Efficiency Trolls

JacTise69

Just get a slayer helm or black mask and some super attack/strength pots and your ready to go.

Don't throw millions of gp at a skill that makes you money if done properly.

Are you saying even at current prayer potion prices, piety is not worth using?

I don't use it.

But can do it however you please, but it seems silly to me to have to go out of your way to make money just to do slayer which for most people is a fun skill that makes money.

I think he finds it fun to be inefficient

Nah, I'm giving he my usual horrible advice: Have fun while playing runescape it's not a job. :rolleyes:

This. Is efficiency trolling. Purposely posting bad advice. This should be bannable.

This is just trolling.

Trolling other people because they don't like whips. And personal attacks, which were edited out by mods. This should be bannable.

EDIT: @TheAncient, but you can also be efficient without being elitist. Why not try that?

Staurolite.png

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda going offtopic but still I'd like to comment on such statistical threads like "Divine vs Elysian in a PvM setting". Not really helpful considering it doesn't affect a majority of the pop. Not saying it's wrong to make a topic like that though. I just went to read up that thread again, and didn't see it even making 2 pages.

"affect a majority of the pop" would mean threads

comparing rune and dragon armor

comparing dragon longsword and scimitar

comparing bolt and blast spells (maybe make a mention for wave)

comparing mining iron to at best mith

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

If someone is seeking honest advice, it's silly, hurtful, and unproductive to give them advice that you know is wrong.

There is no point in telling someone that one way is more fun than another. People find that out for themselves.

What you can legitimately offer advice on is all efficiency related.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Just get a slayer helm or black mask and some super attack/strength pots and your ready to go.

I don't use it.

But can do it however you please, but it seems silly to me to have to go out of your way to make money just to do slayer which for most people is a fun skill that makes money.

Nah, I'm giving he my usual horrible advice: Have fun while playing runescape it's not a job. :rolleyes:

This. Is efficiency trolling. Purposely posting bad advice. This should be bannable.

This is just trolling.

Trolling other people because they don't like whips. And personal attacks, which were edited out by mods. This should be bannable.

EDIT: @TheAncient, but you can also be efficient without being elitist. Why not try that?

One was trolling. One was flaming. Both are wrong. He never said he hadn't flamed others before, he was pointing out an example of trolling.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Kinda going offtopic but still I'd like to comment on such statistical threads like "Divine vs Elysian in a PvM setting". Not really helpful considering it doesn't affect a majority of the pop. Not saying it's wrong to make a topic like that though. I just went to read up that thread again, and didn't see it even making 2 pages.

comparing rune and dragon armor

comparing dragon longsword and scimitar

comparing mining iron to at best mith

Why do topics have to compare 2 things? :unsure:

@Last to know: I was pointing out the same

Staurolite.png

I don't use it.

Hi Levon,

I got an olive branch for you.

Thank you for reposting one of my recent trips into help and advice.

Despite this being reposted out of context and lacking the original post, you can see what makes me proud.

I was curteous and helpful.

I even offered a bit of humor to I_troll_Gol.

Afterall, do you know how many people got 99 slayer with just a whip, black mask/slayer helm, and super pots?

Alot, since overloads, choatic weapons, and all that jazz only came out in the last couple of years.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

comparing rune and dragon armor and granite

comparing dragon longsword and scimitar and gmaul

comparing mining iron to at best mith or coal

There, fixed it for you. Now there are three :)

[hide]

[/hide]

I don't use it.

This is just trolling.

But you see. I was not trolling. I had no intention of actually making someone mad.

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Also this makes me lol everytime

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

I don't use it.

Hi Levon,

Despite this being reposted out of context and lacking the original post, you can see what makes me proud.

Afterall, do you know how many people got 99 slayer with just a whip, black mask/slayer helm, and super pots?

Alot, since overloads, choatic weapons, and all that jazz only came out in the last couple of years.

Hmm... kindness kills, a new approach for you golv?

Also, simply because something was there first, doesn't make it better. We should use whips and not chaotics since people got 99 with whips before chaotics came out?

[hide]

[/hide]

I don't use it.

Hi Levon,

You WERE NOT being curteous and helpful. Posting HORRIBLE advice is not curteous nor is it helpful. In any way.

