Pking this is what it has become?

Phyrexial

You failed to answer why its so important that we go by your madeup rules?

You failed to read any of my posts, my time has been wasted, good day fail.

Just because honor rules were needed in the beginning of rs2, they are needed now? If you don't have the resolve to do what it takes to win, you do not belong in the wilderness.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You failed to answer why its so important that we go by your madeup rules?

You failed to read any of my posts, my time has been wasted, good day fail.

I have pked many many times and gone through several "Pures" over the years (including pre2006)

To answer the OP, I think that its pure boredom and lack of skill that causes people to pk in such a way (taging off etc) because they're unable to kill someone their level or even a lower level by themself.

To answer Elucin8er,

I agree it was difficult to get kills back then and the reason for that was the lack of ko potential, so without that. Realizing this players made a few general rules that were never set in stone, but did help those who followed them get kills. If you followed the rules, it was out of respect that you'd want someone to do the same to you. But I think you can tell from how you post and by the picture provided earlier, that there is little respect now in the wilderness (if there ever was) But really, who cares if a 12-40 year old male or female somewhere else in the world you'll never meet, doesn't respect you?

I read your entire post and it really has nothing to do with the topic of the thread, which was about being teamed unfairly in single way combat (in edge and at mage bank). He DID ask what old and new players thought of this, and you took the thread over into a honor rule flame war.

Try to stick on topic and when people make a counterarguement to something you say, calling them a fail or anything else in that light just shows you're too stubborn and silly to accept anything other than your own opinion. And thats ok, just don't force it upon everyone who disagrees.

This is not a rant I use to pk with my old main at mage bank years ago where you never double teamed very often so I decided to try pking today got lured by a level 120 around the opposite side of god arena where 7-8 level 138's were waiting with ancient magics and then continued to korasi spec to to my death where i lost around 300k it was hilarious to see that if you go past edgeville now you are basically need a clan wars army pretty funny imo I wanted to see what the old pkers and new think of this as i found it more funny then anything because i don't pk often or consider myself good

Disclaimer: I apologise in advance if you have dyslexia or any other condition which prevents you from using full-stops, commas, or anything else. That said, I tried reading your paragraph out loud a couple times, and ran out of breath. That said....

This is not a rant. I used to pk with my old main at mage bank years ago where you never double teamed [/b]very often***[/b], so I decided to try pking today. I got lured by a level 120 around to the opposite side of the god arena where 7-8 level 138's were waiting with ancient magics and then continued to korasi spec me to to my death where i lost around 300k. It was hilarious to see that if you go past edgeville now you are basically need a clan wars army. Pretty funny imo. I wanted to see what the old pkers and new think of this as i found it more funny than anything because i don't pk often or consider myself good.

*** Wait what? you never..... very often. :???:

Second page, and no one else has done this? What happened to the tip.it I know.

Back on topic...

Allot of new content has come out in the years since you used to PK, so the 'community' surrounding it has adapted. Part of the reason people run around in groups is safety in numbers; if you're running around the deeper levels of the wilderness alone like that, you should expect yourself to be seen as an easy target for these groups. If you're concerned about that sort of scenario occuring, I'd recommend finding some people you can trust to go into the wilderness with you. :)

This is not a rant I use to pk with my old main at mage bank years ago where you never double teamed very often so I decided to try pking today got lured by a level 120 around the opposite side of god arena where 7-8 level 138's were waiting with ancient magics and then continued to korasi spec to to my death where i lost around 300k it was hilarious to see that if you go past edgeville now you are basically need a clan wars army pretty funny imo I wanted to see what the old pkers and new think of this as i found it more funny then anything because i don't pk often or consider myself good

Disclaimer: I apologise in advance if you have dyslexia or any other condition which prevents you from using full-stops, commas, or anything else. That said, I tried reading your paragraph out loud a couple times, and ran out of breath. That said....

This is not a rant. I used to pk with my old main at mage bank years ago where you never double teamed [/b]very often***[/b], so I decided to try pking today. I got lured by a level 120 around to the opposite side of the god arena where 7-8 level 138's were waiting with ancient magics and then continued to korasi spec me to to my death where i lost around 300k. It was hilarious to see that if you go past edgeville now you are basically need a clan wars army. Pretty funny imo. I wanted to see what the old pkers and new think of this as i found it more funny than anything because i don't pk often or consider myself good.

*** Wait what? you never..... very often. :???:

Second page, and no one else has done this? What happened to the tip.it I know.

