So my kid was banned!

DiRtYDeViL

All I have to say is consider this:

Would you rather your child got turned off of online gaming because of this incident,

OR

Becomes one of those people that does nothing with their lives but play games (like me)

Believe me, I may know very little about parenting but I know plenty about throwing your life a way to gaming, she is much better off without Runescape.

Just my opinion though.

Snowjoke.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is consider this:

Would you rather your child got turned off of online gaming because of this incident,

OR

Becomes one of those people that does nothing with their lives but play games (like me)

Believe me, I may know very little about parenting but I know plenty about throwing your life a way to gaming, she is much better off without Runescape.

Just my opinion though.

I agree

read a few posts.

Feel bad for your chillins bro. l2parent

OT: It's runescape and i'm probably being trolled by you as this is some elaborate scheme to get your account unbanned.

4e0Vn.png

When I was 6 I already knew things about the computer my dad didn't, take that to an age of 10 and they could know a lot more (provided they did start with playing on a computer on a young age), even if she didn't know she could have friends (or a brother?) who did.

If she really didn't do it there still could be a few things why it has happened:

She shares her account with someone else (a schoolfriend) who did it.

Your computer or an other computer she plays on has a trojan horse or a keylogger, which used her account to bot.

Someone had contacted her in game to try getting her pass (someone doing like he is a jmod) she got scared and gave her pass thinking it was the right thing to do.

The chance that it is Jagex fault for banning someone who didn't bot for botting is so small that you shouldn't be considering it jagex fault.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Jar files good point that would circumvent the domain policy I have in place I bet. I didn't even think of that! Anything else I should look for?

I did check my squid logs for any sites related to cheating but didn't find anything maybe I need to look closer for open web proxies.

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments, the ones that are anyway.

Dirtydevil.png

I don't know why, but OP reminded me of this:

Read the whole thread and then watched this video. Rofl'd irl for a few seconds...

*scratches head*

What was I gonna respond to this thread with originally? #-o

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

1. Why so angry?

2. You should really check your history, make sure your family member hasn't downloaded everything. Kids do lie.

3. The Runescape official forums would probably be better for this, you should post it in the account help section.

4. It's usually only a two week ban, so it wouldn't hurt anyone to take a two week break.

:)

EDIT: If you're worried about your children talking to the wrong people, why not have them stay in quick chat worlds only?

1. Cause I'm a parent

2. she doesn't know how

3. not really it's all crap and spam

4. true but she's 10 and been crying about all day. I mean honestly her account is [cabbage].

1. Ok

2. She's 10 and has access to computers. I bet she knows a hell of a lot more about the computer/internet than you think she does. When I was 10, I knew how to disable the parental lock [cabbage] my parents would put on my computer to prevent downloads, and on my TV to prevent R rated movies.

3. May be spam, but they have one thing there we don't have here. J Mods monitering the forums and what not. They might see your post and chat with you about what happened and why the account was banned if you just explain you're just a concerned and caring parent.

4. You just called your 10 year old daughter's account "[cabbage]". What did I just say about convincing the J Mods that you were caring?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

1. Why so angry?

2. You should really check your history, make sure your family member hasn't downloaded everything. Kids do lie.

3. The Runescape official forums would probably be better for this, you should post it in the account help section.

4. It's usually only a two week ban, so it wouldn't hurt anyone to take a two week break.

:)

EDIT: If you're worried about your children talking to the wrong people, why not have them stay in quick chat worlds only?

1. Cause I'm a parent

2. she doesn't know how

3. not really it's all crap and spam

4. true but she's 10 and been crying about all day. I mean honestly her account is [cabbage].

1. Tell Jagex about this.

2. Kids now a lot more than we think. How do you think sexual predators get pictures of 10 year olds through message boards? Kids act innocent because they know their parents will believe them.

3. Forums is crap, email jagex.

4. Appeal the ban.

It makes me feel old when I can tell which posters have children and which are still children themselves just by the attitude they take to a topic like this. If DirtyDevil is as old of a player as I think I remember, he was probably a kid when he started playing (as was I). Fast forward ten years and now we're in the position of guardians wanting to share with our children the joys of our childhood, while still protecting them from the evils of the world. It isn't an easy balance to strike and I don't think most people understand it until they are in the position themselves.