Okay here's the context. Op asked what to buy for slayer. you SAID not to poor your money into prayer for slayer because slayer makes you money when done properly. Slayer MAKES MONEY with piety. in fact it makes more.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

they were examples...... <_<

Also this makes me lol everytime

Ignore/don't mention posts made later in threads

IT MAKES YOU LOOK BETTER

In all seriousness though, You were being a [bleep] in that thread, there's no denying that. :rolleyes:

That being said, I love reading through threads like that, I find it entertaining.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Actually piety and cannonballs cut into your profits on most tasks that you'd use them? I remember people saying they barely profit from slayer anymore.

i said piety. not cannonballs. and you do make more money than without. waaaay more kills at the cost of 45k/hr MAXIMUM

25% more kills makes up for a 45k loss always.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

Actually piety and cannonballs cut into your profits on most tasks that you'd use them? I remember people saying they barely profit from slayer anymore.

i said piety. not cannonballs. and you do make more money than without. waaaay more kills at the cost of 45k/hr MAXIMUM

25% more kills makes up for a 45k loss always.

+1. Cannon skyrockets your exp at a significant cost, but just piety can only improve your income. Prayer potions are CHEAAAP right now.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Piety/turmoil DOES NOT cut into profits, as it makes kills faster, thus getting drops faster. You make money FASTER using those prayers.

Cannonballs do however, it's only mentioned as a way to objectively make slayer more efficient, by looking at your RS stats/wealth as a whole.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I thought you had to cannon to be efficient. And I did not know prayer pots were so cheap right now. Thought they were still 7k but holy [cabbage]! guess not. :lol:

If you look at your RS stats and wealth as a whole, you do need to cannon to be efficient.

It is more efficient to cannon your way through slayer, gaining the xp/levels that much faster, then using the time saved to make money with things like Frost dragons and bossing.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I stopped posting in that thread because i was finished with it, and i also recieved a warning from a mod.

I have personal issues i dont care to discuss and sometimes i just get a bit out of hand instead of just posting the best advice

that's fine, I like your posts, and all the replies that come with them. It makes it more fun usually :P :thumbup:

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I stopped posting in that thread because i was finished with it, and i also recieved a warning from a mod.

I have personal issues i dont care to discuss and sometimes i just get a bit out of hand instead of just posting the best advice

that's fine, I like your posts, and all the replies that come with them. It makes it more fun usually :P :thumbup:

oh okay thanks lol, i wasn't sure if you were hating on me or what :P

Levon.png Bladewing.png

Really? Efficiency trolls? :mellow:

Then you can say I'm one of "those" people as well, just on a different aspect of the game.

I just don't see how people can not play efficient. Leveling your skills and making money takes tons of time in members, even more in f2p. By using the best methods to reach high levels and cashpiles, you not only are able to become better in a shorter amount of time, but are also able to save time. By saving time in real life, you have more time to do other things. Irl > game, so make the most out of your game time and understand that you NEED a balance in real life time as well.

Like somebody said a long time ago, efficiency overload is not the problem. Anti-efficiency is.

Efficiency for life. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Really? Efficiency trolls? :mellow:

Then you can say I'm one of "those" people as well, just on a different aspect of the game.

I just don't see how people can not play efficient. Leveling your skills and making money takes tons of time in members, even more in f2p. By using the best methods to reach high levels and cashpiles, you not only are able to become better in a shorter amount of time, but are also able to save time. By saving time in real life, you have more time to do other things. Irl > game, so make the most out of your game time and understand that you NEED a balance in real life time as well.

Like somebody said a long time ago, efficiency overload is not the problem. Anti-efficiency is.

Efficiency for life. ;)

This is exactly what i think. thanks for wording it out :P

Levon.png Bladewing.png

Most of the people in this thread don't know what troll means

Were curt because were tired of dealing with stupidity. Sometimes the opposite side isn't stupid but our annoyance from other arguments carry over

Two wrongs don't make a right

Just providing a rationale as to why "efficiency clowns" sound elitist.

Motivation can be found for a lot of things. It doesn't necessarily make it tolerable.

Really, I said this earlier, I think there are trolls, flamers on both sides of the debate. People purposefully troll at times, or just post misinformation of some sort that the efficiency people respond bluntly with. Possibly with swear words. Someone gets offended and this whole damned debate starts. Not trying to blame anyone in particular, people just have heated feelings about these sorts of thing and before you know it there's a flame war or something.

Can't we all just get along?

We are Jagex's premier platinum fansite.

We need to extend the olive branch to each other.

I know in my heart that I have been trying with dilligence to get along with the more difficult people.

I always try to offer them alternatives to their monotonous spreadsheet routine or a bit of humor.

I just want them to experience the joy, wonder, and excitement of playing runescape THE GAME.

*giggles*

But seriously....

Can't we all just get along?

