Unafraid to bot

Butt_Snakes

Anywhere up to an entire 30-50% of the population playing at any given time are bots

if only half the population of players have a supportive attitude for Jagex there's definitely a problem.

If your statistics are right, then there is full support for jagex because the other half of the population is bots :thumbsup:

Unless the half that support them are bots :rolleyes:

No. The bots are too busy getting herbs at SG to waste time voting for supporting Jagex.

Free Rune Plate.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anywhere up to an entire 30-50% of the population playing at any given time are bots

if only half the population of players have a supportive attitude for Jagex there's definitely a problem.

If your statistics are right, then there is full support for jagex because the other half of the population is bots :thumbsup:

Unless the half that support them are bots :rolleyes:

No. The bots are too busy getting herbs at SG to waste time voting for supporting Jagex.

Free Rune Plate.

Winrar

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

^ That reminded me of this oooooooooooold video on youtube. Basically the first RSMV, it was pretty awesome.

EDIT: Lol hey someone posted it!!!!

I believe the original got taken down because Youtube is so butthurt over copyright crap, but someone else was kind enough to re-host it. :thumbsup:

td2sig.jpg

People bot because it gives them an advantage. Plain and simple.

The only reason they're able to thrive is because of the ease of botting in RuneScape. If there's more ease, then there's more of an ability to bot. Therefore, more bots.

j0xPu5R.png

You're comparing a job over the summer to a hobby in RuneScape? What the hell...

I meant fulltime job - after you get your degree or whatever.

And it's very much comparable, it's just that in Runescape you don't get paid for it, unless you RWT...

FFS Runescape is not a job. What world do you live in? Get out and get yourself a summer job or something, go explore the world. Games and jobs aren't even remotely comparable. And if you get yourself a fulltime job with a degree it's probably not one of the crappy repetitive jobs you get for summer.

I mean seriously. Using the repetitive grinding of Runescape to "train" for jobs later? That's the most deluded anti-bot argument I've ever read in my whole life.

Nice explanation on why i'm deluded. And that really is all there is to it, the only other exception is people who hate grinding, still care about the game too much, and still train it normally. Or people that love grinding and do it.

So the order is: people that for some reason love grinding>normal players>botters>people that hate grinding and still do it.

People who hate grinding : 99% of Runescape. Most people who grind all skills to 99 do it for the "competition". There's no competition though, this is all about who plays the most, not about who's the best.

I'd rather see it as:

Normal players who enjoy all the content > botters > no-lifers

signaturemw.png

People who hate grinding : 99% of Runescape.

There are quite a few people on TIF that are part of that 1%, including myself. (Real life still > Runescape though.)

Don't make the assumption that grinding = automatic dislike.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

There are quite a few people on TIF that are part of that 1%, including myself. (Real life still > Runescape though.)

Don't make the assumption that grinding = automatic dislike.

How can you like grinding? You loose time irl for a game?

If you like grinding to any extent then you like all grinding.

And i bet you the worlds money that if i was in charge of Runescape, i would make you grind til your lungs goes defect because you screamed for a year "I hategrinding!!!!!!!!!!!!".

People who dislike grinding come back to Runescape because they are addicted to Runescape. It's not because:

OMFG! Jagex released a Pink cape with a Golden Dragon emote! It shall be mine in a year! Horray to Grinding!

I like grinding because of the things that happen while during the process of grinding (meeting other skillers, messing up bots, etc). All while having a good time with friends/clan chats. And of course the rewarding stuff that comes during the process of grinding, as well as the reward after all that, hence the making of goals & achievements.

For me, it's a way to chillax when there's absolutely nothing for me to do. Why people take this objectively is a mystery to me.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I like grinding because of the things that happen while during the process of grinding (meeting other skillers, messing up bots, etc). All while having a good time with friends/clan chats. And of course the rewarding stuff that comes during the process of grinding, as well as the reward after all that, hence the making of goals & achievements.

For me, it's a way to chillax when there's absolutely nothing for me to do. Why people take this objectively is a mystery to me.

Then is it fair for non-skillers to be indirectly forced to grind for Completionist cape (untrimmed) for it's stats for combat stiatuions when the only skills you should finish are:

99 Slayer/Combat and 120 Dungeoneering + Combat activities (Champion's challenge).

Also:

You can meet other skillers and have fun with your clan without grinding

You can mess bots up without grinding

Your a skiller

I am what i would like to call for a "Forced skiller". I leveled my skills to 80+ ONLY because Jagex have made combat items and spots relay on non-combat skills.

