12-Jul-2011 � Jadinko Lair

brainymidget

So is it efficient to train wc/fm/fletch there at all? Any benefits to training there or is this place just gonna be deserted in a few weeks :\

The whole training-firemaking-like-cooking seems like a benefit to me, although I'm not one to gauge if it's efficient xp-wise.

According to my friend who was right next to me testing, Penance horn doesn't work but the xp boosts from fire gloves and ring do. Again according to him it's 398xp per with the gloves and ring.

Also:

xp907c.png

I did hit over 600 twice but wasn't able to sc it!

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for a decent bonus whip upgrade, so I can max 200M melee with it. What a letdown. Not my type of update, but I hope you guys enjoy it. ;)

Now lets see what Clan Citadels got...

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Is it a pain making them though?

I don't think it's a pain, but even despite the high hits you'll kill less per hour if you continually make them. I think Ranged is considerable there but since you have to pay close attention to where you place yourself, melee is probably just easier. If you safespot and protect from magic the mutant jadinkos will control the vines in the ceiling to whip you. They don't do much damage unless there are more than 2 on you at once... However, they said that skillers can help fighters out (in the BTS?) and this is certainly true in that someone else can just cut the vines near you and you won't take any damage.

2dgucz6.png

I don't think it's a pain, but even despite the high hits you'll kill less per hour if you continually make them. I think Ranged is considerable there but since you have to pay close attention to where you place yourself, melee is probably just easier. If you safespot and protect from magic the mutant jadinkos will control the vines in the ceiling to whip you. They don't do much damage unless there are more than 2 on you at once... However, they said that skillers can help fighters out (in the BTS?) and this is certainly true in that someone else can just cut the vines near you and you won't take any damage.

Though asking a random player in RS to help you (that random player being the skiller that would cut the vines) is likely to get the response "Sure, I'll do it for 1M."

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Though asking a random player in RS to help you (that random player being the skiller that would cut the vines) is likely to get the response "Sure, I'll do it for 1M."

Unfortunately yeah lol, and most fighters aren't going to bother ranging that way anyway, but there are actually people training the relevant skills there (for the time being..) who might just do it for free!

2dgucz6.png

Sorry for the late reply, I've got some pictures of Sagaie hits from earlier. Tried out Bolas in Castle Wars too, it's amazing. Freezes people for 20 seconds (10 if they're praying ranged) and its accuracy is based on your ranged attack + the opponent's range defence. As a result, if you have a barrager and someone with Bolas on your team, people stand almost no chance as they can't have high Magic defence and high Ranged defence at once. A friend of mine who's really into Castle Wars hated them when he first heard about them, but now that he's tried using them, he loves them. :rolleyes:

It's nice to finally have a reliable, repeatable way of freezing without Magic too (ZGS is once per 60%, Jade bolts are ridiculously unreliable and only freeze for 5 seconds), I can see it being extremely useful for bosses like Zilyana and PvP, especially in conjunction with the vine whip or Sagaie, where you don't want your opponents to move. :P

sagaie.png

81642053.png

glitchn.png

I'm pretty sure 500 is possible without void on Mutated Males, I hit 490+ three times but didn't manage a 500. Obviously, you'd hit higher with void or ontask with a focus sight, but I didn't try with either. :P

10xy5fk.png

I'm expecting the whip vine to settle around 500k. It's a necessary addition for serious slayers who haven't gotten 80 dungeoneering yet, however, it doesn't seem to be entirely rare and isn't exactly the most game breaking item. Jadinko's Lair is pretty great overall; I'll be interested to see if any competitive(experience rate wise) training methods arise from this update.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Possibly ridiculous question, Has anyone tried using sagaies on corp? Examine says they are spears, so maybe they will do full damage.

Funny. I was just thinking the same thing. But I doubt they'll work. Segaies aren't exactly game breaking, anyway.

Edit: Also, I fully expect Jagex to go back and make the vine whip a lot better in some way, either by upping the stats or changing the special in some way. Jagex has a knack for tweaking weapons after they're introduced into the game.

...Of course, I'd prefer if Jagex just left it alone and let all the melee'ers cry, but how often does that happen?

It's not a bad addition when it hits a reasonable price. People pay 3.5m for +4m str bonus for a ring....

People pay 20M for +2 strength legs. Yet I see people at the G.E. whining that the whip vine is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE to justify the +2 strength bonus it gives. When I tell them that tassets are only +2 strength and are 20M they tell me it's totally different. When I tell them the vine whip doesn't even take up an equipment slot they tell me to STFU.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Possibly ridiculous question, Has anyone tried using sagaies on corp? Examine says they are spears, so maybe they will do full damage.

Funny. I was just thinking the same thing. But I doubt they'll work. Segaies aren't exactly game breaking, anyway.

Edit: Also, I fully expect Jagex to go back and make the vine whip a lot better in some way, either by upping the stats or changing the special in some way. Jagex has a knack for tweaking weapons after they're introduced into the game.

...Of course, I'd prefer if Jagex just left it alone and let all the melee'ers cry, but how often does that happen?

You've said this three times now...

I don't think they'll update it, simply because they seem to have the mindset of doing the bare minimum to get by these days. Fixing it requires unnecessary work, so I doubt they'll bother.

td2sig.jpg

It's not a bad addition when it hits a reasonable price. People pay 3.5m for +4m str bonus for a ring....

People pay 20M for +2 strength legs. Yet I see people at the G.E. whining that the whip vine is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE to justify the +2 strength bonus it gives. When I tell them that tassets are only +2 strength and are 20M they tell me it's totally different. When I tell them the vine whip doesn't even take up an equipment slot they tell me to STFU.

Ya it's really not totally unreasonable for it to be around 500k. Only because chaotics still beat it by a lot...

Used bolas in addition to my normal ranging at CW for 5 games...

I'm gonna have to say they're gamebreaking.

And I'm loving it.

Now we have to worry about magic defence and range defence? Good freakin' luck.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

You've said this three times now...

Glad you noticed :thumbsup:

I don't think they'll update it, simply because they seem to have the mindset of doing the bare minimum to get by these days. Fixing it requires unnecessary work, so I doubt they'll bother.

They will, simply because it's a melee weapon. You can count on it.

Used bolas in addition to my normal ranging at CW for 5 games...

I'm gonna have to say they're gamebreaking.

And I'm loving it.

Now we have to worry about magic defence and range defence? Good freakin' luck.

I'd say you would've had to have worried about that before anyway.

Punchin' holes in Bandos & DFS's all day erryday! :shades:

I'm pretty sure Sagaie are worthless except for fighting the things that drop the materials, and even then...

2dgucz6.png

Ok, so i read the whole thread, a few questions. Wc / Fm xph (as a whole, not wc is this per hour while cutting, then fm is this per hour for the burnable stuff i get while lighting it while it lasts).

Anyone that's killed a fair few of them, fletch xp/h for making bolas / sagaie's, while the supplies last? If the slayer is eventually good enough xp/h there, if i get some free fletching banked thats quick i wouldn't mind. :)

Logs / herbs / other minor drops: Are they comparable to icewyrms in their junkier drops? Do the drops pay for supplies etc, without you relying on the whip accessory for any sort of profit there? Or are they just total trash drops hardly worth the time it takes to pick them up.

Logs / herbs / other minor drops: Are they comparable to icewyrms in their junkier drops? Do the drops pay for supplies etc, without you relying on the whip accessory for any sort of profit there? Or are they just total trash drops hardly worth the time it takes to pick them up.

Nope, nowhere near comparable. You may make 200k of a task because of Mahogony logs but thats it. Nowhere near the 800k-1m+ from an Ice Stryke task

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

You can get woodcutting strange rocks here which is a great bonus. If you can get fm and fletch stones as well from the vines i'll come back here every week.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Imagine for a second jagex never released dungeoneering, there was no chaotics and whip was still the best dps weapon, and this update was released. How much do you think the whip vine would go for then? Answer: A hell of a lot. People are willing to pay a lot for the bonus of zerker ring and bandos and such because they are undeniably the best choice for that equip slot. Because we have rapier and other chaotics which outclass the whip in every way, that's the only reason these things are seen as overpriced. Because anyone who cares enough to pay top dollar for a few str bonus would get a chaotic. So the whip vine is inferior and pretty much pointless, except for the niche market of lazy people who refuse to dunge but have money to blow.

Bbk.png

Imagine for a second jagex never released dungeoneering, there was no chaotics and whip was still the best dps weapon, and this update was released. How much do you think the whip vine would go for then? Answer: A hell of a lot. People are willing to pay a lot for the bonus of zerker ring and bandos and such because they are undeniably the best choice for that equip slot. Because we have rapier and other chaotics which outclass the whip in every way, that's the only reason these things are seen as overpriced. Because anyone who cares enough to pay top dollar for a few str bonus would get a chaotic. So the whip vine is inferior and pretty much pointless, except for the niche market of lazy people who refuse to dunge but have money to blow.

It wouldn't be worth too much even in that case, but it's useless to even think of such a situation. Bandos is the best undegradeable melee armor that has strength and prayer bonus, dropped by a boss monster. Berserker rings have 2x the strength increase(and nearly 2x dps increase) and are dropped by a boss monster. Every ~82 slayer newb can kill these things, and you need 80 slayer to even use it(=they'll probably try to get one themselves).

I did another one hour trip there. The place has cleared out considerably, and i was able to slay at near max pace. Got 16 blue charms in that hour, so that seems very decent. Their other drops are horrible, and you'll lose ALOT of time if you pick up any of the 100% drops. The whip vine is already down to about 7m so.... eh.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.