EDIT: I'll edit this again and contribute to the topic within the next hour.

After spending enough time on Runescape and such, I thought the lack of grammar was either from ignorance or non-english speaking. Was able to understand the jist of it so I didn't make a big deal about it :P

This here is yet another perfect example of a know-it-all "pker".

inb4moarflame

Edit: If you got (butt)hurt by what i said, I must have hit a soft spot, no?

No, Elucin8er is 100% right here and you've just proved so by coming back with no argument whatsoever.

THAT is how it is/was PK'ing, he knows what he's talking about because he took part in it, your view on the whole situation suggests you might of died a few times and got upset so now hate the wilderness and refuse to communicate properly with anyone who has a different opinion.

Of course we can't change the way people act in the wilderness, but we can talk about how honor in the wilderness has degraded as much as we want, just like you could talk about how botting is ruining profitable skills all you like. Don't be so dismissive just because you despise the wilderness, or just stay away from topics like these.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

In the years the silliest rules slipped in.

Also, those rules were mostly for death matching.

Rules like don't safe... in a DM its about tactics, if you eat 3 food in a row it makes you not hit your opponent which makes you eat more... etc.

So safing is a bad tactic but why not allow it? It is a deathmatch, make whoever knows what he/she is doing best win instead of one of them having a lucky hit.

Praying...meh with all those new prayer like SS, I would pray against that because those people like to say dont safe but they keep SS on the whole time.

And praying whatever.

The only thing is that people don't die for honour.

Teleporting from a fight that you wanted is kinda sad.

It is allowed but it is really really sad, plus 90% of the time they flame before they teleport... makes m look even worse.

Too bad the game is so big that its impossible to remember all the noobs names.

My ignore list only holds 100 people :(

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

If you dont/didn't pk, don't post, simple. All rebuttle responses have failed to answer my question, as predicted. Just a bunch of addicted people hugging their pixels failing to recognise this is a GAME we play for FUN. Please think a little before reposting again.

Lol. This is a game people play for fun, fun often involves amassing pixel wealth, amassing pixel wealth is furthered by teleporting in emergencies.

Your point about people being "Jagex huggers" and how they ruined PKing isn't very well though out. PKing is a feature you choose to partake in in a game which you choose to play. Jagex has made it so that you can kill others in the Wildy and if you want to do that, you can. You can't, however, expect anyone to play "fair" or "honorable". People use claws spec - why? To do better and get kills/not lose. They wear armor to do better and get kills/not lose. You bring food to do better and get kills/not lose. Why is teleing, a perfectly viable and clever solution to a problem, worse than any of those? If you haven't agreed on no tele, then you should EXPECT people to have a tele.

In other news, you seem mad over this "game we play for fun". You don't seem like you're having fun bro.

And just as something that irked me, "reposting again" is redundant.

Good day, fail.

PM me for fitocracy invite

This here is yet another perfect example of a know-it-all "pker".

inb4moarflame

Edit: If you got (butt)hurt by what i said, I must have hit a soft spot, no?

No, Elucin8er is 100% right here and you've just proved so by coming back with no argument whatsoever.

THAT is how it is/was PK'ing, he knows what he's talking about because he took part in it, your view on the whole situation suggests you might of died a few times and got upset so now hate the wilderness and refuse to communicate properly with anyone who has a different opinion.

Of course we can't change the way people act in the wilderness, but we can talk about how honor in the wilderness has degraded as much as we want, just like you could talk about how botting is ruining profitable skills all you like. Don't be so dismissive just because you despise the wilderness, or just stay away from topics like these.

1. read the whole thread

2. dont make assumptions based on... well, nothing

I'd say more, but Cyon already said all that needs to be said a few posts up^

Boeg.png

Well you're an unedcuated non pking [bleep] aren't you. Don't speak unless you know what you're talking about.

On the release of rs2 and protection prayers, Jagex ruined pking so badly. 1v1, you could NOT kill someone and you could NOT die if you did everything at your disposal. This includes eating as soon as you hp dropped a tad, praying, wearing ring of life, teleporting when u ran out of food, running if you were losing, climbing ladders to change screen and stop hits. All this stuff made killing people 1v1 IMPOSSIBLE in 06.' I Promise u this 100%. If you deny this then you're an idiot. And before you grab my text out of context, actually try to tell me how it was at all possible to kill anyone doing these things.