If thousands of years of human history has taught us anything, it has taught us that this is not the case.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

By using the best methods to reach high levels and cashpiles, you not only are able to become better in a shorter amount of time, but are also able to save time. By saving time in real life, you have more time to do other things. Irl > game, so make the most out of your game time and understand that you NEED a balance in real life time as well.

Be careful by what you mean as best. The word can be relative.

Going by the quoted statement, botting is efficient. Why? You save time in real life by otherwise letting a robot do all the mundane things, leaving you more time to do what you want IRL. It would also be the best method for gaining cash. (There's one operator in the great orb project guild right now who has earned close to 100m+ from botting multiple accounts on w61. I'd say he doesn't do more than check his things for a few minutes.) In this way, botters see themselves as efficient.

You might want to revise how you go about arguing this and instead say you find it fun to be efficient in the game because you like figuring out the mechanics of it i.e. drop tables, and not because it is the best and therefore the only way to play right.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

I'm still seeing a lot of "Do it this way. We do it this way, therefor it is the best and you should also do it this way". But in reality being efficient isn't always the best way of doing things. Being efficient, 90% of the time, is so boring or so much of a grind that you want to kill yourself after 10 minutes of doing it because it takes what used to be a game and turn it into a 9-to-5 job. And you might not agree with me, but you know deep down inside that im not lying. How many of you efficiency clowns get so upset when you run past someone doing something inefficient? How many of you would giggle to yourself or even mutter an insult? How many of you would even stop and tell him how inefficient he is being? The truth is many of you would. Because i've seen many of you do it. And that is sad. The point at which you feel you NEED to educate other people on having fun when you really arent having fun yourself. The point at which you started assuming you were a better player, while in reality you were just a better exp gainer. Gaining fast exp does not make you the better player, it just makes you a better grinder, and i'm sorry to have to tell you this guys but grinding is a mindless activity. Some of us don't like spending 2 hours doing a mindnumbing hated activity for the sake of saving another 4 hours when we could have been doing something fun for 6 hours instead.

Each and every one of us play the game the way we think its fun and when someone in H&A asks for the best/most efficient way of doing something then you guys can do what you do best and answer it. But when the word "best/efficient" is not included in the post, please try and keep your underwear clean when someone offers an actual fun method, okay?

I'm still seeing a lot of "Do it this way. We do it this way, therefor it is the best and you should also do it this way". But in reality being efficient isn't always the best way of doing things. Being efficient, 90% of the time, is so boring or so much of a grind that you want to kill yourself after 10 minutes of doing it because it takes what used to be a game and turn it into a 9-to-5 job. And you might not agree with me, but you know deep down inside that im not lying. How many of you efficiency clowns get so upset when you run past someone doing something inefficient? How many of you would giggle to yourself or even mutter an insult? How many of you would even stop and tell him how inefficient he is being? The truth is many of you would. Because i've seen many of you do it. And that is sad. The point at which you feel you NEED to educate other people on having fun when you really arent having fun yourself. The point at which you started assuming you were a better player, while in reality you were just a better exp gainer. Gaining fast exp does not make you the better player, it just makes you a better grinder, and i'm sorry to have to tell you this guys but grinding is a mindless activity. Some of us don't like spending 2 hours doing a mindnumbing hated activity for the sake of saving another 4 hours when we could have been doing something fun for 6 hours instead.

Each and every one of us play the game the way we think its fun and when someone in H&A asks for the best/most efficient way of doing something then you guys can do what you do best and answer it. But when the word "best/efficient" is not included in the post, please try and keep your underwear clean when someone offers an actual fun method, okay?

This is the problem. I don't in any way shape or form see playing efficiently as a detriment to how much I enjoy playing the game. Saying that 90% of efficient training methods are boring and mindless is 1) a made up statistic and 2) only true for certain individuals, with only yourself being identified thus far as one of them.

I don't get upset seeing someone do something inefficient, I simply think "I hope their having fun while they waste their time". And in game I don't address anyone unless addressed first. And how does one measure who is the better player if not by exp rates, gp/hr rates etc? Certainly it can't be who has the most fun, because that is subjective and also isn't dependant on the game. Getting drunk and DGing is certainly going to net me more fun than someone who is sober DGing, but that doesn't make me a better player than him. Sadly for this game grinding=playing, so being a better grinder=being a better player.

What posters in H&A are asking for the worst methods? None of them. No one goes into H&A looking to find the 3rd best method of doing something, they want the best. And as said before if they want to know what's the most fun they wont/shouldn't post because no one can tell them what they will have fun with.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword