12-Jul-2011 � Jadinko Lair

brainymidget

I've heard they drop something called a bolas, not sure what it is but it's in the quick chat, and I heard some people saying they found one. Anyone know what that is? :P

you make using there 100% drops

there range wep and it makes them not able to attk you as far as i know

atm i have 99 of them

tenebri.png

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special attack is pretty useless. The damage done by the vine is affected by your armor. Against 407 slash attack the special attack only hit me twice. Rest were all 0s. Korasi or dragon claws are better, against high Defence at least.

Uhh, that's called defence. All attacks are affected by defence, expect for Korasi's.

This special seems like it could be useful against low defence monsters. By the sounds of it, it won't be too useful in PvP because it stops if your opponent is out of range.

Hmmm - if you're in a multi-target zone, is the special multi-target too? :unsure:

No... why on earth would it do that? Seriously have no idea how you somehow even thought it might do that and what you're basing that on.

People really need to learn to read the knowledge base when updates come out (or at all) the number of stupid questions I saw while in game was crazy. I managed to read up on everything and was still the first one on my server to the new area and got in a number of kills before anyone else showed up whilst still knowing what I needed to know about the area.

You need a glass of water? You seem pretty heated.

Special attack is pretty useless. The damage done by the vine is affected by your armor. Against 407 slash attack the special attack only hit me twice. Rest were all 0s. Korasi or dragon claws are better, against high Defence at least.

Uhh, that's called defence. All attacks are affected by defence, expect for Korasi's.

This special seems like it could be useful against low defence monsters. By the sounds of it, it won't be too useful in PvP because it stops if your opponent is out of range.

Hmmm - if you're in a multi-target zone, is the special multi-target too? :unsure:

No... why on earth would it do that? Seriously have no idea how you somehow even thought it might do that and what you're basing that on.

People really need to learn to read the knowledge base when updates come out (or at all) the number of stupid questions I saw while in game was crazy. I managed to read up on everything and was still the first one on my server to the new area and got in a number of kills before anyone else showed up whilst still knowing what I needed to know about the area.

1. Not everyone has access to the knowledge base before it comes out, like some people do.

(b) Not everyone has access to Runescape, or the knowledge base, when new material is released. Runescape is a blocked site from my workplace, and I am at work at the moment, so bear with me.

(iii) You DO realize that, 65% of the time, the Knowledge Base, when releasing new material, is WRONG, don't you?

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

kb is usually wrong on specifics for stats/numerical data, but the general info is good.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just a heads up guys.

Mod Ninja came into my world and asked questions, if we had any problems, ect. While he was there, someone asked him what the drop rate of the Whip Vine was. Mod Ninja said that he couldn't say the drop rate.

But then someone said "Probably 1/512, like the whip"

To which Mod Ninja replied "That would be a good prediction though. ;)"

So the drop rate is probably a little below or higher than that.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Lol got one on my first kill.

screenshot007rf.png

Lots of abuse for getting spawns with magic. :thumbup:

YOU were Riff?

You [bleep] -.-

Well looks like another thing I cant outbeat 138's, by the time I get one the price will be os low that I wont be able to buy 95 pray. I hate you jagex.

Popoto.~<3

Hah, reading/information gathering plebeans. A true slayer will find out everything he needs from his environment, in a moment's notice.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Any info on what the charm droprate is?

Not very good. Not common and they only drop 1 at a time.

Btw guys, Mage Def+Pray melee is the best way to go about this.

I've seen MANY 130+ almost die because they went there in bandos and prayed mage. The thing hit 300+s on them.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

1. Not everyone has access to the knowledge base before it comes out, like some people do.

(b) Not everyone has access to Runescape, or the knowledge base, when new material is released. Runescape is a blocked site from my workplace, and I am at work at the moment, so bear with me.

(iii) You DO realize that, 65% of the time, the Knowledge Base, when releasing new material, is WRONG, don't you?

