Unafraid to bot

Butt_Snakes

This is a reminder that Tip.It strictly enforces all RuneScape rules and admitting to violating them isn't something that we allow. General discussions are okay but stay away from, "Yeah I sold GP for real money and I'd do it again," kind of posts.

I sold gp on runescape for sexual favors while snorting cocaine and I'd do it again, if it weren't for those meddling mods and their ability to hand out bans on a Runescape fansite forum.

But seriously, breaking runescape rules doesnt make you a bad person irl [or support prostitution or drugs or cheating of any kind] and it doesnt encourage trolling on a fansite. Tip.it should give up their stance on this, you are only driving a wedge in your community. It is rather sad that you care more about Jagex rules then Jagex :lol:

Part of being in a close relationship with jagex, staying in the good light of jagex, keeping the site platinum, is abiding by the rules.

The Tip.it forum has enforced the Runescape rules from the very beginning. Jagex only starting coming forward to fan-sites in the last few years, after we had been actively enforcing the rules for many years already. Our rules have never, not in the slightest been effected by Jagex and their status towards fan-sites.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the fact that you recently had a crackdown on rules that weren't heavily enforced previously, I can see why people would assume that Jagex is pressuring Tip.it to be more strict.

You're God damn right I'll put my needs before the needs of a videogame. Anyone who doesn't needs to get their priorities in order.

...So don't play runescape....? People who cheat on a game and try to run businesses off of them obviously care a lot more about RS than casual players like me. I wouldn't take the risk of downloading potential trojans or go through the effort of purchasing a bot or RWT just to enlarge my e-peen on an online video game, but a lot of people on TIF obviously would. If grinding sucks...just don't do it?

Also, I'm pretty sure i could make 25 grand on minimum wage with the time it took people to get lvl 138 and win 6B staking, or do something even more productive. So the whole idea of RWT seems incredibly unprofitable and useless, unless you're in the RWT business with like a billion bots doing work for you. But I seriously doubt any RWT company owner makes more money than any middle class american or person that just graduated from a decent college, considering the selling of virtual goods is a completely unstable and shady industry.

Well that makes you either an idiot, or completely ignorant of how profitable running bots or getting lucky staking + selling is. Likely both.

lololol have fun botting/grinding w/e on runescape to pay off college while i go to college on schoarships/grants kthx.

You're God damn right I'll put my needs before the needs of a videogame. Anyone who doesn't needs to get their priorities in order.

...So don't play runescape....? People who cheat on a game and try to run businesses off of them obviously care a lot more about RS than casual players like me. I wouldn't take the risk of downloading potential trojans or go through the effort of purchasing a bot or RWT just to enlarge my e-peen on an online video game, but a lot of people on TIF obviously would. If grinding sucks...just don't do it?

I think he was making the point that if a quick buck is on the table, and you haven't got millions stashed away whilst employing someone to keep it tax-free at a dodgy bank in Estonia, you take it. Morals (wrong word) Ethics frankly go out of the window for most people unless there's a possibility of criminal liability.

There are people who don't earn $25K a year, you'd be crazy to turn it down.

You can't make 25k a year, and you spent all your time getting maxed/rwting/paying for bots to waste vast amounts of time on runescape? as well as paying membership fees? All to try and make profit on a horribly unstable industry where scammers on both the consumer and the seller are pervasive? Good use of a life.

And the people who aren't affiliated with RWT who bot to get 99 agility just so they can feel good on a video game obviously take the game way more seriously than someone who would just not train agility because it's a boring ass skill, and they don't care enough about the game to take it to that extreme.

I'm not being funny but the rule actually reads:

This includes but is not limited to:

• Discussing how to cheat, hack, or otherwise manipulate the game

You're not seriously saying "I cheated once" is the same as actually helping someone how to do it themselves, are you? Jagex punished them in-game, there's no need for you guys to be acting as their unpaid militia and enforcing rules on here which don't need to be enforced and only serve to kill good debate.

Also, I'm pretty sure i could make 25 grand on minimum wage with the time it took people to get lvl 138 and win 6B staking, or do something even more productive. So the whole idea of RWT seems incredibly unprofitable and useless, unless you're in the RWT business with like a billion bots doing work for you. But I seriously doubt any RWT company owner makes more money than any middle class american or person that just graduated from a decent college, considering the selling of virtual goods is a completely unstable and shady industry.

Well that makes you either an idiot, or completely ignorant of how profitable running bots or getting lucky staking + selling is. Likely both.

lololol have fun botting/grinding w/e on runescape to pay off college while i go to college on schoarships/grants kthx.

Hey, when you don't get into college for being too stupid, i'll need my car washing.

Cheers

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Hey, when you don't get into college for being too stupid, i'll need my car washing.

Cheers

It's the time of year in the US where you've already gotten award notices/accepted into college, but I'll keep that in mind.

Ah see no, I spent many years on RS getting these levels while going to school and working.

I made the equivalent of about $5,000 in 4 days on this game, not in 10 years. That's where you have it wrong.

But there's no reasoning with a self-proclaimed troll, and speaking of rule enforcement, I thought one of the rules was no trolls/trolling. Chop chop, Danq? Or are you too busy man-handling other posts elsewhere?

