Osama Bin Laden confirmed dead

Brady

Nice timing by Obama with the birth certificate/Bin Laden killed one-two punch! Someone's up for reelection.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in a sense this is a pyrrhic victory, seeing how thousands was lost to kill this dude.

@Cacmypants: That guy was not open to reasoning, thus he had to be stopped, DEAD OR ALIVE. And even if there is a difference between self defense and retribution, he wouldn't have been open to any sort of reason. Added with the thousands he is responsible for dying, it's only fitting that he dies for that. When someone you know died because of that bastard's actions, it's nice to have some closure on the matter.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Some of these replies are a bit scary tbh.

Not really. They're quite what I expected when one of the biggest terrorists the world has known has been taken down.

The facts about this man are also a bit blurred. As with this report itself.

Please, tell us how you know they are blurred if they are indeed blurred. Surely you wouldn't know the truth either in that case.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

When someone you know died because of that bastard's actions, it's nice to have some closure on the matter.

02binladen4_683-custom11.jpg

Awesome picture. Pretty much sums up why this is important.

And some people are talking about how this is comparable to Hitler dieing. I would say its up there but Osama is still going to become a martyr (i think thats the right word), so random groups are still going to carry out attacks for quite a while.

Well, in a sense this is a pyrrhic victory, seeing how thousands was lost to kill this dude.

@Eggs: That guy was not open to reasoning, thus he had to be stopped, DEAD OR ALIVE. And even if there is a difference between self defense and retribution, he wouldn't have been open to any sort of reason. Added with the thousands he is responsible for dying, it's only fitting that he dies for that. When someone you know died because of that bastard's actions, it's nice to have some closure on the matter.

I don't believe in the death penalty, ever, it's a horrible mentality. A person's actions should not brand them with the death stamp no matter how shocking. Remember that human actions are never without reason and that we're all essentially blank slates at the moment we're born (albeit slates of varied quality, but blank nonetheless) those in power have to take responsibility for what they and their predecessors have indirectly influenced; instead of shooting all their mistakes in the face without doing a damn thing to prevent more problems in the future, and if anything, the exact opposite is achieved.

The only time someone should kill is if their own life is directly threatened within the here and now, not out of spite, not out of revenge.

but hey, believe what you want, I'm simply expressing my own view-point, I can't sway somebody if they embrace 'justice' without question, it's essentially the same as arguing with a thiest. I'd also like to note that it has been proven many times over that positive reinforcement works astoundingly better than punishment as a means of encouraging certain behaviours. Then why do we use punishment? Easy answer, that's because it's cheaper and requires much less effort. Nice way to sell out humanity.

Some of these replies are a bit scary tbh.

Not really. They're quite what I expected when one of the biggest terrorists the world has known has been taken down.

The facts about this man are also a bit blurred. As with this report itself.

Please, tell us how you know they are blurred if they are indeed blurred. Surely you wouldn't know the truth either in that case.

and I just respond: You tell me how it's not blurred. Anyone can shift the burden of proof, it's easy.

@Cacmypants: That guy was not open to reasoning, thus he had to be stopped, DEAD OR ALIVE. And even if there is a difference between self defense and retribution, he wouldn't have been open to any sort of reason. Added with the thousands he is responsible for dying, it's only fitting that he dies for that. When someone you know died because of that bastard's actions, it's nice to have some closure on the matter.

The world would be better off without him, but seeing ppl cheer like maniacs because he's dead is still very disturbing. People may or may not deserve to die, not something anybody should judge, but i don't think it's ever appropriate to celebrate any form of death.

The same reason you don't celebrate the execution of criminals in any country is the same reason you wouldn't celebrate something like this.

Nice timing by Obama with the birth certificate/Bin Laden killed one-two punch! Someone's up for reelection.

ROFL at

8.5% - 9.2% unemployment since January of 2009,

a real inflation rate of about 10%,

the dollar losing 24% of its value to the looney and 15% of its value to the euro since 2009,

2.3% of all US homes receiving foreclosure notices in 2010,

$4.00+ gas before summer, and a predicted $5-6 / gallon gasoline,

a $14.3 trillion dollar debt with a projected $1.5 trillion dollar deficit this year,

Troops still in Afghanistan, Iraq, and now fighting a non-war in Libya.

But don't worry, he killed Osama Bin Laden.

Your boy Obama is winning achievements with tiger blood.

:twss: :thumbup:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

ROFL at

the dollar losing 24% of its value to the looney and 15% of its value to the euro since 2009,

a $14.3 trillion dollar debt with a projected $1.5 trillion dollar deficit this year,

Because the economy crashed cuz of obama rite.

@Eggs: That guy was not open to reasoning, thus he had to be stopped, DEAD OR ALIVE. And even if there is a difference between self defense and retribution, he wouldn't have been open to any sort of reason. Added with the thousands he is responsible for dying, it's only fitting that he dies for that. When someone you know died because of that bastard's actions, it's nice to have some closure on the matter.

I don't believe in the death penalty, ever, it's a horrible mentality. A person's actions should not brand them with the death stamp no matter how shocking. Remember that human actions are never without reason and that we're all essentially blank slates at the moment we're born (albeit slates of varied quality, but blank nonetheless) those in power have to take responsibility for what they and their predecessors have indirectly influenced; instead of shooting all their mistakes in the face without doing a damn thing to prevent more problems in the future, and if anything, the exact opposite is achieved.