Anyhow my point is: Because Jagex has done so, it gives players who love to have the best equipment to just go along and grind non-combat skills. Even though achieveable, finishing most challenges in game only for a cape that gives the best stats? That's a fail path.

Why is it that people like you only achieve goals for the reward? To me, the purpose of going for a goal is because I want to go for it, not because there's a cape that I inevitably won't get anyway (f2pers don't get these capes firstly).

And again, not every achievement should be easy, hence not everyone should be able to access the cape. Not willing to commit hours of skilling to 99? You're out.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Why is it that people like you only achieve goals for the reward?

If it's not the setting of goals or wanting of rewards (both are congruous as far as I'm concerned so stop using weasel words to distance yourself), are we to believe there is anything inherently enjoyable about clicking on a tree and waiting for a log to appear? In fact, not even that for Ivy.

There is a short-term thrill that comes from exploration and the discovery of something new but that wears off very quickly. The reinforcer comes in the form of hiscores, achievement capes and completely cynical "skills reqs" for minigames and quests.

Why is it that people like you only achieve goals for the reward? To me, the purpose of going for a goal is because I want to go for it, not because there's a cape that I inevitably won't get anyway (f2pers don't get these capes firstly).

And again, not every achievement should be easy, hence not everyone should be able to access the cape. Not willing to commit hours of skilling to 99? You're out.

I am not all about reward. But monster hunting demands the best items in the game. And i want to "Perfect" my character's equipment. Because i want to wreck monsters because i find that fun. I find the new milestone capes (40-99) boring. Yes, even the max cape. I also find the trimmed Comp cape boring as well. For a player who likes combat in Runescape, it's mostly about stats. But i guess it's hard for you to see it from my perspective considering your a skiller.

P.S I am very excited to see how Zaros and Elf storyline develops. Am i still all about rewards?

All games are a "waste" of time. :P

I am what i would like to call for a "Forced skiller". I leveled my skills to 80+ ONLY because Jagex have made combat items and spots relay on non-combat skills.

Anyhow my point is: Because Jagex has done so, it gives players who love to have the best equipment to just go along and grind non-combat skills. Even though achieveable, finishing most challenges in game only for a cape that gives the best stats? That's a fail path.

Yes, giving the best stats to the most difficult to get items is wrong. Someone who has completed everything should get something a level 50 would wear. Give the average level players at around 110-120 all the elite items, they're obviously the ones who have spent the most time training.

But monster hunting demands the best items in the game. And i want to "Perfect" my character's equipment. Because i want to wreck monsters because i find that fun. I find the new milestone capes (40-99) boring. Yes, even the max cape. I also find the trimmed Comp cape boring as well. For a player who likes combat in Runescape, it's mostly about stats. But i guess it's hard for you to see it from my perspective considering your a skiller.

Monster hunting was fine before this cape was released, and it is fine with it. You aren't required to have the cape to kill anything. I doubt you would even notice a difference with the cape. It's not like it gives 25+ more in all attack bonuses or 50+ more defence then the previous best cape. If you don't have torva or pernix, you should focus more on those then this cape. You'll notice way more by changing to those compared to changing a cape.

Oh and don't call me a skiller as well. If I were a skiller, I would hardly have any of my combat stats. I'm a Completionist Player.

to ruin a friendship just because someone is smart enough to not waste their day grinding skills (sadly, I'm not that smart), is completely moronic and funny at the same time. people take this game way too f***ing seriously.

I've got plenty of friends who bot, plenty more who RWT, and quite a few of you would know who these people are. You really just need to get over it. not even jagex cares anymore.

Back when I was a kid, pretty much everyone had a Nintendo 64, and in turn almost all of them had action replays. Cheating in a single player game was fine, mostly because it extended the enjoyment of the game. Unlimited health and unlimited bazooka ammo in Army Men = Rampaging until the game actually crashed. We all understood that when people got together to play games like Mario Party, that the action replay was removed, and everyone played fair. You didn't use a cheat to give yourself stars, you got the 50 coins and used Boo to steal it from someone. Sure the "I will punch you in the god damn mouth if you steal my star," was thrown around, but ultimately everyone had fun. If you tried entering in button-combo cheats, printing Pokemon cards to use against other people, or upturning the chess board.

Short and simply: If you want to cheat at cards, grab a deck and go play Solitaire by yourself so you can look at the face down cards, nobody cares. Just don't sit at the poker table with those of us who know how to play a proper game.

And as for the "it's just a game," that was exactly why you didn't cheat in my neighborhood. Because if you got that invested in a game that you needed to cheat to get ahead of other players, you direly needed to put the controller down, go outside, and find something better to do with your life. Putting an action replay into Pokemon to get 99 master balls may get you Mewtwo, but you'd still be regarded as the kid who didn't have the capacity to play a game with a d-pad and two buttons.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

All games are a "waste" of time. :P

Yes, giving the best stats to the most difficult to get items is wrong. Someone who has completed everything should get something a level 50 would wear. Give the average level players at around 110-120 all the elite items, they're obviously the ones who have spent the most time training.

But monster hunting demands the best items in the game. And i want to "Perfect" my character's equipment. Because i want to wreck monsters because i find that fun. I find the new milestone capes (40-99) boring. Yes, even the max cape. I also find the trimmed Comp cape boring as well. For a player who likes combat in Runescape, it's mostly about stats. But i guess it's hard for you to see it from my perspective considering your a skiller.

Monster hunting was fine before this cape was released, and it is fine with it. You aren't required to have the cape to kill anything. I doubt you would even notice a difference with the cape. It's not like it gives 25+ more in all attack bonuses or 50+ more defence then the previous best cape. If you don't have torva or pernix, you should focus more on those then this cape. You'll notice way more by changing to those compared to changing a cape.

Oh and don't call me a skiller as well. If I were a skiller, I would hardly have any of my combat stats. I'm a Completionist Player.

Yes, all games are a waste. I am just saying Jagex should go the path of classes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giving combat stats to a item that requires non-combat skills is wrong. People should not do skills they don't do just because of a item or monster. And i did not say that a level 50 player should get Comp cape, but what i said was that to get the Comp cape you should only need Combat related skills and activities:

120 Dungeoneering, 99 Slayer and Combat, Champion's guild challenge etc. All of this takes time and effort and is not a easy task. So if anyone has said a level 50 should achieve Comp cape without any effort, it is YOU.

Monster hunting will be better if you have great items. And that is why i want that cape, but i don't find it fair that i have to get 99 in all non-combat skills for a Combat cape. As for Pernix and Torva, i am well aware of them.

From my encounter with the term "skiller" it has become a word for a player who works on all skills. So just because you have 138 Combat it does not mean your not a skiller. And nice that you got a new name for skillers, but it's just that, a new name for skillers.

Point being: Someone who mostly skills or completes Runescape tasks should not represent Combat. Because Combat is path many players take. And it's not just general Slaying. And because Runescape Combat is attatched to non-combat skills Runescape have become a bad grind game. I had a friend who went with his clan to PK instead of joining me to Corporeal beast. That makes him the class "PK-er". If you complete tasks you can call yourself "Completionist player", but hell no if your class is "Monster hunter"/Combat classes.

Classes suck and not having them are one of the reasons I enjoy runescape. Go play a different game.

I never said you should be restricted from doing other skills. But i think Combat should not relay on non-combat skills for Quests. So i am suggesting that Quests and Diaries should not give Combat items or monster spots as rewards. Also i haven't played Runescape in a while now.

Giving combat stats to a item that requires non-combat skills is wrong. People should not do skills they don't do just because of a item or monster. And i did not say that a level 50 player should get Comp cape, but what i said was that to get the Comp cape you should only need Combat related skills and activities:

120 Dungeoneering, 99 Slayer and Combat, Champion's guild challenge etc. All of this takes time and effort and is not a easy task. So if anyone has said a level 50 should achieve Comp cape without any effort, it is YOU.

Monster hunting will be better if you have great items. And that is why i want that cape, but i don't find it fair that i have to get 99 in all non-combat skills for a Combat cape. As for Pernix and Torva, i am well aware of them.

From my encounter with the term "skiller" it has become a word for a player who works on all skills. So just because you have 138 Combat it does not mean your not a skiller. And nice that you got a new name for skillers, but it's just that, a new name for skillers.

