TIF is bit over-moderated

The only source Jagex has presented is 1:1, correct? I made several posts a few pages back (that were ignored) about how it is impossible that wicked_'s functions adhere to that rule.

To which we responded that no functions in general can inherently follow a 1:1 rule

But blacklisting all functions is fundamentally stupid.

Did you know I could program scripts into my google that would allow anyone opening my spreadsheets to bot?

Same applies for excel. Possibly even microsoft word with sufficient knowledge.

Anything with scripting capability can do this. And there's a lot more programs with scripting capabilities than you probably realize.

And for the record we did address this to be our opinion on this matter.

I kind of doubt you read my posts; my point was that wicked_'s functions as written can never be used within the rules. We haven't "blacklisted all functions" at all - we've blacklisted ones that can't be used legally.

I'm quite aware of the capabilities of office (all programs in the office suite have basically the same scripting capabilities). My job is writing VBA scripts for office products.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forum.tip.it/topic/294927-newest-administrator/page__pid__4875166#entry4875166

remove posts that aren't praising the new admin.

what.

like 4 peoples posts were removed for not praising the new admin.

edit: 5

also last to kn0ws post is sarcastic - you should probably remove that from the circlejerk.

edit: 7 (hey they took my suggestion on last to kn0w)

C1Geq.png

We have told you guys time and time again that staff bashing is not okay. If you have negative comments or complaints, we are willing to listen, but you need to contact an admin privately about it. We are trying to work with you guys and listen to what you have to say, but if you keep going against the small thing that we ask you to do (talk to us via private message), then you don't leave us much choice in how we respond :/

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Why can't we voice our opinion on a bad decision in public? It's not like talking to anyone in private will remove jimmy jim from adminship. All it looks like is you're trying to make it look like everyone supports you like green said (inb4 its removed too)

oh sorry cant quote greens post, it's been removed. and last to kn0ws too, lol so that makes it 7

C1Geq.png

Why can't the public see it? If all they ever see is one side of a story, nothing will ever be done because they will never notice the problems that others have noticed.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Why can't we voice our opinion on a bad decision in public? It's not like talking to anyone in private will remove jimmy jim from adminship. All it looks like is you're trying to make it look like everyone supports you like green said (inb4 its removed too)

oh sorry cant quote greens post, it's been removed. and last to kn0ws too, lol so that makes it 7

Raging about an admin in public wouldn't remove him from adminship either. It's the same reason that we don't allow people to flame other users. We don't allow flaming, bashing, or rude comments directed at anyone.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Raging about an admin in public wouldn't remove him from adminship either. It's the same reason that we don't allow people to flame other users. We don't allow flaming, bashing, or rude comments directed at anyone.

There's a difference between disagreeing and raging, and I am really surprised that you're the one who I'd have to say that to. None of us were flaming him or really raging, either.

td2sig.jpg

So in general discussion I can disagree with someone. But when I'm disagreeing with an admin, I'm always wrong and I can't disagree in public? FAIRNESS

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I honestly don't see why you guys continue to harp on about certain staff members in the wrong areas, you've been told where to take it up countless times. Ranting about a staff member anywhere is not going to get their status removed unless you have a good reason for it. The amount of incorrect information I've seen is ridiculous "... removed this" "... banned me for this" when a lot of the time it isn't even correct.

And just so you know, I do play RuneScape actively in the mid semester/summer breaks. Not like it should matter..

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Several of the posts removed were not by any reasonable definition bashing. Calling it a poor decision or asking why is just simple polite disagreement. What you want is for the thread to be 100% oral pleasure for Jimmy.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

So in general discussion I can disagree with someone. But when I'm disagreeing with an admin, I'm always wrong and I can't disagree in public? FAIRNESS

You're welcome to disagree with us all you want. But there's a right way and a wrong way to do it. The posts that were deleted would have also been deleted if they were in a thread about a regular user. If a regular user made a thread saying that they were returning to Tip.It and someone posted "please god no," it would be removed and they would be warned. If someone posted a rude, sarcastic comment in reply, it would be removed and they would be warned.

Posted Image

And just so you know, I do play RuneScape actively in the mid semester/summer breaks. Not like it should matter..

It most definitely matters if you are moderating any of the forums that pertain to RUNESCAPE, and especially if you stick your nose in the Metagaming forum.

Also, as I said on the announcement thread, you should lock it. The majority of non-moderators have nothing good to say about this, so it would save everyone the headache if you made it where nobody could reply to it.

td2sig.jpg

I have undeniable proof that y'all are anti-TEF. I posted an "illegal" script about a week ago in this thread on the same level as any of Wicked's scripts, even said it was so. At least one tif mod viewed it, as of the time of this post it's still there, and I have not been reprimanded in any way. If y'all were treating all such scripts at any location, including here, tef, mars, your mother's backside (I really do not want to know why you would check there for "illegal" scripts), the same, it would not still be up.

I have undeniable proof that y'all are anti-TEF. I posted an "illegal" script about a week ago in this thread on the same level as any of Wicked's scripts, even said it was so. At least one tif mod viewed it, as of the time of this post it's still there, and I have not been reprimanded in any way. If y'all were treating all such scripts at any location, including here, tef, mars, your mother's backside (I really do not want to know why you would check there for "illegal" scripts), the same, it would not still be up.

Looks like we missed that; thanks for the heads up. I've removed it now.

polvCwJ.gif

How convenient. You ignored it a week ago, after even replying about it, but now claim to just have "missed" it.

How convenient. You ignored it a week ago, after even replying about it, but now claim to just have "missed" it.

To be honest, at the time I thought that your first scripts (the original functions) were only pseudo code and not actually functional, so I left the illegal script. However, since you pointed out that it was an actual functioning script that is against the rules I've removed it.

polvCwJ.gif

To be honest, at the time I thought that your first scripts (the original functions) were only pseudo code and not actually functional, so I left the illegal script. However, since you pointed out that it was an actual functioning script that is against the rules I've removed it.

So you have no knowledge over what constitutes a working script. Who's to say anything posted on TEF is just pseudocode if you obviously can't tell the difference? Also, what makes pseudocode acceptable over real code, the fact that you can't just copy and paste it and have it working?

So you have no knowledge over what constitutes a working script. Who's to say anything posted on TEF is just pseudocode if you obviously can't tell the difference? Also, what makes pseudocode acceptable over real code, the fact that you can't just copy and paste it and have it working?

Because then you only have the potential to make a code if its pseudocode.

wait isn't that the entire reason that tef is being removed?

C1Geq.png

You posted those scripts not to actually do something, but in order to demonstrate. I briefly scanned them, understood your point, and thought no more of it. Now that you've (rightly) pointed out that there was in fact a rule breaking script there, I agree with your insistence it must be deleted.

polvCwJ.gif