TIF is bit over-moderated

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wouldn't mind, would you also show us the email you sent to them as well as their reply. Framing effect and all you know.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Quyneax has already posted there saying that topic posts were not removed because neither side provided concrete proof that their claim was right. It was just assumed that everyone knew why one side was right. This is an issue we're looking into and (I believe this was suggested in the topic) the moderating team is currently considering the idea of having an organized fact sticky in that forum so that a fact can be stated and then a link to the sticky could be provided for evidence.

If you wouldn't mind, would you also show us the email you sent to them as well as their reply. Framing effect and all you know.

How were they contacted within 5 minutes last time, and this time has taken 3+ days?

Also, I too would like to see this e-mail; both sent and received. The reason being, if I went up to authorities and said, "These people are botting and trying to say they are not with the following functions... Mind setting them straight?" What do you think the reply is going to be?

Thanks.

09144a99bb.png

I think a copy of the email sent to Jagex should be displayed. It's only fair, otherwise the answer is out of context.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

How were they contacted within 5 minutes last time, and this time has taken 3+ days?

Also, I too would like to see this e-mail; both sent and received. The reason being, if I went up to authorities and said, "These people are botting and trying to say they are not with the following functions... Mind setting them straight?" What do you think the reply is going to be?

Thanks.

I think that's very unreasonable. Jagex has the ability to decide for themselves given the evidence what is appropriate and what is not.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Thanks.

I think that's very unreasonable. Jagex has the ability to decide for themselves given the evidence what is appropriate and what is not.

How is it unreasonable? Surely you're not trying to hide something.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

We'll paste everything once we have a response :)

Good to hear :thumbup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Thanks.

How is it unreasonable? Surely you're not trying to hide something.

Not saying providing the email we sent them is unreasonable, saying that Jagex will do whatever we supposedly asked them to is unreasonable.

polvCwJ.gif

The implication was that it would be very easy to force an answer from Jagex depending on the wording of the email. I and everyone else involved in this would just like to see how the email is worded. You can't fault us for wanting to know.

No, but I can fault you for accusing us of deliberately swaying the email without any evidence of us doing so.

The evidence is how long it took to convince you guys to give us some proof that you actually contacted Jagex.

That kind of behavior is not indicative honest behavior, is it?

Naaxi.png

Quyneax has already posted there saying that topic posts were not removed because neither side provided concrete proof that their claim was right. It was just assumed that everyone knew why one side was right. This is an issue we're looking into and (I believe this was suggested in the topic) the moderating team is currently considering the idea of having an organized fact sticky in that forum so that a fact can be stated and then a link to the sticky could be provided for evidence.

This is why it's so important to have mods who understand the game moderating the forum. We should not have to waste time proving that a rapier has better DPS than magic on a stab weak dragon- it's common sense. The burden of proof needs to be on the claim that is patently ridiculous.

The funny part is that Quyneax KNOWS that the magic idea was crap and still decided to play dumb and require evidence. Mods shouldn't be playing dumb on the metagame forum of all places. As it is now it's help and advice 2.0, and I have 0 motivation to post there. It's a cesspool.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

No, but I can fault you for accusing us of deliberately swaying the email without any evidence of us doing so.

I resent your implication. I was not accusing you of anything.

You, no. Wicked, yes.

@grimy: we've already made our stance quite plain. Things don't happen overnight.

polvCwJ.gif

The evidence is how long it took to convince you guys to give us some proof that you actually contacted Jagex.

Even though i"ve no idea the scripts/whatever you're asking Jagex.

What you just said translates to me as "because you didn't do what we asked you to, you are hiding something." :unsure:

Staurolite.png

What you just said translates to me as "because you didn't do what we asked you to, you are hiding something." :unsure:

You should go back a few pages and get the whole story.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This is why it's so important to have mods who understand the game moderating the forum. We should not have to waste time proving that a rapier has better DPS than magic on a stab weak dragon- it's common sense. The burden of proof needs to be on the claim that is patently ridiculous.

The funny part is that Quyneax KNOWS that the magic idea was crap and still decided to play dumb and require evidence. Mods shouldn't be playing dumb on the metagame forum of all places. As it is now it's help and advice 2.0, and I have 0 motivation to post there. It's a cesspool.

Given that we are expected to prove just about everything in Metagaming now, perhaps it would be helpful if there were some sort of "burden of proof" clause in the metagaming rules. This way, it is up to the person with the ridiculous claim to prove it and not up to the person who is advocating standard knowledge. This would clean that forum up a little bit.

But yeah, I agree with Green. Metagaming has really deteriorated into another H&A for a number of reasons. Lack of mods and unclear rules are just two of them.

PM me in game anytime

Given that we are expected to prove just about everything in Metagaming now, perhaps it would be helpful if there were some sort of "burden of proof" clause in the metagaming rules. This way, it is up to the person with the ridiculous claim to prove it and not up to the person who is advocating standard knowledge. This would clean that forum up a little bit.

But yeah, I agree with Green. Metagaming has really deteriorated into another H&A for a number of reasons. Lack of mods and unclear rules are just two of them.

This is where the idea of a 'known facts' sort of thread as a sticky has come from, which is currently being discussed. It would just be a repository of the smaller more well known facts that occur to many as common sense.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Except for that many player there are lots of "known facts" that are not as well known for other players. Please make policy and rule additions as well to go with this thread. Allow it to grow.

PM me in game anytime

You should go back a few pages and get the whole story.

I don't have access to TEF (I don't think) to know what scripts are talked about.

But it's ok, I'll stop passing judgement on that.

I'm just saying the way he worded that doesn't seem so "right".

"not giving proof" isn't a type of "evidence".

Staurolite.png

Whatever reply you get will be from 'community mods'. (If your reply is from Timbo it can pretty much be ignored)

As I'm not restricted to official channels I'll ask the people who make these decisions directly, rather than those who have to tow the party line.

neo.png01 vet :)

Baby_Neo.png