New Quest Area on RS?

Toad

Anyone check to see if there isn't any other hidden fairy ring locations?

Check all combos dubs/trips/quads.

List everything see what you come up with.

Gl whoever tries to check quads

Soo lucky I havnt done quest for Frings yet. Otherwise I'd do quads...

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh... I'm intrigued with this stuff now. If I have time tomorrow after my dentist appointment (gotta get a cavity filled <_< ) I'll go through as many combinations of fairy rings as I can. It will probably be a waste of time, but you never know!

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Ugh... I'm intrigued with this stuff now. If I have time tomorrow after my dentist appointment (gotta get a cavity filled <_< ) I'll go through as many combinations of fairy rings as I can. It will probably be a waste of time, but you never know!

Post all the ones you do as you do them please :P.

I'll be sure to make a log of all of them I do and then post them here. Time for some sleep right now though, dentist in 8 hours. :thumbdown:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

I'm now trying codes starting with AIP.

So far I've done:

AIP - AIP

AIP - AIS

AIP - AIR

AIP - AIQ

AIP - ALP

AIP - ALS

AIP - ALR

AIP - ALQ

AIP - AKP

AIP - AKS

AIP - AKR

AIP - AKQ

AIP - AJP

AIP - AJS

AIP - AJR

AIP - AJQ

AIP - DIP

AIP - DIS

AIP - DIR

AIP - DIQ

AIP - DLP

AIP - DLS

AIP - DLR

AIP - DLQ

Bored now :P

priest_wiz.png

Here's food for thought. If jagex is letting us visit kethsi then I wonder when we will visit freneskae?

But freneskae is a whole seperate plane an entirely different world; kethsi is just a ruined city in a distant region of our world. There's not really a huge parallel there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Anyone planning to check quads hasn't given much thought to the math involved.

For the base level of fairy rings, there are 3^4 = 81 possible destinations. All quad combinations would be 3^4 * 3^4 * 3^4 * 3^4 = 3^16 = over 43 million. Assuming for the sake of argument that each fairy ring destination took you only one second to dial, teleport to, and teleport back (which is nonsense), then it would take you 4 years of playing 24/7 non-stop to test all quad combinations.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

For the base level of fairy rings, there are 3^4 = 81 possible destinations. All quad combinations would be 3^4 * 3^4 * 3^4 * 3^4 = 3^16 = over 43 million. Assuming for the sake of argument that each fairy ring destination took you only one second to dial, teleport to, and teleport back (which is nonsense), then it would take you 4 years of playing 24/7 non-stop to test all quad combinations.

There are 4^3 = 64 possible destinations for the base rings...

That makes 4096 double combinations, 262k triple combos, and 16.7m quads.

lalalasig2.png

People also havent considered how things stack with testing as they do it all in 1 go.

Taking mistknowitall's first few checks:

AIP - AIP

AIP - AIS

AIP - AIR

He did them all in a line so he actually entered:

aip - aip - aip - ais - aip - air

Assuming no combination goes beyond a quad that means he has actually tested

aip - aip

aip - aip - aip

aip - aip - aip -ais

aip - aip (This one technically doesn't matter as it doubles up, but for sake of showing how the combos roll)

aip - aip - ais

aip - aip - ais - aip

aip - ais

aip - ais - aip

aip - ais - aip - air

ais - aip

ais - aip - air

And so on.

There are 4^3 = 64 possible destinations for the base rings...

That makes 4096 double combinations, 262k triple combos, and 16.7m quads.

Yeah 43mil is a bit off, just to cover the math used.

64 possible ring combinations.

Then for duos there is 64 possible combinations for each of the 64 so 64*64 = 4096.

For trios there 64 possible combos with each of the 4096 dues so 4096*64=262k

Then again 64*262k =16.7m for quads.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

People also havent considered how things stack with testing as they do it all in 1 go.

