Osama Bin Laden confirmed dead

Brady

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can blame this all on three things. America's addiction to foreign oil, Bush's reckless deregulation of the banking industry and America being unwilling to suck it up and accept a small tax raise.

Even if you claimed 100% of everything that people made more than $250,000/year, America still could not overcome the $1.5 trillion dollar deficit. Try again.

No, but if you closed all the tax loopholes and and raised tax on the rich, it would be a start. So would be reducing oil consumption. I must say that Obama has disappointed me by not pushing harder for clean energy projects.

Like I said, no need to flame, this is extremely subjective. You shouldn't get defensive. Although I do encourage critical thinking.

Kind of like how you equated people with theists because they don't agree with "positive reinforcement" of a terrorist?

Tell you what would be funny, if this entire report was constructed to distract people from the impending economic collapse and provide a nationalistic booster-shot. Funny indeed. Good to know that the big scary boogeyman has finally carked it. Now we can all rest easy under the iron fist of statism :-D

I know, I know, everyone ignore the crazy anarchist (me). He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, relax.

Speaking of being defensive....

Some of these replies are a bit scary tbh.

Not really. They're quite what I expected when one of the biggest terrorists the world has known has been taken down.

The facts about this man are also a bit blurred. As with this report itself.

Please, tell us how you know they are blurred if they are indeed blurred. Surely you wouldn't know the truth either in that case.

and I just respond: You tell me how it's not blurred. Anyone can shift the burden of proof, it's easy.

By not answering what you were asked, and instead trying to turn the question around, it tells me you don't really have an answer. :wink:

And don't try to ask me for an answer on how it's not blurred, because I never claimed to know anything about it, so don't waste your time there. I'm merely pointing out that you're avoiding providing an answer.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Not really. They're quite what I expected when one of the biggest terrorists the world has known has been taken down.

Please, tell us how you know they are blurred if they are indeed blurred. Surely you wouldn't know the truth either in that case.

and I just respond: You tell me how it's not blurred. Anyone can shift the burden of proof, it's easy.

By not answering what you were asked, and instead trying to turn the question around, it tells me you don't really have an answer. :wink:

And don't try to ask me for an answer on how it's not blurred, because I never claimed to know anything about it, so don't waste your time there. I'm merely pointing out that you're avoiding providing an answer.

I never claimed to have an answer, you probably shouldn't get smug about this, since I proved before that you're just as unsure about the truth as I am.

Guys chill, a person who millions of people hated is dead. Was it worth it in the end? Who cares for now, let the people celebrate and see what's next.

That's the exact problem. So if someone was hated by millions, it doesn't necessarily mean they deserved death. You really have to push yourself over a threshold to earn that mark.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Guys chill, a person who millions of people hated is dead. Was it worth it in the end? Who cares for now, let the people celebrate and see what's next.

That's the exact problem. So if someone was hated by millions, it doesn't necessarily mean they deserved death. You really have to push yourself over a threshold to earn that mark.

He ordered an attack that killed thousands, ruined the lives of many more, and is a champion of the anti-west cause. I don't think wanting him dead is wrong.

Agreed, I'd say it's dangerous to chill (in this context) while the world as we know it edges closer towards collapse. These are merely distractions designed to encourage us into bending over and taking it.

I never claimed to have an answer, you probably shouldn't get smug about this, since I proved before that you're just as unsure about the truth as I am.

You said yourself that the facts about Osama are a bit blurred. How can you make a statement like that, then say you don't have an answer to how they are blurred. You might as well have never made the statement in the first place if you aren't going to bother to back it up what so ever.

Also, I wasn't being smug, I was just saying that you're making statements and refusing to back them up with facts.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Agreed, I'd say it's dangerous to chill (in this context) while the world as we know it edges closer towards collapse. These are merely distractions designed to encourage us into bending over and taking it.

Then stop chilling yourself, get off this forum, and do something about it. Maybe you'll last longer than Bin Laden.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Then stop chilling yourself, get off this forum, and do something about it. Maybe you'll last longer than Bin Laden.

I already said solving problems witrh violence is childish (if you're suggesting that I would go out of my way to bomb some place in the name of X cause). Anyway, the reality is that we have jack all say as individuals. This is the way our society has been conditioned to work, perpetually hammered in via media/propaganda. The most an individual can really do is recognise the BS that goes on around them, and maybe cause others to notice it as well.

Action does not always have to be violent, but if you want to let people see the [cabbage], saying it in a whiney-sort of way isn't effective to say the least.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Action does not always have to be violent, but if you want to let people see the [cabbage], saying it in a whiney-sort of way isn't effective to say the least.

