Osama Bin Laden confirmed dead

Brady

How can people on this forum be so PC that they blindly spout the gibberish about how no death is good death, terrorists deserve to be fairly tried, they are freedom fighters etc...A man responsible for thousands deaths died, and the West gets demonized even more for rejoicing over it?

99 Fletching - 01/08/08

99 Theiving - 09/11/08

99 Cooking - 12/13/08

99 Runecrafting - 10/23/09

99 Strength - 05/07/10

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can people on this forum be so PC that they blindly spout the gibberish about how no death is good death, terrorists deserve to be fairly tried, they are freedom fighters etc...A man responsible for thousands deaths died, and the West gets demonized even more for rejoicing over it?

Well it just happens that in the process of killing that man, many innocent civilians died at the hands of the america army, so you can't really say you are all that better than the terrorists. What is there to rejoice over in that?

Also, I don't really know what you mean by PC. I like them over macs, but I'm not one myself, you see?

16185_s.gif

Well it just happens that in the process of killing that man, many innocent civilians died at the hands of the america army, so you can't really say you are all that better than the terrorists. What is there to rejoice over in that?

Also, I don't really know what you mean by PC. I like them over macs, but I'm not one myself, you see?

PC= Politically Correct

99 Fletching - 01/08/08

99 Theiving - 09/11/08

99 Cooking - 12/13/08

99 Runecrafting - 10/23/09

99 Strength - 05/07/10

lol backpedal

using your "logic", cheering osama's death is comparable to cheering american soldiers' deaths. not civilians.

... How am I backpedalling? I'm not entirely sure that you know what it means, to be honest. :mellow:

And I don't understand whatever point you're trying to make. Both sides have killed soldiers AND civilians, and I was saying that I felt a little disgusted that Americans were celebrating bin Laden's death, even though they had previously decried the Middle Easterners who had celebrated the death of Westerners.

9/11 caused 3000 CIVILIAN casualty. Hence celebrating 9/11 is celebrating the death of CIVILIANS.

Celebrating the death of OSAMA is celebrating the death of a TERRORIST/FREEDOM FIGHTER.

i tried to bold and cap for emphasis just to help you understand

So African Americans should have celebrated the death of Jame Earl Ray and went cheering "[bleep] yea got that bastard back" amirite?

I suppose you believe world war 2 was Franklin Delano Roosevelt's fault, too. Using your logic of chronologized occurrences coincidentally being congruent to whomever the figurehead of power is in that window of time.

To the best of my knowledge, FDR never promised that WWII wouldn't happen if certain pieces of legislation were passed (*cough* stay under 8% unemployment from the stimulus bill *cough* *cough*), or broke numerous campaign promises or outright lied to the American people (We're going to close gitmo, get out of Iraq and end the war in Afghanistan), or be outright hypocritical ("we inherited Bush's debt and record deficit!" while proceeding to double the national debt, and increase the debt by more than Bush's first 3 years in this year's month of February).

It's even funnier, now that I'm watching the news, that most of the information that led to Osama's death came from CIA interrogation techniques that Obama rallied against in his campaign.

But you know, whatever. Next round on me for nabbing him!

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

He means "politically correct".

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Guys just wondered about this, how would you feel if you were the guy who ended up shooting Osama?

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

Guys just wondered about this, how would you feel if you were the guy who ended up shooting Osama?

Well the guy is probably going to become a hero, so I imagine it would feel pretty damn good

...and a target for every revenge-seeking extremist.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Well the guy is probably going to become a hero, so I imagine it would feel pretty damn good

Which is why I can see their name not being released for a very, very long time (if at all). Probably something similar to Deep Throat.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Silly question

The world is like this because history has tainted it beyond repair, but that doesn't mean we should just ideologically give up and proclaim inevitability. For each person who can recognize evil without bias is a step in the right direction for all of us.

I don't understand what you're getting at. Are you suggesting that there is a peaceful solution for absolutely every human conflict?

Make no mistake; I wish there was. But there isn't.

Of course, the mind-set of 6 billion+ people cannot be changed overnight. Humanity may not be mature enough to resolve all problems peacefully at this time, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't work towards it.

But if we resolve our problems peacefully, how will we control the population?

Well that sounded awfully controrversial, although if you're serious; populations can be controlled through proper education and social values.

I'd be surprised if they ever released that information, it being a special forces (SEALS I believe) operation and all so I doubt the folks that took part will get any kind of public recognition for what they done nor would I think they'd want it.

Watching a newsnight program about the whole thing now.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Wait, so they START a war, we retaliate and we're the bad guys? I think you need to think about the chain of events here.

1.) We get attacked by Osama and his [bleep]s.

2.) We retaliate by going into Iraq and Afghanistan

3.) We kill Osama

Yeah, civilians died. It's not good - nor do American soldiers condone/encourage it. Whereas, Osama ATTACKED civilians. War is an ugly job that needs to be done from time to time. Just remember, Americans were attacked FIRST.

top_lel_face.png

Which is why I can see their name not being released for a very, very long time (if at all). Probably something similar to Deep Throat.

I would first off guess that the person couldn't say who he is until the mission details were partially/completely declassified (assuming they are) and he would probably wait at least a a few years before identifying himself, or he might wait til he deathbed like Deep Throat.

Silly question

The world is like this because history has tainted it beyond repair, but that doesn't mean we should just ideologically give up and proclaim inevitability. For each person who can recognize evil without bias is a step in the right direction for all of us.

I don't understand what you're getting at. Are you suggesting that there is a peaceful solution for absolutely every human conflict?

Of course, the mind-set of 6 billion+ people cannot be changed overnight. Humanity may not be mature enough to resolve all problems peacefully at this time, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't work towards it.

Well that sounded awfully controrversial, although if you're serious; populations can be controlled through proper education and social values.

Could you define peacefully? Would you count police arresting protesters as peaceful? if you did then i would say it would be possible but hard to do. If not then i think controlling a people without any form of force would be a complete brainwash of all people entering/living in the nation, and this would just be a unreachable dream at best.

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

I don't think he's denying that America had a right to defend itself. I think what he's highlighting is that when 9/11 happened, it was seen an atrocity (and it undeniably was). When thousands of innocent civilians die in the Middle East during the subsequent War on Terror, it's seen as collateral damage.

Either way, thousands of innocent civilians have died. It's just the perspective has changed. I'm not making any moral judgements there, but the attitude towards civilian deaths does change depending on circumstances.

Wait, so they START a war, we retaliate and we're the bad guys? I think you need to think about the chain of events here.

1.) We get attacked by Osama and his [bleep]s.

2.) We retaliate by going into Iraq and Afghanistan

3.) We kill Osama

Yeah, civilians died. It's not good - nor do American soldiers condone/encourage it. Whereas, Osama ATTACKED civilians. War is an ugly job that needs to be done from time to time. Just remember, Americans were attacked FIRST.

I think you forgot the part that involved US imperialism and horrible foreign policy, but I'm sure Osama just decided to attack the US for teh lulz too. I didn't know history started in 2001 either.

It was a Navy SEAL team, so I highly doubt that information will be released, as well as the fact that in most cases, teams will be firing at the same time, so you don't really know which bullet dealt the killshot. It's most likely the entire team that was shooting are all taking credit, which they should.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I didn't know history started in 2001 either.

Hahahahahahahaha. Oh my that was funny.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

My friend came into school with an American flag today and everytime he saw a picture of Bin Laden on the TV or on a newspaper he would wave it and scream "AMERICA". Made my day xD

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I proudly wore my Obama tee today. And no, I don't like Obama. I wear it to watch people's reactions--my roommate got it for $5 from a street vendor when the swim team went to Hawaii over Christmas break.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Joyfully celebrating the killing of a killer who joyfully celebrated killing carries an irony that I hope will not be lost on us.

-Brian McLaren

"Life is all about taking sides."

-Nick

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Silly question

Could you define peacefully? Would you count police arresting protesters as peaceful? if you did then i would say it would be possible but hard to do. If not then i think controlling a people without any form of force would be a complete brainwash of all people entering/living in the nation, and this would just be a unreachable dream at best.

Personally I don't agree with any form of violent coercion, that includes policing. You don't need to brainwash people for them to behave sensibly nor do you have to point a gun at their head, humanity is capable of fair social interaction without intervention. Although I agree that it would be near impossible to adopt such a system at present, society isn't ready for it. Wounds have to be recovered before progress can be made; too bad most wounds seem to be becoming worse.

Joyfully celebrating the killing of a killer who joyfully celebrated killing carries an irony that I hope will not be lost on us.

-Brian McLaren

i think the irony is lost to the vast majority of these tip it forumers

Silly question

Personally I don't agree with any form of violent coercion, that includes policing. You don't need to brainwash people for them to behave sensibly nor do you have to point a gun at their head, humanity is capable of fair social interaction without intervention. Although I agree that it would be near impossible to adopt such a system at present, society isn't ready for it. Wounds have to be recovered before progress can be made; too bad most wounds seem to be becoming worse.

Here's the problem there always have been, are, and will be people who disagree with you. Also there will always be people who want to stand out and need attention, some of those people might comite criminal acts or other violent acts.

The fact is there will always be some dissagrement, some fight, some action that a person will do that requires some force and words could not be used. Once you realize that you can work to making a world that needs the least of that as possible.

Dheginsea.png

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH