Osama Bin Laden confirmed dead

Brady

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His death changes nothing. Until Al Qaeda as a whole is stopped, there will always be the threat of terrorism.

But this certainly helps. With no leader, it will make taking the organization down a lot easier.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

More like 1990-2011.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I am relieved that he has been stopped but I am uncomfortable that everyone is so excited that a person has been killed.

Same. We should be glad, but not like this. Being excited like some people are makes us seem like savages.

This seems more like excitement by way of closure. 1990-2011 is probably longer than most people on this forum have been alive, and there's been a lot to get to this point. It's not over, but it's a step toward the end in the path the country's chosen, regardless of whether or not it's the right path.

Nor is it as simple as everyone would like to believe. It isn't a case of good versus evil or peace versus violence by any means.

Theres such excitment because not since Hitler has there ever been anyone in the world hated more by America. Its exciting, it shows us the cause that we went to war for in the first place come to the surface. It gives us hope and a good feeling in such gloomy times with the economy and revolts around the world. This is a HUGE victory for the US and allies. Like I said, one step closer to the ultimate goal.

No one knows what will happen next, and the threat won't go away, but this is a MAJOR victory. Thats why we are excited. I can only hope pictures of his bullet ridden corpse surface on the internet because I would like to see. I hope he rots.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I am relieved that he has been stopped but I am uncomfortable that everyone is so excited that a person has been killed.

Same. We should be glad, but not like this. Being excited like some people are makes us seem like savages.

This is extremely evident to me as I hear the people down the hall screaming until they're blue in the face and pass out from lack of oxygen.

While it's not a wonderfully exciting thing that a person's been killed, it's still a significant moment for the whole war on terrorism thing. Even if/when he's replaced, it's still not the original person who died. From the point of view of his followers, it is as if the combimation of Abraham Lincoln, Jesus, and Ghandi died.

Wonderful? No, but still one of the most significant moments in the war and much more likely to be effective than the standard airstrike.

[hide=Warning, Profanity]osamac.png[/hide]

Edited by Kimberly
Please remember to put images containing profanity in hide tags for future use. :)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Theres such excitment because not since Hitler has there ever been anyone in the world hated more by America. Its exciting, it shows us the cause that went went to war for in the first place come to the surface. It gives us hope and a good feeling in such gloomy times with the economy and revolts around the world. This is a HUGE victory for the US and allies. Like I said, one step closer to the ultimate goal.

No one knows what will happen next, and the threat won't go away, but this is a MAJOR victory. Thats why we are excited. I can only hope pictures of his bullet ridden corpse surface on the internet because I would like to see. I hope he rots.

There is a reason why times are gloomy, you can't wash it over with bogus nationalism, that's dangerous in more ways than one. It's not a good reason to believe everything is ok, especially when the so-called 'threat' is a willingly self-inflicted wound. You don't claim victory over a menace you yourself caused, instead apologize for your mistakes.

An unfortunate trend it seems. There is no ultimate goal besides increased domination over our fellow man.

(9/11 was not an inside job, but I wouldn't put it passed the US government to have provoked it)

The death of a man is something we should not enjoy?

Surely you jest! Grow a spine.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

finally, someone half-rational. You don't solve violence with violence, it's such a basic kiddy rule, yet no one seems to comprehend it.

You don't solve violence with violence? Most violent people don't listen to reason. It may seem like a small and childish example, but it is an example of when violence was solved by more violence: In 5th grade there was this kid who sat across from me in class. Every day he would kick me in the shins underneath the desks. I didn't stand up for myself for about a week of constant abuse from him, and would come home from school every night with my shins covered in bruises. My dad told me that if he did it again the next day at school, to stand up for myself, and kick the kid's ass. The next day, the kid kicked me, I told him to stop, he kicked me some more. At recess, I broke his nose. Told him to [bleep] off or there would be more where that came from. Problem solved, the kid never even looked at me again, and requested to be moved to a different desk.

Violence solved with violence.

Good ridance Osama, have fun burning in hell. :thumbsup:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

17d1078eb7f39237705b0fed1d85659691dfb8b9.jpeg

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

While we're at it...

Good riddance. But as they say, with a bad guy gone, another comes to replace him. <_<

EDIT: ninja'd

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

finally, someone half-rational. You don't solve violence with violence, it's such a basic kiddy rule, yet no one seems to comprehend it.

You don't solve violence with violence? Most violent people don't listen to reason. It may seem like a small and childish example, but it is an example of when violence was solved by more violence: In 5th grade there was this kid who sat across from me in class. Every day he would kick me in the shins underneath the desks. I didn't stand up for myself for about a week of constant abuse from him, and would come home from school every night with my shins covered in bruises. My dad told me that if he did it again the next day at school, to stand up for myself, and kick the kid's ass. The next day, the kid kicked me, I told him to stop, he kicked me some more. At recess, I broke his nose. Told him to [bleep] off or there would be more where that came from. Problem solved, the kid never even looked at me again, and requested to be moved to a different desk.

Violence solved with violence.

Good ridance Osama, have fun burning in hell. :thumbsup:

There's a difference between self-defense and violent prevention/retribution. Your example is self-defense. Anyway, using a school-yard example to justify the actions of adults... not sure what to say about that... actually I am, it's ridiculous.

Now that he's gone, we have to regain the trust and support of the people of the Middle East. Lots of on-the-fence extremists to get on our side. I'm worried that some sort of retaliatory attack could happen.

Really, really glad he's gone though. Not to get political here, but Obama seems to be getting lots of credit for this. Yes, he was involved, but I think the ball was rolling to get to this point for a while. I'd think our men and women in the military deserve a pat on the back and a nice cold brew tonight.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew