>>[Pixel Art Contest]<< **10m Prize**

Nash

Here's the initial sketch I did for my entry. Posting because I'm not sure I'll be able to finish because I have a lot on my plate right now. I'm having a lot of fun trying out pixellating, because it's a completely new technique for me. I've learned a lot just trying to get photoshop to work properly to be able to work pixel by pixel. I hope everyone has as much fun as I do entering this contest.

tipittrimmeddragon.png

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one amazing sketch. I wish i could draw so freely.

Ditto, about the only thing i've ever drawn that was half-way decent was an eye... and I watched a video on how to draw it the night before and was studying it for hours.lol

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Ditto, about the only thing i've ever drawn that was half-way decent was an eye... and I watched a video on how to draw it the night before and was studying it for hours.lol

So the sketch was not something that you drew? It was something someone had already drawn and you just did same thing?

So the sketch was not something that you drew? It was something someone had already drawn and you just did same thing?

Wrong person? :thumbup:

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

pixelsz.png

;) I think that mine isn't too bad.lol I spent a couple hours and thought, what the heck, enter it!

I don't think that's a pixel.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Yes lol. Did not notice myself.

pixelsz.png

;) I think that mine isn't too bad.lol I spent a couple hours and thought, what the heck, enter it!

I think it is. It looks like a pixel, and i observe pixel signatures very often.

pixelsz.png

I think it is. It looks like a pixel, and i observe pixel signatures very often.

I can see what you mean by the thick lines which aren't 1 shade with the Man in the art for example, but I think that's from the Win7 version of paint where you can change brush size and what not and get weird shady black lines and whatnot, so should be fine :D

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Oh, wow. You can't pixel in paint anymore? ._o That's a bit disappointing.

Still toiling away at my entry.

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

Ah I see. I tried the pencil tool out and it's almost the same. One slight difference is that sometimes when you're drawing a curve on win7, it automatically removes a few pixels to make it smoother. But only if you draw it in one quick motion.

Stole this from Chaos' pixel guide to illustrate what I'm talking about.

lineworkdz8.png

It's hardly noticeable and it doesn't remove all the errant pixels, but interesting nonetheless.

I use Graphics Gale anyhow :)

pixel_sig___new_attempt_by_hawkxs-d3fyvyt.png

I know it's nowhere near perfect shading, but I really like the style. c/c is good.

I really like it, hawkxs. It's very Vincent van Gogh-like. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

pixelsz.png

I can see what you mean by the thick lines which aren't 1 shade with the Man in the art for example, but I think that's from the Win7 version of paint where you can change brush size and what not and get weird shady black lines and whatnot, so should be fine :D

Well, I used Photofiltre for my editing... and I drew the entire thing. idk if EVERYTHING that I did was legal though, like instead of picking and choosing specific colors for each pixel i used the paint can instead and filled it all in. Anyway, what would make it illegal and not a "pixel" drawing? :???:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Question: Can we enter a piece of art that we have worked on prior to this contest?

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

^Pro.

Question: Can we enter a piece of art that we have worked on prior to this contest?

I don't see why not, maybe as long as you haven't posted it elsewhere.

But don't quote me on that =P Let's wait for Cowboy's official word.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

O. M. G. :shock: I'm so jealous of the talent you guys have. :thumbsup:

Old, yours looks like it could have been from one of those old Sierra games from the early 90's.

final2o.png

"Prince Vellum slew the Orcs and saved the village of Tybon Hill."

:shades:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I think this competition is Firing Up.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!! :shades:

Here's my entry. A personal best I think. These things take such a ridiculous amount of time to do. ._.

Haven't decided whether or not I want to resize it for a sig for myself or give it away or something. /shrug!

jQb4A.png

Kudos to C14 for keeping pixelling alive on these forums. I miss the old days when the Gallery was more active.

I might stay a while and make a few more of these this summer if I manage to get faster at it. :P

Edit: Man, I wish I'd done this for the dg themed RS gallery earlier this month, maybe I'll send it in anyways.