World Queueing and Instances - 21-Jun-2011

Michael

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's insane

anyway first time in a loooooong time that i would say grats to Jagex on an update. So grats! :thumbsup:

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

VPTAp.png

Fight Pits instanced world - 173.

whats a CFT that guy is talking about?

A controlled forced teleport. Its a thing glitchers use to escape from an area you arent supposed to be able to leave.

For example they activate their teleport during a castle wars game with bandages or the capes in inventory to smuggle them out. I think the rest of the world doesnt actually exist on this server so he would either no clip here or crash the game for himself. (Not sure I believe the mod saying he would just return to the regular world)

Nothing Jagex can do about these though, because Jagex has a very hard time patching CFTs since no one will share one if they find it and would rather take a ban then tell Jagex about it. (yes if you find serious bugs Jagex not only bargins with you over a ban and sometimes offers you free stuff too. In a recent no clip glitch Jagex gave someone Pmod status after they told them about how the glitch worked)

Read what the mod said previously. They are answering another question.

This update doesn't affect me at all, but its good.

35b9enp.jpg

This is remarkable and the implications of this update are...well, they're just great. I cannot wait to see where this will be enabled in the future.

I honestly do not know why this wasn't announced on the BTS or the main page.

hzvjpwS.gif

As far as noclips go, any attempt to actually leave that area, including trying to use the tunnel while doing an action that stops the game from logging you out or trying to load a cutscene returns an invalid teleport message and doesn't tele you.

Afaik that cave is the only area in that whole world. I can't wait till they do this with other, more complex, minigames

As far as noclips go, any attempt to actually leave that area, including trying to use the tunnel while doing an action that stops the game from logging you out or trying to load a cutscene returns an invalid teleport message and doesn't tele you.

Afaik that cave is the only area in that whole world. I can't wait till they do this with other, more complex, minigames

Shocking given that it is an INSTANCED world.

An instance is a map area loaded on demand that does not otherwise exist; even with what little they told us its pretty obvious that the instanced world is instancing specific game areas in order to bring players from all servers together.

It'd be a pretty useless instance if it just loaded the entire world.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Rather than looking forward to making all the old minigames compatible with the instanced worlds, I'm looking forward to the new content they are planning that will use this.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

How do you do these controlled teleports or personal teleports?

Its quite hard. A controlled one is some glitch where you can remotely teleport at anytime you want. In a mini game, random event, quest area, anywhere.

A personal area teleport involves tricking the game into teleporting you to a personal area (such as fight caves or your house) when you shouldn't be there

Give an example of a fixed one?

not in this case. But it would be a teleport to an unused PA to get that.

I just think that the fact that people got that message says the rest of this server exists and can be CFT'd to. Or I can be wrong, my knowledge of this stuff is limited to that video of infinite money and the notes included in a link on there on all this. :unsure:

It doesn't need to be a pa to return an invalid teleport. If you try to climb down the ladder in the varrock palace during the zombie attack, it gives an invalid tele too

Invalid teleport implies that there is nothing at your destination.

Give an example of a fixed one?

tricking the game into believing you were inside your poh and changing building mode.

If people DON'T manage to abuse the instance server in some way for new glitches, then Kudos to Jagex.

Definitely interested in seeing what sort of new content makes use of instanced areas. Though I'm not particularly one for minigames and the like, seeing more personal-instance'd content such as the troll invasion, is of interest to me. Particularly, I'm hopeful that some future slayer content goes in this direction..... but we'll see.

World queue's? They would have been nicer a few years ago when jagex seemed to be adding multiple servers every few weeks to deal with the influx of new players. I see w2 <2k players allot more often now than i used to, though to be fair the GE could be in part to blame for that.

@Wessan - OTHER games have queues for worlds. You really should be giving credit to those games. ;)

For a second there I thought it was "Instanced Bosses." Meh...

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

^I like this idea. To not mention someone's hand in producing something is disrespectful and stealing.

No, I am probably not the only and first person to have made such a suggestion, but when I searched on the RSOF and Tip.It, I did not find a thread similar to or before mine. Therefore I will claim it as mine, because it is. Am I going to write Jagex and complain? No. I will appreciate that something I suggested was brought about into the game; however, I will always contend that Jagex should give credit to its players when it is due.

Hang on a second; someone provides them with a free suggestion and you're saying it's stealing? That's just developmentally delayed... Seriously. If I donate something to charity, it's not stealing when they take it and don't credit me and the millions of other people doing it.

You didn't find a thread on Tip.It nor on the RSOF, you do realise the RSOF doesn't maintain an archive, right? Threads can only be so old on there, due to the restrictions. To think you're the only one to have ever come up with the idea is just ignorance at its best, especially when you do a quick Google search (If even that) to use as a basis for your claims.

Claim it as yours, because it is. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

implied-facepalm.jpg

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Is it me, or does logging in a busy world takes 10x as long now? Took me like 5 min to log in w117 to do my assists. Kinda annoying cause I'm stewed, so I have to logout within a minute. Good thing I just got 91 rc, so I can at least do 91-93 pretty easily (dorgeshkaan), standing in Dorgeshkaan bank while advertising in assistclan.

Ah forced teleports. That reminds me of my old account...

... Which was swiftly perm banned w/o appeals for using them :P

Banned when JaGex used to care. Poor guy :(

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012