Unafraid to bot

Butt_Snakes

oh, and wait until you hear this one, it would also diter people from just camping a monster for profit and people would have to change up their tasks, and wait for it, HAVE FUN, instead of just caring about gp/hr and efficiency......

oh wait the efficiency police wont like that idea

thegame1431.png

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that better or worse then having bots ruin your exp, kill rate and profit, by flooding the market with frost bones?

So the solution is to be able to kill 200 of them after spending a few hours doing other slayer tasks that you'd rather not do? That would ruin your exp, kill rate, and profit if all you want is to kill frosts.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

They should change the frost dragon req too 99 dg/138 combat

Is that to make frost bones more rare or to stop botters? because plenty of players with 138 cb and 99 dungeoneering bot. :thumbdown:

Kk also make it so you must have a max/completion cape equipped to enter

372nd to max total level

Is that to make frost bones more rare or to stop botters? because plenty of players with 138 cb and 99 dungeoneering bot. :thumbdown:

Frost dragons are worthless to people with completion capes, as they are already ludicrously rich to begin with.

td2sig.jpg

completionist cape is for noobs... trimmed completionist or gtfo

[hide]

[/hide]

that and I have never heard an adult use the word "derp" only a dumb kid would say that

Don't stereotype. Derp isn't always meant as an insult. I used "Derp" in that context as a, "Duh." kind of thing. Now before you go calling people 'kids' because of the words they use, make sure you know them first. LTK actually knows me, and I'm glad he defended me.

@LTK: Thanks babe. You are winnrar.

I'm pretty sure the time spent getting the money to go staking/getting stats probably has to be taken into account if you want to equate the amount of money you earn on runescape vs life.

Staking is no different than gambling. It's basically gambling real money for the traders out there. And as far as getting stats... what time? The 30 seconds it probably takes a bot user to load up their client and click run? If you're "bot farming" there is what we could call an initial investment. That is, the time required to set everything up plus the money required to buy more computer hardware and/or rent virtual space to run bots on. Once you're up on running the goal is have it all pay back the initial investment for you, and then anything after that is pure profit. I have no idea how easy or difficult this is to do, but I'd wager this is pretty easy compared to what it used to be considering Jagex just doesn't seem to care anymore.

I was referring to stakers who were RWT with their profits, not botters. Although I'm sure a ton of the really rich stakers probably botted their stats too.

Not really relevant, but I also never understood how you could earn a profit staking, 2 maxed players doing any form of staking, especially boxing should result in no profit statistically. I'd only ever imagine some sick pure ever consistently profiting off of staking.

With staking, you've got to know when to fold them, know when to hold them, know when to walk away, know when to run. You have to build your account for staking and make sure you get the first hit in.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I think it is amusing how often the words "kid" and "son" are thrown around in this game, when the vast majority of people playing it fit the bill as "kids" themselves. Until you can legally drink alcohol, you're still a kid.

td2sig.jpg

oh, and wait until you hear this one, it would also diter people from just camping a monster for profit and people would have to change up their tasks, and wait for it, HAVE FUN, instead of just caring about gp/hr and efficiency......

oh wait the efficiency police wont like that idea

Oh, and btw, fun is subjective not objective. Some people like to camp a place for a while and be efficient. There goes another of your claims...

[hide]

[/hide]

I'm pretty sure the time spent getting the money to go staking/getting stats probably has to be taken into account if you want to equate the amount of money you earn on runescape vs life.

Staking is no different than gambling. It's basically gambling real money for the traders out there. And as far as getting stats... what time? The 30 seconds it probably takes a bot user to load up their client and click run? If you're "bot farming" there is what we could call an initial investment. That is, the time required to set everything up plus the money required to buy more computer hardware and/or rent virtual space to run bots on. Once you're up on running the goal is have it all pay back the initial investment for you, and then anything after that is pure profit. I have no idea how easy or difficult this is to do, but I'd wager this is pretty easy compared to what it used to be considering Jagex just doesn't seem to care anymore.