Now, this doesn't sound like fun does it. It actually sounds pretty damn pathetic. So us, THE PLAYERS, invented the honor system of no safing, no teleporting, no praying etc etc. You know what this did in turn, it made the game FUN. Yes fun, the reason we play this game guys. Not to grind, not to hug our items and keep them safe, we play it for fun. The honor system was there for a reason, it was there to ensure fun, not to guarantee easy kills. It actually guaranteed a kill at all. Don't be Jagex huggers, they [bleep]ed pking in rsc - rs2 transition, and it was up to players to maintain the fun.

First off, you are an unedcuated pking [bleep].

Secondly, I am an unedcuated non pking [bleep].

Moving on, I'd like to point something out. All these rules came out when RS moved to RSC because of a lack of ability to PK someone. Since the beginning of RS2, Jagex has introduced certain controversial, powerful weapons such as Dragon Claws and Korasis sword. These powerful weapons are great K0 weapons. The existence of powerful K0 weapons would logically outdate a set of rules specifically made for a scenario in which K0ing someone was virtually impossible if they used all the anti-K0 tools they have.

To put it simply, you stated that all these honour rules were invented because no one would be able to kill anyone without those rules. I believe you. What I do not believe is that these rules are still necessary in order to PK (and more specifically, finish them off). Sure, if someone safes and/or teleports or wears a ring of life that makes it more difficult, but it is doable these days.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I don't think a lot of people understand the reasoning behind the honor code.

If 2 players are using protect prayers against each other then it just prolongs the fight and decreases the chances of a kill for BOTH people. Now, if both people don't use protect prayers then it's pretty much the same relative odds as before, except now BOTH have a better chance of getting a kill.

Now consider how unlikely it is to get a kill when everyones praying, teleing etc... It completely ruins it.

If 2 players are using protect prayers against each other then it just prolongs the fight and decreases the chances of a kill for BOTH people. Now, if both people don't use protect prayers then it's pretty much the same relative odds as before, except now BOTH have a better chance of getting a kill.

Now consider how unlikely it is to get a kill when everyones praying, teleing etc... It completely ruins it.

Not if your intent was to force the other side to pray. Heheheh.

If people rush, then one of the logical counters is to safe up. Find something that breaks that, and you're golden. Switching up your tactics is often effective. If everything were on so-called even ground you might as well go boxing in the duel arena instead. 50-50 chance for either side is not what most pkers these days want when going in. Everyone wants an edge on everybody else. No one nowadays really wants the other side to have an even chance of killing them.

Those who follow the honor code are in the shrinking minority. The old ways don't work anymore. So it's time to try something else.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Sorry, I didn't realize you were supposed to put yourself at a huge disadvantage intentionally in order to please some orthodox (as it were) players.

PM me for fitocracy invite

I wanted to see what the old pkers think of this

Rule #1 when you're in the Wilderness: there is NO rule.

If you bump into 5 gangsta in real life, and you had a weapon, would you used it? Trololo, bored...

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

This highlights the feelings of players who actually have any real skill and awareness quite well.

Stfu and learn to play.

"zomg no safing asdf" because you don't know how to use your KO tools.

"zomg no teleing fffffffffffffffffffffff-" because you're too stupid to realise that you can't tele past 30 wildy or that you can teleblock between attacks.

"zomg no pray ahueheuheuheuheuhe" because you're not clever enough to realise how good Verac's is.

"zomg no running hnnnnnnnnnnngh" because you haven't yet figured out that hybriding is a great idea.

Your elitism doesn't work when it's pretty obvious that it's only your lack of skill and capacity for critical thought that's holding you back.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were supposed to put yourself at a huge disadvantage intentionally in order to please some orthodox (as it were) players.

In f2p, praying overheads is just downright sad. Not only does it take away the tiniest chance for a kill, you also waste your own prayer and that leaves you at a disadvantage to get a kill even if the other person is not using overheads. Remember there are no ppots in f2p.

Staurolite.png

There is also the point of RiskVsReward: If you pk in <20 wilderness, you are asking for people to teleport when they are in trouble; and chances are you have a teleport yourself, lol.

I could show you almost every single PK on my Berserker Pure and you will find that I have no runes or teletabs. I have PKed about 200ish Varrock tele tabs as of now, though.

It doesnt matter if you bring a tele or not, the fact is that if you pk in <20 wildy, its safer than in >30 wildy.

Wearing armour also makes it safer than not wearing armour, by saying that you dont bring armour (or in your case a tele) doesnt change the fact that its safer for everyone who does.

Point is: if you dont like people teleing from you, pk in deeper wildy.

I bolded what I was replying to in the original quote.

