RuneScape Drop "Promos"

Ok i'm back with another idea that I have conjured up recently. What if Jagex held a once a month weekend (48 hours) where all the rare drops of a certain monster (example: D Chain from KQ) were bumped up by certain odds (Like if you killed KQ on that particular weekend you would have a 5x better chance of getting a D Chain drop than what the current drop rate is). I see this as a good way for people to buy combat supplies at an increased rate thus stimultating the economy a bit. It also would motivate people to slay monsters that they would usually pass up. Now, the natural argument is that it would kill the values of said drops - BUT if the odds were reasonable and controlled it would not affect said drop significantly, also the price would rise when the drop promo was turned off. What do you guys think?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Even if the changes were not significant, the hype of any drop rate changes would have very negative effects on the items effected. And no prices would not rise when the promo wore off. More items would have been pumped into the game, overall those price drops would likely have a long effect.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Would make those d chains drop even further. I do not support.

Otherwise, not a bad idea or thinking.

Rather give the KQ permanently some decent side-drops, is what I'd like to see.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

So, the serious people capable of killing KQ effectively will stay at other, higher payout moneymakers, the noobs will die at KQ, and the hype will bring down prices.

I don't think it will work.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm going to agree with everyone else here. This isn't a great idea. Players are capable of earning money as it is and the kalphite queen is certainty solo-able. I don't even support bonus experience events, it's just another excuse to make the game easier. Besides, it's already super easy to make money, this will(as others have noted) just make the prices of certain items unstable.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

So you want jagex to increase the drop rate of items for a weekend to make people go crazy and buy tons of combat supplies to make the prices go up. Which will only last for a week or two then everyone who bought tons of supplies just because of the rise in price will sell them and cause the prices to go right back where they started. And the price of those monster drops will fall because of either the drop rates being too high or people panicing because they think the item's price will crash. So you have combat supplies that increase in price for about a week and monster drops that decrease in price for about a week. How will this help anything. Not that anything needs to be fixed anyway...

Also what's wrong with the rs economy?

Botting (particularly gold farming) is the problem that needs to be fixed.

TERRIBLE IDEA!!!!!!!!

Okay, now here's where you explain why.

I'll take a stab at it :ugeek:

It's completely unnecessary for the amount of damage it has the potential to cause. First off, what would the purpose of it be? If they announce it in advance, you'd have a situation much like bonus weekends where people hoard supplies for up to a month in advance. Unlike BEXP weekends, I'm assuming a lot of people would hold off on boss-related drops, or sell them off expecting a crash, as a result of a much larger supply.

So, you'd have supplies rise and drops crash, but for what reason? BEXP weekends at least address the fact that the game is nothing but a grind, what would this solve?

Towed to the appropriate subforum.

-Necromagus, Tip.It Mod.

TERRIBLE IDEA!!!!!!!!

Okay, now here's where you explain why.

I'll take a stab at it :ugeek:

It's completely unnecessary for the amount of damage it has the potential to cause. First off, what would the purpose of it be? If they announce it in advance, you'd have a situation much like bonus weekends where people hoard supplies for up to a month in advance. Unlike BEXP weekends, I'm assuming a lot of people would hold off on boss-related drops, or sell them off expecting a crash, as a result of a much larger supply.

So, you'd have supplies rise and drops crash, but for what reason? BEXP weekends at least address the fact that the game is nothing but a grind, what would this solve?

What he said.