Taking mistknowitall's first few checks:

AIP - AIP

AIP - AIS

AIP - AIR

He did them all in a line so he actually entered:

aip - aip - aip - ais - aip - air

Assuming no combination goes beyond a quad that means he has actually tested

aip - aip

aip - aip - aip

aip - aip - aip -ais

aip - aip - ais

aip - aip - ais - aip

aip - ais

aip - ais - aip

aip - ais - aip - air

ais - aip

ais - aip - air

And so on.

But if you try all the quads, you'll obviously try all of the doubles and triples also. So you still have to try 16.7m combinations of 4.

Edit: Ohhh, I see. I'm not sure if fairy rings roll around like that. (ais - aip - air - ais - aip may cover 2 combinations of 4)

lalalasig2.png

-snip-

But if you try all the quads, you'll obviously try all of the doubles and triples also. So you still have to try 16.7m combinations of 4.

Edit: Ohhh, I see. I'm not sure if fairy rings roll around like that. (ais - aip - air - ais - aip may cover 2 combinations of 4)

They most "roll" like that

Because combination entering requires you to enter and activate each code then go back and activate a new one.

Entering the combination in order even with random other jumps preceding it would still trigger the jump as you have entered the code in order.

So assuming no break is taken the combinations enter must roll so that the last 2, 3 or 4 codes entered could be the combination despite the fact you are only trying to test pairs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Now I wish I was a Jagex mod so I could make a new 5 - combination fairy ring location and troll the community with trying to make them figure it out.

First one there gets a party hat!

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Now I wish I was a Jagex mod so I could make a new 5 - combination fairy ring location and troll the community with trying to make them figure it out.

First one there gets a party hat!

bahahaha, that's hilarious.

And in reply to the Fairt Rings Transportations stuffs... So what Sy is saying is that if i go one place straight off of another, they will 'combo' as a double, and if i do another in succesion, instead of starting a new trend, it then becomes a triple, or another double with the last one. So in theory, you could get done with all of the combinations a lot faster if you just change one of the combinations each time and see where you go. :thumbsup:

tl;dr bc confusing....

Example: aip - aip - ais - aip

This tests out one quad, two triples, and then three doubles. Correct? :?:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Don't forget Yu'biusk.

Fog seems to be same kind in Yu'biusk and Kethsi. Maybe they are in same dimension?

Architecture seems to be Daemonheimish?

Pretty sure we're going to find out that Kethsi was once a place where Dragonkin made their base at one point, and that the ruined castle over the demonheim dungeons is Dragonkin made.

asrhasrh.jpg

Don't forget Yu'biusk.

Fog seems to be same kind in Yu'biusk and Kethsi. Maybe they are in same dimension?

Pretty sure we're going to find out that Kethsi was once a place where Dragonkin made their base at one point, and that the ruined castle over the demonheim dungeons is Dragonkin made.

Why would that make sense given that the mural shows dragon creatures (ergo either dragonkin or made by dragonkin and serve dragonkin) destroying the city?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Don't forget Yu'biusk.

Why would that make sense given that the mural shows dragon creatures (ergo either dragonkin or made by dragonkin and serve dragonkin) destroying the city?

Examining the mural says that the dragons are destroying 'A' city, not 'THE' city. It might just be a mural that the dragonkin made because they were proud of their dragons for destroying a city?

Don't forget Yu'biusk.

Examining the mural says that the dragons are destroying 'A' city, not 'THE' city. It might just be a mural that the dragonkin made because they were proud of their dragons for destroying a city?

True but then the collapsed city does have an ash effect falling from the sky and a post fire smog type colouring to the air and it doesn't have any noticeable dragonkin logos.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

If you're city is getting destroyed by dragons, are you really gonna take the time to make a freaking mural outta it? >.<

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If you're city is getting destroyed by dragons, are you really gonna take the time to make a freaking mural outta it? >.<

Maybe it was something like how people did storytelling back in ancient days. People would record stories through huge murals. Maybe the mural was created by one of the last remnants of that settlement sometime before the siege finally broke the city.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I am willing to bet that this is gonna turn into another stellar dawn or that kudos island that is still supposed to come out.

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense