Favorite Led Zeppelin Song

Althalus

Okay, so I didn't start this thread to get a storm of "woohoo Stairway to Heaven!!!!!" I know it's an excellent song but honestly Led Zeppelin has greats that are pretty high up there in my books that I just can't get enough of. My favorite of all time is "All My Love" on their In Through the Out Door album. I really like "No Quarter" and "Boogie With Stu"

Oh ya, I've also noticed a lot of people not only on this board but in other areas spelling it "Led Zepplin" I mean honestly.... :roll:

Zaataar.png

I agree with you. I think too many people now a days think they're Zeppelin fans just becuase they listened to Stairway to Heaven. Great song and solo, but imo not their greatest.

my favorite songs are Black Dog, Achilles Last Stand, Living Loving Maid, Heartbreaker, Misty Mountain Hop, Rock n Roll, Kashmir, The Ocean, Moby Dck, Houses of the Holy, The Song Remains the Same, The Rain Song, Immigrant Song, The Lemon Song, Communication Breakdown, Whole Lotta Love, Trampled Under Foot, Dazed and Confused, When the Levee Breaks, What is and what should never be, D'Yer Mak'er and Stairway to Heaven.

I like Dazed and Confused, Kashmir, Stairway to Heaven and You Shook Me a lot. And I like various other songs as well of course, but these do stand out for me.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

omfg black dog rocks

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

I like D'yer M'ker a lot, Kashmir is good, and so is Going to California. I can't pay attention long enough anymore to listen to the whole Stairway to Heaven, it's just too long and my music listening time can be spent listening to other better songs :).

peterstretchfn5.gif

Stairway and Kashmir I guess...Though I'm not the biggest fan of Led Zeppelin. I listened to about 7 Zep songs today (I had my radio set to classic rock stations for like 4 straight hours...with about half hour of Zep marathon.) Some of these I've heard before, some not, but none as good as the 2 I said. I feel that Led Zeppelins songs are too long, even though it's not really about the time. I like a lot of far longer songs as long as they have longness-potential...Lots of Zep songs seem more 'long for the sake of being long'...But they are pretty good I guess...

On a side note, it's Jimmy Page's birthday, that's why they were playing so much Zep.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Thank You, Bring it on Home, Kashmir... The Immigrant song... Hmm, yeah I guess those are my favourites.

I actually really like The Battle of Evermore too.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

what is and what should never be, the immigrant song, heartbreaker, whole lotta love and the ocean are my top picks. also if it counts the beastie boys sampled the ocean on their song she's crafty (along with a few other guitar riffs) and that made a pretty hot combination (h)

the solo on stairway to heaven is untouchable tho.

• 2 years later...