Ah see no, I spent many years on RS getting these levels while going to school and working.

I made the equivalent of about $5,000 in 4 days on this game, not in 10 years. That's where you have it wrong.

But there's no reasoning with a self-proclaimed troll, and speaking of rule enforcement, I thought one of the rules was no trolls/trolling. Chop chop, Danq? Or are you too busy man-handling other posts elsewhere?

I'm pretty sure the time spent getting the money to go staking/getting stats probably has to be taken into account if you want to equate the amount of money you earn on runescape vs life.

I'm pretty sure the time spent getting the money to go staking/getting stats probably has to be taken into account if you want to equate the amount of money you earn on runescape vs life.

I acquired that money and stats whilst playing normally. But if you really need a breakdown.

you can buy one melee bot for probably 20 bucks, and use that to get 5 accounts to maxed melee in a few weeks, can sell those accounts on various other websites for real cash, use some of that cash to buy gold for a single account and go staking with it, all essentially while you're away from your computer. From there you can melee box and get lucky, or use the gold to get your Magic to 99 with another bot (already paid for due to aforementioned) and mage box.

Or you can be like a friend of my friend's who makes 200m a day by having multiple accounts farming Black Demons for ashes and various other drops, while he's asleep / at school.

So if you want to tell me you can make 150+ dollars/day while you're in high school, then kudos, but most can't.

If you take the risks involved, botting and RWTing can be more profitable then a lot of jobs requiring degrees. And especially since Jagex seems to be turning a blind eye to most of it (As I peer over my friends list filled with unbanned people who have all made hundreds - thousands RWTing), it becomes more and more of an option to consider daily.

I acquired that money and stats whilst playing normally. But if you really need a breakdown.

you can buy one melee bot for probably 20 bucks, and use that to get 5 accounts to maxed melee in a few weeks, can sell those accounts on various other websites for real cash, use some of that cash to buy gold for a single account and go staking with it, all essentially while you're away from your computer. From there you can melee box and get lucky, or use the gold to get your Magic to 99 with another bot (already paid for due to aforementioned) and mage box.

Or you can be like a friend of my friend's who makes 200m a day by having multiple accounts farming Black Demons for ashes and various other drops, while he's asleep / at school.

So if you want to tell me you can make 150 dollars while you're in school, then kudos, but most can't.

If you take the risks involved, botting and RWTing can be more profitable then a lot of jobs requiring degrees. And especially since Jagex seems to be turning a blind eye to most of it (As I peer over my friends list filled with unbanned people who have all made hundreds - thousands RWTing), it becomes more and more of an option to consider daily.

And you say people who are against botting care too much about runescape. LOL. inb4someonescams his precious rsgpees/gets hacked by botting company.

So if you want to tell me you can make 150 dollars while you're in school, then kudos, but most can't.

And you say people who are against botting care too much about runescape. LOL.

I fail to see that as a rebuttal of any shape or form, so I'm going to walk away with my own personal victory, take heed of your forum name, and ignore any further posts made by your stupid ass in an attempt to get a rise out of me. icon_thumbsu.gif

From the looks of it, Ldz could care less if he lost his items/money. It's a game and he knows it.

EDIT: Ldz's above post is a prime example as to why he is my hero.

From the looks of it, Ldz could care less if he lost his items/money. It's a game and he knows it.

Oh I definitely would care, to an extent, it's still time and money (membership fees) that I've invested into something, I wouldn't want it just snatched from me. But I'm not worried about that. I don't break RuneScape rules nor am I promoting it, I'm merely pointing out that it is extremely profitable to do so and I see why others do it. I would much rather a new Mustang over a sense of doing good on a videogame already going down the tubes anyways.

Oh I definitely would care, to an extent, it's still time and money (membership fees) that I've invested into something, I wouldn't want it just snatched from me. But I'm not worried about that. I don't break RuneScape rules nor am I promoting it, I'm merely pointing out that it is extremely profitable to do so and I see why others do it. I would much rather a new Mustang over a sense of doing good on a videogame already going down the tubes anyways.

I was thinking about putting in the part about your time investment, etc in. But it's known, and everyone feels the same. So I figured it wasn't needed.

Nice flame sesh you two, tip.it needs to make botting topics illegal. Tired of seeing a new "Bot" this "macro" that topic everyday.

Then ignore them, leave the thread, and take your post that adds nothing to the discussion with you.

If this is what wants to be discussed on general discussion, then who are you to say not to discuss it?

Nice flame sesh you two, tip.it needs to make botting topics illegal. Tired of seeing a new "Bot" this "macro" that topic everyday.

Then ignore them, leave the thread, and take your post that adds nothing to the discussion with you.

If this is what wants to be discussed on general discussion, then who are you to say not to discuss it?