26226725.jpg

It makes me feel old when I can tell which posters have children and which are still children themselves just by the attitude they take to a topic like this. If DirtyDevil is as old of a player as I think I remember, he was probably a kid when he started playing (as was I). Fast forward ten years and now we're in the position of guardians wanting to share with our children the joys of our childhood, while still protecting them from the evils of the world. It isn't an easy balance to strike and I don't think most people understand it until they are in the position themselves.

Agreed. :thumbup:

Newbs both in RS and IRL :D, if they don't remember DD and think he's "trolling".

Hope you get it sorted mate and don't mind some of the people posting. Posts like these attract them like flies to a turd.

Letting your child on the computer without permission to do anything is like letting someone smell triple chocolate fudge cake but not eat it. For this, you lose my respect sir.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Letting your child on the computer without permission to do anything is like letting someone smell triple chocolate fudge cake but not eat it. For this, you lose my respect sir.

I never knew having your respect in the first place meant anything, but ok.

PS: sip.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

It doesn't matter if it's your kid, or Barack Obama.

If Jagex bans someone for botting, they usually, 99% of the time, have done something duplicitous.

You as a parent have the responsibility to teach your child that actions have consequences, and it is clear from the circumstances that he has found some sort of a way to circumvent your system and macro.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

[bleep] theres some Jagex hugging brats on this forum. OP has had a legit rant, and our response should be, ah that sucks man, and offer advice. Not put him down, make assumtions about his parenting and choices, that's pathetic. Don't just assume Jagex is in the right, they literally have no way of detecting bots, it's out of their control.

Bunch of kids, [bleep] off out of these forums please, you make me sick.

Bad news about the ban mate :( Maybe get her to create a new account and communicate online / go to quick chat worlds. I'd more than likely guess this has been a very unlucky 1 off and shouldn't happen again. Jagex bot detection system is pathetic, and their custom support system is worse still.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

[bleep] theres some Jagex hugging brats on this forum. OP has had a legit rant, and our response should be, ah that sucks man, and offer advice. Not put him down, make assumtions about his parenting and choices, that's pathetic. Don't just assume Jagex is in the right, they literally have no way of detecting bots, it's out of their control.

Bad news about the ban mate :( Maybe get her to create a new account and communicate online / go to quick chat worlds. I'd more than likely guess this has been a very unlucky 1 off and shouldn't happen again. Jagex bot detection system is pathetic, and their custom support system is worse still.

Okay.

I'm going to have to ask you to settle down.

Just as you hate "Jagex hugging brats," I equally hate people who seem to think it's edgy and cool to criticize Jagex for everything that they do and to basically discount any of their efforts whatsoever, because that's the flavour of the month.

Any system's first priority is to stop false positives from occuring. I'm sure Jagex would rather leave 10 bots unbanned than ban 1 legitimate player falsely. I know a LOT of people in this game, and not ONCE have I heard of anyone getting legitimately falsely banned at all. A sample space of one, unconfirmed example isn't enough to just start yelling "FU FU JAMFLAX OMFG STOP BANNING LEGIT PLAYERS YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!"

And the comments made about the parenting wasn't about the ban - it was about the fact that, as a parent, OP obviously has no trust in their children because they went all net-nanny on their 10 year old, instead of taking the time to try and explain to their child what is right or wrong to do on the internet, and to let them apply this knowledge themselves. Using this cavalier approach of just trying to ban them from running any executable files will just cause their children to question why these restrictions are in place, and hence, try to find a way around them - it's human nature.

Also, if the child is 10 years old, they really shouldn't be playing the game, unless under adult supervision. An internet blocking device is just a plain lazy way to avoid actually having to watch your child.

Open communication will do far more than any online filter can do.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Jagex has been going around manually banning anyone who looks like they are botting. My secondary main account was banned while I was superheating some gold ore. The reason was for macroing, but I was using my phone and vpn'ing to my computer. I appealed and won my case. Just email [email protected], let them know whats happening and they will work with you.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I rarely talk to people in-game because I hate the vast majority of RuneScape players with the burning passion of a thousand suns (present company excluded, of course). I hope nothing like this happens to me.