The only time someone should kill is if their own life is directly threatened within the here and now, not out of spite, not out of revenge.

but hey, believe what you want, I'm simply expressing my own view-point, I can't sway somebody if they embrace 'justice' without question, it's essentially the same as arguing with a thiest. I'd also like to note that it has been proven many times over that positive reinforcement works astoundingly better than punishment as a means of encouraging certain behaviours. Then why do we use punishment? Easy answer, that's because it's cheaper and requires much less effort. Nice way to sell out humanity.

DONT YOU EVER PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH OR PUT YOUR OPINION IN A WAY MAKING IT SEEM THAT I'M IN THE WRONG. I'M A PARAGON OF JUSTICE, WITH VENGEANCE BURNING THROUGH MY VEINS. And positive reinforcement wouldn't work on a mass murderer. You should know this. Some people are irredeemable no matter what can be done, that's all there is to it. If there was any glimmer of light or reason for him, maybe. But we're far beyond that point now. I don't agree with killing anyone. But for this, I'd gladly make an exception. With that being said, al-Quaeda is so corrupt, so... evil, that it as a whole is unsalvageable, to where the only option is to destroy the faction outright.

Okay, what reasons would Osama have to murder thousands? And where DO WE EVEN START TO FIX THE PROBLEM AND STOPPER THE SOURCE OF THIS ENTIRE MESS? DO YOU HAVE THE SHEER FORTITUDE, KNOWLEDGE, OR REASON TO ANSWER THAT?!

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Okay, what reasons would Osama have to murder thousands? And where DO WE EVEN START TO FIX THE PROBLEM AND STOPPER THE SOURCE OF THIS ENTIRE MESS? DO YOU HAVE THE SHEER FORTITUDE, KNOWLEDGE, OR REASON TO ANSWER THAT?!

It may have something to do with a view of US imperialism/horrible foreign policy in the middle east, killing more than thousands, which made the US perceived as the ultimate evil to them. but they obviously just liekd bombing [cabbage] for fun ofc.

ROFL at

To be fair, gas is fluctuating at this point, and the unemployment rate was higher before Obama came into office. Still, governments are all about who will [bleep] up the least amount of things. And all of the economy problems are because some nobody bothered to check these entities that got too much power.

Because the economy crashed cuz of obama rite.

Nope, because of idiots in government like Barney Frank - the banking queen.

Anyhow I'd expect 2 years was enough to make some impact, especially since "If we pass the stimulus bill, unemployment will remain below 8%". It seems all they're doing to motivate the economy is pushing on a rope.

Also, congrats on receiving the transparent government award from the open-government coalition in a secret ceremony. High five everyone.

♪♪ And I'm not done

DONT YOU EVER PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH OR PUT YOUR OPINION IN A WAY MAKING IT SEEM THAT I'M IN THE WRONG. I'M A PARAGON OF JUSTICE, WITH VENGEANCE BURNING THROUGH MY VEINS. And positive reinforcement wouldn't work on a mass murderer. You should know this. Some people are irredeemable no matter what can be done, that's all there is to it. If there was any glimmer of light or reason for him, maybe. But we're far beyond that point now. I don't agree with killing anyone. But for this, I'd gladly make an exception. With that being said, al-Quaeda is so corrupt, so... evil, that it as a whole is unsalvageable, to where the only option is to destroy the faction outright.

Well said. There's a difference between rehabilitating someone with a drinking problem, and rehabilitating someone who has coldly calculated the slaughter of thousands of people, not just Americans, but even Muslims part of his own sect of Islam too in other countries.

But hey. There's always gotta be that one guy out of the bunch who wants to get on the podium and preach the gospel of good grace right before the hanging.

I'm still waiting for someone to claim the Obama Administration held him captive to use his death as a publicity chip.

It will happen as surely as someone will incorrectly invoke Godwin's Law.

hzvjpwS.gif

To be fair, gas is fluctuating at this point, and the unemployment rate was higher before Obama came into office.

Gas is always higher in the summer. The unemployment rate before Obama came into office was less than 8%, and since then its been above 8%. The unemployment rate is much lower now because people are becoming discouraged and are dropping out of the workforce, not because of significant job creation.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/employment/2011-04-13-more-americans-leave-labor-force.htm

But yeah, good job.

♪♪ And I'm not done

ROFL at

That's like being on a plane that's on fire and plummeting towards the earth with a dead pilot in the cabin, and blaming the guy who goes in there and tries to land it.

You can blame this all on three things. America's addiction to foreign oil, Bush's reckless deregulation of the banking industry and Americans being unwilling to suck it up and accept a small tax raise.

You can blame this all on three things. America's addiction to foreign oil, Bush's reckless deregulation of the banking industry and America being unwilling to suck it up and accept a small tax raise.

Even if you claimed 100% of everything that people made more than $250,000/year, America still could not overcome the $1.5 trillion dollar deficit. Try again.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Well said. There's a difference between rehabilitating someone with a drinking problem, and rehabilitating someone who has coldly calculated the slaughter of thousands of people, not just Americans, but even Muslims part of his own sect of Islam too in other countries.

But hey. There's always gotta be that one guy out of the bunch who wants to get on the podium and preach the gospel of good grace right before the hanging.

Like I said, no need to flame, this is extremely subjective. You shouldn't get defensive. Although I do encourage critical thinking.

I alknowledge that sometimes, especially with the current state of society, that these things can easily become unavoidable, but I will always stand by my previous assertions. If we continue like we are, there is no bright future, it's difficult to deny. Progress can never be made if we're permamently stuck within such a violent paradigm where the elite play us all like puppets for their own gain and amusement. To support this killing is to support the very same establishment that is stifles you.