Point being: Someone who mostly skills or completes Runescape tasks should not represent Combat. Because Combat is path many players take. And it's not just general Slaying. And because Runescape Combat is attatched to non-combat skills Runescape have become a bad grind game.

I don't get why you want to segregate combat and skills so much. I like Runescape because it doesn't have classes which do exactly this. Games with classes require you to miss out on developed content or make more accounts to experience the entire game.

I also never said level 50's should get the best items, I said it makes no sense to give the most elite players the same items as a level 50 could get, but with a lot less work. Time-wise, you're better off not getting the cape if your pure intention for it is boss hunting or the stats. The bonuses are hardly amazing enough to make up for the time spent getting the cape.

A skiller would be a person who prefers to train non-combat skills above combat skills. I like both equally. I was a skiller before, but I enjoy doing pretty much everything. Unsafe PvP being the one thing I can think of not enjoying, because I haven't ever done it with the intention of doing it successfully.

Very simple: all skills are now combat skills. They are not all allowed to affect combat /problem.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Ok I know that there are some higher levels that bot for levels but after thinking about the following I think it is ridiculous to think that the majority of bots are running for levels. I will let the following assumptions speak for themselves.

I have no idea what the current going rate of gold is on the black market or whatever it is that RSGP is sold. The following will be conducted using ASSUMPTIONS made by me. If the assumptions are wrong, focus on the point and not the example. This is just to show you what might motivate botters.

My assumptions are going to be that RSGP can be sold to RWT sites for $.50 (50 cents) per million. I am thinking that I am low balling it intentionally to show a point (because I have heard that it goes for about $1/million on the sites so I think it is safe to say that they pay half of what they sell it for. Again THESE ARE ASSUMPTIONS AND NOT THE POINT I AM MAKING.

Now let us also assume that the bot is doing several activities that range in gp/h for calculation purposes. One bot will be making 50k/h, another will make 100k, another at 250k, and lastly a bot will be making 1m/h. We are going to also assume that each bot runs for 20 hours a day allotting for down time for whatever reason.

The first bot, making 50k/h brings in 1m/day. That is worth a whopping 50 cents. Over the course of a 30 day month, players would see an income of $15. That is enough money to pay for members on nearly 3 accounts.

The second bot, making 100k/h would double that income and make a total of $30 a month adding up to $360/year.

The third bot, making 250k/hour would make 5m/day or $2.50/day. That is a smooth $75/month.

And the last bot, making 1m/h brings in a whopping 20m/day which using our assumptions is a nice $10/day or $300/month.

This is money made for practically nothing. Let us go ahead and assume that you have to pay for a bot. Now again I am not sure what they cost and CBA to go look it up. I am going to say that the bot that kills green dragons costs $20. I am pretty sure that green dragons can easily make 250k/h as 250k/(4k/bone) = 63 dragons/h. As I have read several times in this thread that bots are pretty intuiative, I am going to assume that 63 dragons is no problem, I mean that is 3 bank trips/h. If this is possible (and I am sure it is) then the person who used the bot would make their money back in 9 days max even accounting for the time it took for the bot to get high enough level to fight green dragons, and we all know that a character can achieve high enough combat in order to kill greens fairly quickly.

That gives the bot another 21 days to make strict profit. Then profit forever (unless there are monthly costs but I have no idea). Now let us look at some more possibilities:

If the botter has access to more than one computer or if multiple bots can be run on one machine then they can multiply their profits. Using the case of 250k/h let us imagine that the 'bot farm' has a total of 10 bots running 20 hours a day. That is $25/day and $750/month.

If they could make 1m/hour then they could make $3000/month which is more than me after taxes are taken out. That is equivalent to a job where the person makes 18.75/h and has to actually work for it. Botting takes no work, needs no degree and can be done by anyone. Want to know why people bot? Money. Levels are irrelevant. That argument only comes from those that actually care about the game or are projecting the fact that they would bot for levels on other people. If I botted it would be for cash.

For giggles I went ahead and did calculations for a bot that was collecting frost dragon bones. I have heard that they CAN make around 3m gold per hour. If that bot ran for 23 hours a day for a 30 day month the botter would make $2070/month on one account. Now go ahead and do the math on 10 of those accounts doing the same thing. I got $20,700/month. Yeah I am nearly positive that the majority of botters are in it for the money.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png