TIF is bit over-moderated

Das flaunts his red hair to the world though :(

I'm not ginger, but Allyson Hannigan, Karen Gillian, Gillian Anderson, Heather Carolin, Faye Reagan, Jennifer Korbin, Phoebe Price, Bryce Dallas Howard, Lindy Booth, Alicia Witt, Angelica Bridges and Christina Hendricks are lovely.

How did I know you would mention Faye Reagan, das? :shades:

too many long nights of lonely admin work? :P

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it been two weeks or three weeks? This is 100% derp.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

This is still Jagex we're talking about. ;)

I've been able to get responses from actual developers, not community mods, withing 24 hours of trying. Come on.

PM me in game anytime

This is still Jagex we're talking about. ;)

I've been able to get responses from actual developers, not community mods, withing 24 hours of trying. Come on.

Well, I guess they don't respond to emails as quickly then.

It takes actual knowledge and understanding of the programming language to create a bot from scratch. Python (random programming language example - ignore any thoughts about it not working) is far different than operating AHK. If there were step by step instructions on how to do it in some other programming language, then it'll be treated the same way. A programming language in general is far more broad than AHK.

Just give them patience.

To Admins: I assume you have access to a special forum for Jagex-fansite communications? If not, I know a few of you are Player Moderators. It's not an abuse of power whatsoever asking for clarification of rules.

I'm not trying to cause any problems at all, don't think that at all - I'm just trying to find out any alternatives to emailing because it seems Jagex customer support is acting like it usually does (you'll be lucky to have a reply by Christmas in other words).

I did suggest an alternative though. My apologies for requoting, but I didn't get any response from that.

j0xPu5R.png

Well we want them to be able to look at the actual scripts, which is why we chose to do it via e-mail. :ohnoes:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Perhaps use your contacts to make them aware that a reasonable number of people are waiting on someone from the macros team to take ten minutes and respond. That way we preserve the paper trail and get a quick response.

PM me in game anytime

It's especially aggravating that we KNOW the email will come from some braindead community mod who doesn't know what he's talking about, and then we'll be right back where we started. It's unfortunate that TIF is too intent on driving a wedge between our communities to actually think about the issue and consider the evidence rationally.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

We specifically asked that the scripts be reviewed be reviewed by someone qualified and outside of CM. And we are equally as frustrated as you guys with the slow response time :(

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

We specifically asked that the scripts be reviewed be reviewed by someone qualified and outside of CM. And we are equally as frustrated as you guys with the slow response time :(

While I believe that you might be frustrated Tripsis, I don't think you speak for the rest of the admins in this statement.

Apologies from are nice, but they aren't going hold weight unless they come from the mouths of the people our community holds grievances against.

Naaxi.png

Maybe tip.it should admit it was wrong OH WAIT LOL IT'S TIP.IT

Yawn. The boredom from your attitude is overwhelming.

I think Grimy is referring to admins like this guy. As much as I love knowing that you don't really care about this issue, it'd be nice if you kindly [bleep]ed off and stopped antagonizing posters for being frustrated with the nonsensical approach that you decided to take in dealing with this whole thing.

Like Grimy hinted at, there are definitely a couple admins and mods who actually care about seeing this issue resolved and seeing this forum's metagaming community restored, but it really doesn't help when admins like Rainy_Day and mods like Y_Guy taunt and patronize such an important part of their community.

I guess it doesn't surprise me that neither of them actually play Runescape, though.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Perhaps you should get off your [bleep]ing high horse.

Im sick and tired of all this stupid childish arguments sprouting up. I just want the damn place to go back how it used to be, none of this Efficiency Vs Fun crap, Users Vs Admins and vice-versa.

Popoto.~<3

It's especially aggravating that we KNOW the email will come from some braindead community mod who doesn't know what he's talking about, and then we'll be right back where we started. It's unfortunate that TIF is too intent on driving a wedge between our communities to actually think about the issue and consider the evidence rationally.

How do you "know" this exactly?

While I believe that you might be frustrated Tripsis, I don't think you speak for the rest of the admins in this statement.

Apologies from are nice, but they aren't going hold weight unless they come from the mouths of the people our community holds grievances against.

I (who apparently am one of the ones you have a supposed grievance with) am also frustrated. I'd love for this issue to be over and done with either way.

I think Grimy is referring to admins like this guy. As much as I love knowing that you don't really care about this issue, it'd be nice if you kindly [bleep]ed off and stopped antagonizing posters for being frustrated with the nonsensical approach that you decided to take in dealing with this whole thing.

Like Grimy hinted at, there are definitely a couple admins and mods who actually care about seeing this issue resolved and seeing this forum's metagaming community restored, but it really doesn't help when admins like Rainy_Day and mods like Y_Guy taunt and patronize such an important part of their community.

I guess it doesn't surprise me that neither of them actually play Runescape, though.

I don't recall taunting anyone? In fact, a few pages back, I made several posts detailing exactly what was wrong with Wicked_'s explanation of how the scripts were legal; it's yet to be replied to. But it seems to me that anyone who hasn't been ridiculously conciliatory to your community somehow is "taunting and patronizing".