1) The knowledge base is updated before the game update is live, most of the time anyway. Usually from the moment the news article is up (and sometimes before). I had time to read up on everything to get at least a basic understanding before the 10 minute countdown had finished.

b) People who are playing at that moment in time obviously have access to the RuneScape site. There were people asking what the various fruits do, when it clearly states that in the knowledge base.

iii) Making up statistics does not help prove your point. While there is quite a lot of information which is off, the general premise and information in the knowledge base is correct. It's usually only numbers which are off which I imagine is due to the team that update the Knowledge base using outdated figures given to them by the developers. Using the knowledge base is a fantastic way to get the basic understandings of an update, which many people seem to lack. So no, it's not wrong when releasing new material if what you're looking for is information and a general feel for what the update contains.

I've seen MANY 130+ almost die because they went there in bandos and prayed mage. The thing hit 300+s on them.

If you don't pray melee then they don't mage you. While they can hit high (300+) they rarely do and then a unicorn and some food will be enough to heal you up, won't even need that if you have soul split.

If you don't pray melee then they don't mage you. While they can hit high (300+) they rarely do and then a unicorn and some food will be enough to heal you up, won't even need that if you have soul split.

ahh, thanks for the info. That never occured to me. :)

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

So far it seems to me that this update doesn't really affect the game except that you have to skip three more tasks.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Lol got one on my first kill.

screenshot007rf.png

Lots of abuse for getting spawns with magic. :thumbup:

YOU were Riff?

You [bleep] -.-

Well looks like another thing I cant outbeat 138's, by the time I get one the price will be os low that I wont be able to buy 95 pray. I hate you jagex.

Yes, I am Riff, and I'm not a [bleep] for having the foresight to bring runes along with me to grab spawns. FYI I'm 136.

New Jadinko Guards hit with melee and mage but not very often. I was hit 240ish max with melee and if you do pray melee, they mage you. They aren't too tough but can be dangerous....

The skilling portion I haven't tried yet...the bolas seem useless in situations when you want to steal kills as they don't seem to initiate combat...

I don't see the drop rate being much higher or different than the whip...2 drops since I was in a world for an hour.

19212173930.jpg

Sold for 30m...

They also drop effigies, terrible charm drop rates but a nice amount of yews, magics and mahogany logs as well as the standard assortment of seeds and noted herbs it seems...

soulthresher.png

1) The knowledge base is updated before the game update is live, most of the time anyway. Usually from the moment the news article is up (and sometimes before). I had time to read up on everything to get at least a basic understanding before the 10 minute countdown had finished.

b) People who are playing at that moment in time obviously have access to the RuneScape site. There were people asking what the various fruits do, when it clearly states that in the knowledge base.

iii) Making up statistics does not help prove your point. While there is quite a lot of information which is off, the general premise and information in the knowledge base is correct. It's usually only numbers which are off which I imagine is due to the team that update the Knowledge base using outdated figures given to them by the developers. Using the knowledge base is a fantastic way to get the basic understandings of an update, which many people seem to lack. So no, it's not wrong when releasing new material if what you're looking for is information and a general feel for what the update contains.

I'm not sure how many people fall into the category of Blyaunte and myself but nearly all runescape things are blocked from my job so tip.it is the only place i can get any upto date info on whats happening in game. So that being the case cut those people like Blyaunte and myself a brake, WE CAN NOT ACCESS the knowledge base.

I KNEW that the new whip vine wasn't going to outclass any of the chaotics. I doubt I will be going there anytime soon....canceling all tasks there too by the looks of the crowds :shock:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I'm not sure how many people fall into the category of Blyaunte and myself but nearly all runescape things are blocked from my job so tip.it is the only place i can get any upto date info on whats happening in game. So that being the case cut those people like Blyaunte and myself a brake, WE CAN NOT ACCESS the knowledge base.

Reread what I posted please, and you'll see that this wasn't aimed at anyone here. I specifically said it in the same line as talking about people asking stupid questions in game and thus why I said those who are in game can access the RuneScape site...

Also, if you can't access the RuneScape site to play the game then why do you need the latest information on the game? Can you not wait until you can get home when you'll actually have access to the game and thus the knowledge base as well?

People using Knives or Runes to grab monsters aren't [wagon], they're veterans who knew that overcrowding would happen.

On Topic: Are these the only monsters that drop Spirit Weed herbs? I can't think of any other.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.