Tip.It Forum account no matter what you say there. But, we still have standards for outgoing links posted on Tip.It. And if a site contains any scripts or information that could assist with botting, we don't support that. The action we take is about the outgoing link posted on Tip.It - not for what content you post on TEF.

I have sent a detailed PM to a TEF admin clearly outlining our concerns and expectations. We would love for you guys to be able to continue advertising TEF and we're trying to help make that happen. But we do have certain standards that need to be met for any outgoing links.

Posted Image

I do agree with tripsis that standards do need to be maintained for content in outgoing links in signatures.

I do - from my limited knowledge as a user (after getting both sides stories) think both sides could of handled it better. Neither side is perfect imo.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Grimy has stated in the Autohotkey thread that the "looping" script was removed and future AHK scripts must be 1:1.

So, I guess the problem with that is solved.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

With all the trolling and bot loving I've witnessed on TIF lately, I have a hard time posting on any topic outside of the 200M in all skills thread.

My view on the matter is only for events that happened in the thread I mentionned and I believe that there is no over moderation, in fact I sometimes wish moderation would come faster and the thread quickly gets out of hands during troll fests. I'm glad that actions are taken rather quickly when I use the report button though.

Good job, guys! Too bad the trend of TIF and RS in general makes the bot apologists the new elite though.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Grimy has stated in the Autohotkey thread that the "looping" script was removed and future AHK scripts must be 1:1.

There are still several scripts which are against RuneScape rules.

With all the trolling and bot loving I've witnessed on TIF lately, I have a hard time posting on any topic outside of the 200M in all skills thread.

My view on the matter is only for events that happened in the thread I mentionned and I believe that there is no over moderation, in fact I sometimes wish moderation would come faster and the thread quickly gets out of hands during troll fests. I'm glad that actions are taken rather quickly when I use the report button though.

Good job, guys! Too bad the trend of TIF and RS in general makes the bot apologists the new elite though.

Thank you for your many helpful reports :)

Posted Image

There are still several scripts which are against RuneScape rules.

According to whom? As long as they fit the 1:1 criteria, they are legal.

td2sig.jpg

There are more rules than just that. And not all of them even meet that one.

The only legit button presses:

Move mouse x in one direction

Left Click

Right Click

Anything that moves to a specific spot for example is against the rules. Especially if you've got it looking for a certain icon :rolleyes:.

I will be bold and assume here, but normally the staff contact Jagex if there is doubt about rules. That's what we have done in the past, at least. So the "according to whom" is probably "according to someone from Jagex". Unless of course the practice has changed recently. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?