I wish you the best trying to correct your situation.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

Okay.

Just as you hate "Jagex hugging brats," I equally hate people who seem to think it's edgy and cool to criticize Jagex for everything that they do and to basically discount any of their efforts whatsoever, because that's the flavour of the month.

Any system's first priority is to stop false positives from occuring. I'm sure Jagex would rather leave 10 bots unbanned than ban 1 legitimate player falsely. I know a LOT of people in this game, and not ONCE have I heard of anyone getting legitimately falsely banned at all. A sample space of one, unconfirmed example isn't enough to just start yelling "FU FU JAMFLAX OMFG STOP BANNING LEGIT PLAYERS YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!"

And the comments made about the parenting wasn't about the ban - it was about the fact that, as a parent, OP obviously has no trust in their children because they went all net-nanny on their 10 year old, instead of taking the time to try and explain to their child what is right or wrong to do on the internet, and to let them apply this knowledge themselves. Using this cavalier approach of just trying to ban them from running any executable files will just cause their children to question why these restrictions are in place, and hence, try to find a way around them - it's human nature.

Also, if the child is 10 years old, they really shouldn't be playing the game, unless under adult supervision. An internet blocking device is just a plain lazy way to avoid actually having to watch your child.

Reply was so dumb I nearly didn't even bother responding to it.

Jagex famously banned the first person to 99 range because they didn't think it was real, he later went to Andrew with his laptop to show him it was legit.

Jagex had no control or idea of the famous dupe, so they banned anyone with 'suspicious' amounts of items.

Countless among countless wrongly banned people on these forums, with screenshots of conversations with TEMPLATE replies because their customer support system is beyond a joke.

From sleeping bags to random events, Jagex can't do [cabbage] about Bots, and the only system they have is players hitting the report button and wrongly accused accounts get no further look unless you pay them money, pathetic. (Don't argue here please, there is way too much evidence).

Please, and please, don't [bleep]ing post if you don't know [cabbage]. Jagex have terrible customer support - fact. Jagex have no resources to control exploits in their game and pinpoint disasters ( Durial, row, dupe, knife bug, the list goes on forever).

Countless people have been wrongly banned and [cabbage] all has been done about it. This is a rant section where players will whinge about this and people placed in similar positions can relate and discuss. What ruins these forums is the pathetic jagex huggers who don't know [cabbage] and actually believe they do the correct thing.

You're discussion on parenting matters isn't worth my time, you sound like a University student with 0 idea so I'm not even going to try to contest you're dumb views.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Okay.

Reply was so dumb I nearly didn't even bother responding to it.

Jagex famously banned the first person to 99 range because they didn't think it was real, he later went to Andrew with his laptop to show him it was legit.

Jagex had no control or idea of the famous dupe, so they banned anyone with 'suspicious' amounts of items.

Countless among countless wrongly banned people on these forums, with screenshots of conversations with TEMPLATE replies because their customer support system is beyond a joke.

From sleeping bags to random events, Jagex can't do [cabbage] about Bots, and the only system they have is players hitting the report button and wrongly accused accounts get no further look unless you pay them money, pathetic. (Don't argue here please, there is way too much evidence).

Please, and please, don't [bleep]ing post if you don't know [cabbage]. Jagex have terrible customer support - fact. Jagex have no resources to control exploits in their game and pinpoint disasters ( Durial, row, dupe, knife bug, the list goes on forever).

Countless people have been wrongly banned and [cabbage] all has been done about it. This is a rant section where players will whinge about this and people placed in similar positions can relate and discuss. What ruins these forums is the pathetic jagex huggers who don't know [cabbage] and actually believe they do the correct thing.

You're discussion on parenting matters isn't worth my time, you sound like a University student with 0 idea so I'm not even going to try to contest you're dumb views.

Maybe you shouldn't have bothered posting and went with your gut instinct because all that post proved was that you're not a very nice person.

dungensweapers.png