I certainly don't see myself as whiney :unsure: I guess that's what happens when the tone of text is left up to someone elses interpretation.

See, the majority don't listen to anarchists, but our numbers are slowly growing *evil laugh*. I can't believe I just reinforced the stereotype even jokingly.

I certainly don't see myself as whiney :unsure: I guess that's what happens when the tone of text is left up to someone elses interpretation.

See, the majority don't listen to anarchists, but our numbers are slowly growing *evil laugh*. I can't believe I just reinforced the stereotype even jokingly.

Usually I view the cliche "I'm scared of people's reactions" line as whiny. Just do.

Anarchists do something, like Bin Laden. Either do something because or else you shouldn't toss that term around.

siggy3s.jpg

Usually I view the cliche "I'm scared of people's reactions" line as whiny. Just do.

Anarchists do something, like Bin Laden. Either do something because or else you shouldn't toss that term around.

I think you have the stereotype anarchist in mind (you know, the devious mad-man rolling cartoonish round bombs under tables?). The word just suggests whether someone believes the state is not necessary.

Good. Osama Bin Laden was evil, and his death is long overdue.

(political power grows from the barrel of a gun), calling Osama Bin Laden evil is fine and all, people are entitled to their opinions, but if you support the government as well I see that as a bit hypocritcal.

One question. Bin laden died this morning. US confirmed this with DNA testing.

Doesn't DNA testing take a minimum of 48 hours though? Just asking, i have no clue myself about it, its just something my friend told me. And doing a quick browse most sites i can find say DNA testing takes 5-14 days.

Also this really does nothing. Sure osama is finally dead. Now his successor will probably be the one to plan something even worse against the US in retaliation.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Doesn't DNA testing take a minimum of 48 hours though? Just asking, i have no clue myself about it, its just something my friend told me. And doing a quick browse most sites i can find say DNA testing takes 5-14 days.

Also this really does nothing. Sure osama is finally dead. Now his seccessor will probably be the one to plan something even worse against the US in retaliation.

Personally, I think the US government could provoke another major terrorist attack. You know, turn a blind eye while they open the gate to a couple mad dogs they've been riling up for years? Time to point more fingers. Though probably not, it would be an incredibly stupid decision.

Also this really does nothing. Sure osama is finally dead. Now his successor will probably be the one to plan something even worse against the US in retaliation.

There's reports saying he died last week, so those times would make sense.

Also Osama's DNA test would take top priority, so those times would of been cut dramatically. The 5-14 day test is probably at your hospital for ordinary people.

I think you have the stereotype anarchist in mind (you know, the devious mad-man rolling cartoonish round bombs under tables?). The word just suggests whether someone believes the state is not necessary.

Are you blind? I just said action doesn't mean violence. Bin Laden was ideologically against the state of America, just like you claim to be; that's why I'm using him as an example.

siggy3s.jpg

Are you blind? I just said action doesn't mean violence. Bin Laden was ideologically against the state of America, just like you claim to be; that's why I'm using him as an example.

I don't remember attacking you (I'm not blind :sad:)

I should probably clarify:

- Ideological protest -

That's all well and good, the only problem is that those in power (as well as their lap dogs) can easily antagonize you (I've seen this first hand in my own family). This will either lead to you being ignored or ridiculed by the majority. People avoid change, any reason to keep things the way they are is always appealing.

- Violent protest -

You'll pretty much screw yourself over, there is no merit in this. If by chance if you are successful in overthrowing the government, the country is now vulnerable as ever to a worse system than before.

Guys, a person who has caused harm to thousands of people died today and you can't see how some people would get emotional and react the way they are? Let people get it out, then talk about what it means/significance/whatever you want later.

IDsF2.gif

Yes, there will be a successor, but Osama, as a founding figure of Al-Queda, and the person who took direct responsibility for the attacks, was extremely important to his people. Think of it as the combined George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Gandhi all being killed. So long as he was alive, they would always have him to rally behind, and would never truly have the fight knocked out of them. I believe that killing Bin Laden won't end the war, but you can't end the war without killing Bin Laden.

Yes, there will be a successor, but Obama, as a founding figure of Al-Queda, and the person who took direct responsibility for the attacks, was extremely important to his people. Think of it as the combined George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Gandhi all being killed. So long as he was alive, they would always have him to rally behind, and would never truly have the fight knocked out of them. I believe that killing Bin Laden won't end the war, but you can't end the war without killing Bin Laden.

???