What i'm getting on about is why do we need 10 different threads on the first page of gen discussion? If your gonna talk about others botting, just choose one thread. Problem is all these people who create these threads think they have a new, idea or theory, when it is just [developmentally delayed]ed speculation that the majority doesn't care about.

patr1ckotg1.png

I fail to see that as a rebuttal of any shape or form, so I'm going to walk away with my own personal victory, take heed of your forum name, and ignore any further posts made by your stupid ass in an attempt to get a rise out of me. icon_thumbsu.gif

But log, i just wanted to inflate your internetz ethug/e-dealer e-peen 4 u.

But hey, it's just runescape. Don't take the game too seriously broski.

I'm confused. If anything, it's the people who don't actually care about RS that bot it.

Those who take it seriously (presumably) want to play it - despite the grinding nature.

Plus, botting can be extremely profitable (especially if you have a few computers/a decent internet provider.

Just look at all the bots at the blue dragon dungeon in the Taverley resource dungeon (there's at least 3-4 per world at ALL times of the day.

95% of them have the same gear/similar names. I'm sure that many of these are owned by one person/company/whatever these botting groups are called these days.

If you think about it - it's probably not hard at all to make one mill in three hours on a bot. If you have a couple of computers - that can easily add up.

I wouldn't bot because for me, runescape is a game and it's something to do when I'm relaxing from a long day at school.

THAT being said, if I were to get paid for running a program on my computer and just leaving it on - I would probably say yes.

capt%20kevin.png

What i'm getting on about is why do we need 10 different threads on the first page of gen discussion? If your gonna talk about others botting, just choose one thread. Problem is all these people who create these threads think they have a new, idea or theory, when it is just [developmentally delayed]ed speculation that the majority doesn't care about.

Right, I get that, but if the majority of people didn't care about these issues, there wouldn't be threads all with multiple pages about them. There are subdivisions of each subject that all necessitate different threads for each one. Sorry that you don't like that fact, but tough cookies, babe

[hide]

I fail to see that as a rebuttal of any shape or form, so I'm going to walk away with my own personal victory, take heed of your forum name, and ignore any further posts made by your stupid ass in an attempt to get a rise out of me. icon_thumbsu.gif[/hide]

I put that guy on ignore a few months ago. He's one of those "stereotypical e-thug PKers" who returned with the Wildy update, so reasoning with him is a waste of time.

td2sig.jpg

I'm confused. If anything, it's the people who don't actually care about RS that bot it.

Those who take it seriously (presumably) want to play it - despite the grinding nature.

Plus, botting can be extremely profitable (especially if you have a few computers/a decent internet provider.

Just look at all the bots at the blue dragon dungeon in the Taverley resource dungeon (there's at least 3-4 per world at ALL times of the day.

95% of them have the same gear/similar names. I'm sure that many of these are owned by one person/company/whatever these botting groups are called these days.

If you think about it - it's probably not hard at all to make one mill in three hours on a bot. If you have a couple of computers - that can easily add up.

I wouldn't bot because for me, runescape is a game and it's something to do when I'm relaxing from a long day at school.

THAT being said, if I were to get paid for running a program on my computer and just leaving it on - I would probably say yes.

Yes, I know a guy who runs 200 accounts on virtual systems, solely for the purpose of gold. Why do you think their are rwting sites? Would there not be if it wasn't a viable option for making money? And all you really have to do is activate a bot, and let it run on it's on, barely any interaction is involved.

patr1ckotg1.png

It's funny how many people want to play mod.

It's not harming anybody and if the mods want to consolidate these threads - then it's going to be consolidated.

Nobody's choosing you to read these threads - if it's been said, skip it and read a different thread.

This is a forum and undoubtedly, you're going to get many players who would rather start a new topic rather then search up older ones and add to it.

Just look at the H&A for example. 99% of these threads can be either:

a.) answered w/ a quick google

b.) answered through simple knowledge/calculations

c.) answered by searching up a past thread

It's not going to change no matter what people say :(

capt%20kevin.png

It's funny how many people want to play mod.

It's not harming anybody and if the mods want to consolidate these threads - then it's going to be consolidated.

Nobody's choosing you to read these threads - if it's been said, skip it and read a different thread.

This is a forum and undoubtedly, you're going to get many players who would rather start a new topic rather then search up older ones and add to it.

Just look at the H&A for example. 99% of these threads can be either:

a.) answered w/ a quick google

b.) answered through simple knowledge/calculations

c.) answered by searching up a past thread

It's not going to change no matter what people say :(

Not trying to play mod, just an opinion of an annoyed tip.it user.

patr1ckotg1.png

Yes, I know a guy who runs 200 accounts on virtual systems, solely for the purpose of gold. Why do you think their are rwting sites? Would there not be if it wasn't a viable option for making money? And all you really have to do is activate a bot, and let it run on it's on, barely any interaction is involved.

Because people who don't bot are generally people who don't feel pressured to grind to 99, and thus don't feel the need to bot. The person that bots to 99 agililty obviously wants 99 agility more than the person who just doesn't train agility because he CBA to do it and doesn't play for 99s, because for some reason the botter feels the need to have 99 agility on the account.

If the person doesn't care about playing the game, why would he even be botting it? Only explanation is that there is some external reason for having 99 agility, or the person has some insatiable addiction to RS that he can't be comfortable unless he is constantly gaining those crucial expees.