Bringing a tele doesn't make it any more safer. Also - once you get past maybe 7 wilderness it is a whole different style than Edge-style PKing.

------------

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

This highlights the feelings of players who actually have any real skill and awareness quite well.

Stfu and learn to play.

"zomg no safing asdf" because you don't know how to use your KO tools.

Have fun getting kills when people eat at about 600ish HP at 89 Strength.

"zomg no teleing fffffffffffffffffffffff-" because you're too stupid to realise that you can't tele past 30 wildy or that you can teleblock between attacks.

Need to be wearing Mage-boosing armour which will lower your defence against melee attacks quite a bit. This may work on iron pures.

"zomg no pray ahueheuheuheuheuhe" because you're not clever enough to realise how good Verac's is.

Because you're not clever enough to realise how bad the flail is as a primary weapon against 70+ Defence.

"zomg no running hnnnnnnnnnnngh" because you haven't yet figured out that hybriding is a great idea.

Then they will just tele (Assuming we're at Edgeville). Don't even try doing TB + Entangle. That's a joke unless you're packing god spells + charge.

Your elitism doesn't work when it's pretty obvious that it's only your lack of skill and capacity for critical thought that's holding you back.

EDIT: Forgot to mention your Verac's theory doesn't work against many PK-based builds outside mains and hybrid accounts (Mid levels).

inb4itismyfaultIdon'ttrainmydefence

Spaz4010.png

People lie, people don't play fair. Its always been a part of the wilderness. It's impossible to control what the other person does while PKing. That's why I stick to the duel arena. You know the rules and you see them in front of your face. I feel that it is more straightforward.

Don't even try doing TB + Entangle. That's a joke unless you're packing god spells + charge.

God spells are really outdated and are just a sentimental reminder of old school pking. Fire surge with stream and c staff is better now on the normal spellbook.

Hybridding in edgeville is a "come claw rush/pj me" invite.

The honor system seems like it was made in a time where there was very little K0 power. Where there was very little one could do against an opponent who would eat, run or teleport.

Now, in P2P, there is a lot you can do. Between chaotics, korasis, d claws, there's a lot of K0 power. Whether or not any of these are being used in your particular fight is irrelevant; I think the existence of these makes the honor concept obsolete. Once enough people start playing without honor and having it work for them, it would probably start a domino effect.

In any case, I see no reason why you should expect honor way up north by the mage arena. The only place where "honor" pk'ing might be useful would be edge and F2P.

Lastly, this:

It's impossible to control what the other person does while PKing.

People will play however they play. If you want honor fights, you can either make an honor clan focused around honor fights (probably between it's own members to start or something, idk) or you can accept the way things are going now.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Have fun getting kills when people eat at about 600ish HP at 89 Strength etc...

K, I tried replying to this neatly but gave up. I'll just list your points in order.

1. Even if they're comfortably outside of KO range, they're still expending their resources and not attacking you. At this point, they should be perma-iced or entangled depending on location.

2. Flash your gear. It takes one tick to switch as many pieces as you can click and it doesn't interrupt.

3. The flail becomes better as enemy def level increases since it ignores defense as well as prayer. Against anything above a mix of rune and dragon, it's arguably more efficient than a whip. As for the PK-based builds that you mentioned, this is why it's a terrible idea to PK until you're max-combat because of Jagex's terrible combat level calculation method

4. Why the hell would anyone Edge PK? Just go to the duel arena for that crap.

5. There is no 5. Derp.

Have fun getting kills when people eat at about 600ish HP at 89 Strength etc...

K, I tried replying to this neatly but gave up. I'll just list your points in order.

1. Even if they're comfortably outside of KO range, they're still expending their resources and not attacking you. At this point, they should be perma-iced or entangled depending on location.

2. Flash your gear. It takes one tick to switch as many pieces as you can click and it doesn't interrupt.

3. The flail becomes better as enemy def level increases since it ignores defense as well as prayer. Against anything above a mix of rune and dragon, it's arguably more efficient than a whip. As for the PK-based builds that you mentioned, this is why it's a terrible idea to PK until you're max-combat because of Jagex's terrible combat level calculation method

4. Why the hell would anyone Edge PK? Just go to the duel arena for that crap.

5. There is no 5. Derp.

You clearly have no knowledge or experience at pking at all, so why are you trying to give pkers advice? Your advice reeks of [cabbage] and theory-crafting.

Do us a favor and let the pkers discuss pking. Go back to castle wars or woodcutting, please.