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I admit I haven't been a part of this discussion but I have been reading through this thread. I too am interested in the stuff you guys have come up with and I am sure it will help when I do decide to get back to playing the game regularly. I know that the wait can be aggravating but I think we can all use the time to calm down and stop getting worked up over this.

I do not believe that the TIF mods are against the TEF community. We are all just hoping for a positive response from Jagex (whenever it does come).

@Tim

A lot of people want that, but we are being censored without cause and that isn't our fault.

@Y_Guy

You have been very negative about this from the beginning. Nobody takes you very seriously on the issue anymore, at least not TEF people.

PM me in game anytime

A lot of people want that, but we are being censored without cause and that isn't our fault.

It's been explained time and time again why you're being censored: because of an existing rule we've consistently enforced over the past several years.

Your community has brought it to our attention that our rule may be misguided or flat out wrong; so we're taking the necessary steps to verify from the authority in the matter whether or not that is the case. If we get an email back from Jagex saying "no, these scripts are fine" I would expect our rules to change accordingly, and then by extension links to your site being re-allowed.

polvCwJ.gif

Y, you think these scripts are against the rules? Show me a user who has been banned, warned, or contacted in any way regarding the use of these scripts. They aren't new, they've been around for quite some time. If Jagex had even a quarter of the resources they claim to have for combating macroing, we'd have seen someone get busted over this. I know plenty of users who have had stat wipes from botting, and yet nobody has EVER had action taken for the use of Wicked's scripts (believe me, we'd have seen the rants if it happened).

We can only conclude that, since they follow the only Jagex source that has been presented on macroing policy, nobody has had any action taken because they are LEGAL. Claiming otherwise is nothing more than a transparent jab at TEF under the guise of following Jagex rules. I refuse to believe anybody can be stupid enough to actually believe these scripts can be illegal given the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, with the possible exception of the Jagex derp who's eventually going to find this email buried somewhere and copy paste a response to it.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Y, you think these scripts are against the rules? Show me a user who has been banned, warned, or contacted in any way regarding the use of these scripts. They aren't new, they've been around for quite some time. If Jagex had even a quarter of the resources they claim to have for combating macroing, we'd have seen someone get busted over this. I know plenty of users who have had stat wipes from botting, and yet nobody has EVER had action taken for the use of Wicked's scripts (believe me, we'd have seen the rants if it happened).

We can only conclude that, since they follow the only Jagex source that has been presented on macroing policy, nobody has had any action taken because they are LEGAL. Claiming otherwise is nothing more than a transparent jab at TEF under the guise of following Jagex rules. I refuse to believe anybody can be stupid enough to actually believe these scripts can be illegal given the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, with the possible exception of the Jagex derp who's eventually going to find this email buried somewhere and copy paste a response to it.

So you're saying that because you've never heard of someone being warned for this we should assume that they're acceptable? That's a pretty weak argument - I've never known anyone who was warning for sexual advances on Runescape, but that certainly doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

The only source Jagex has presented is 1:1, correct? I made several posts a few pages back (that were ignored) about how it is impossible that wicked_'s functions adhere to that rule.

Once again, you're assuming that we're going to get a copy-paste response. We specifically asked for an expert to write an individualized response precisely because of the vague responses coming from the community mods.

polvCwJ.gif

Oh I care about the issue at hand and wish for it to be resolved, but I take umbrage to certain posters constantly slamming us with their "holier than thou" approach, they get away with enough as it stands and I get a tad sick of it. And I don't see how I'm antagonising/taunting people, I'm merely expressing my view in regards to bad attitudes present in this thread. So if we could kindly wait for Jagex to respond without the daily moaning, I'm sure that would be just swell.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Oh I care about the issue at hand and wish for it to be resolved, but I take umbrage to certain posters constantly slamming us with their "holier than thou" approach, they get away with enough as it stands and I get a tad sick of it. And I don't see how I'm antagonising/taunting people, I'm merely expressing my view in regards to bad attitudes present in this thread. So if we could kindly wait for Jagex to respond without the daily moaning, I'm sure that would be just swell.

An eye for an eye, this started because of certain admins and mods slamming us with the same holier than thou approach.

Get over it. If admins like you don't apologize for your actions, we'll continue assuming that you negatively of us, and will continue treating us as such.

This is an issue of trust. That's not one you fix by accusing us of having poor attitude.

The only source Jagex has presented is 1:1, correct? I made several posts a few pages back (that were ignored) about how it is impossible that wicked_'s functions adhere to that rule.

To which we responded that no functions in general can inherently follow a 1:1 rule

But blacklisting all functions is fundamentally stupid.

Did you know I could program scripts into my google that would allow anyone opening my spreadsheets to bot?

Same applies for excel. Possibly even microsoft word with sufficient knowledge.

Anything with scripting capability can do this. And there's a lot more programs with scripting capabilities than you probably realize.

And for the record we did address this to be our opinion on this matter.

Naaxi.png