I was referring to stakers who were RWT with their profits, not botters. Although I'm sure a ton of the really rich stakers probably botted their stats too.

Not really relevant, but I also never understood how you could earn a profit staking, 2 maxed players doing any form of staking, especially boxing should result in no profit statistically. I'd only ever imagine some sick pure ever consistently profiting off of staking.

With staking, you've got to know when to fold them, know when to hold them, know when to walk away, know when to run. You have to build your account for staking and make sure you get the first hit in.

All you need is gp and a good internet connection and then you're a pro staker, the rest is all luck

372nd to max total level

You also have to think about the other implications of ruining frost dragons for campers-

1) They are one of the best moneymakers in the game, and if they are made uncampable, that will just mean more people at other crowded areas like GWD and TDs.

2) It would mean more bots at other areas, since the FD bots would move somewhere else.

td2sig.jpg

Jagex should take all the money makers out of the game (so if you try to catch a chin it wouldn't work etc) for a month so the bots will leave then open them up again free of bots

Better yet they should take away free trade, that will stop the bots!....wait a second

LMAO

[hide]

[/hide]

Frost dragon bots have a high ban rate so just keep reporting them :thumbup:

Jagex doesn't ban bots silly

^. :shades:

^. ;)

EDIT: P.S. DERP! Son! Kid! [insert other term thrown around in this thread that is annoying and over used]

EDIT2: P.S. I can use those terms because I am of legal drinking age and therefore not a Kid, Son, or Derp. Derp!

that and I have never heard an adult use the word "derp" only a dumb kid would say that

Don't stereotype. Derp isn't always meant as an insult. I used "Derp" in that context as a, "Duh." kind of thing. Now before you go calling people 'kids' because of the words they use, make sure you know them first. LTK actually knows me, and I'm glad he defended me.

Whether you meant it as an insult or to say Duh, again, I have never heard an adult use that word..... I can only imagine a VP or CFO in a board meeting say something incorreclty and say derp.....

thegame1431.png

Whether you meant it as an insult or to say Duh, again, I have never heard an adult use that word..... I can only imagine a VP or CFO in a board meeting say something incorreclty and say derp.....

We are on the internet, so your comparison is irrelevant. I can only imagine a VP or CFO in a board meeting call another person a stupid 12-14 year old.

[hide]

[/hide]

The maturity on this thread was fantastic to start out with but seems to be going downhill. 2 Months ago the users who are "wanting to talk freely about botting" asked that we become stricter on rule breaking admittance, and now that it's the case, they are complaining about the rule that THEY wanted. :rolleyes:

"OMG mods suck!" comments are ridiculous, they are just enforcing the rules. Rules that were requested by the community. To get on there backs because of it is one of the most childish things I have seen. Grow up.

The staff made changes before, if you wanted rules to be changed, the link to the feedback thread has been posted a few times. Use it.

Also, the whole avatar thing? Little kids stamping you feet much?

A little more on topic, this thread is very interesting. I read some of the bot/hacking forums when I was an admin as there where connections to people pm'ing the staff for information and it amazes me how many people bot, not just to play but to make rl money. People making a Billion Gp or more every few months from running bot farms blows my mind. I voted no on free trade as this is what would "kill rs" before and what will "kill rs" now.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

and that is why I voted no to free trade, but you had too many of these pk'ers who think pking is fun, cause you get to annoy people you dont know and they all voted for free trade...

but the more interesting argument is to actually debate whether jagex cares more about profit (paying members) or the integrity of its content.....

Edited by Kimberly
Please refrain from double posting. In the General Discussion forum it is unnecessary. :)
thegame1431.png

cause you get to annoy people you dont know and they all voted for free trade...

And you've insulted people on this forum you don't know...

[hide]

[/hide]

only if those people are insulted by someone factually calling out their factual age.....

Because you know their age right?

[hide]

[/hide]