Your bad habits... in Runescape.

Hugger_88

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost always public off, because all those talkers make me read what they wrote and this messes everything up. I think that I have been public off for a month straight easily. I got addicted in 2007 I guess.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

I'm very impatient so when I want to sell something I'll put it at a pretty low price just so it sells quicker. It's the same thing when buying something, I'll put in a huge offer just so I can get that item a few minutes quicker.

I'm also a shopaholic. My cash has never really been green because everytime it comes anywhere close to that colour, I spend it on something - usually skills. People are always suprised when they hear how poor I am, but I can never have too much cash in my bank. To me, it has to be spent!

Also, when I first started playing RS I used to examine everything. I was always interested in what every little thing was, but thankfully I've stopped that now.

Angury.png

I've noticed that these bad habits stay, I left for about 3 years and have just started playing again and still do things. Most have already been mentioned.

-The need to have full prayer

-Right clicking everything, could be a passing person, a monster or the tree I'm cutting

-Feeling the need to collect everything and anything monsters drop

-Organisation; my bank having placeholders or things having their place, inventory, charms along the bottom and for some reason runes vertical down the right side as far away from anything clickable as possible

-The need to have 'correct' numbers of certain things, for example when smelting having the exact amount of coal I'll need or firemaking having the exact amount of logs + placeholder for the next level

-Reading forums when playing and drastically reducing xp/h

-Searching anyone that hangs around long enough when skilling on highscores

-When skilling (P2P) wearing weight saving equipment as if it makes a much bigger difference

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Well most of what you guys said also applies to me, also when i want to do a new quest i check out the quest guide here on Tip.it, if the walk-through for a certain quest is too long i simply ignore doing that quest!

Cybermullet.png

I'm 100% f2p.

Makes sense..think about it.

WqvZe.png

92 Fishing | 92 Firemaking | 92 Dungeoneering | 99 Cooking

100% FTP | 800+ Total | 19 Combat

Optima dies.. prima fugit. .::. Forever a Harpy

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a bad thing, or just an idiosyncrasy, but one of my 3 big things in RuneScape is costumes. Unless I am in high end combat, I will routinely sacrifice some functionality in favor of an ensemble that compliments itself. I also have an incredible amount of bank space dedicated to costume pieces (both actuall costumes, and just items I like the look of), which I know is pointless because there are actually only a couple outfits I ever wear to in game parties. Well equipped for a theme party though if one of those ever crops up.

I guess my Habit is kind of useful...I have never filled my bank. If the amount of items in it goes past 400, which is extremely rare, I have a panic clear out of it so I don't fill it. If I ever fill it, I'd possibly lose what little of my sanity is left.

I also have a new habit of Alching anything that has an increased value through doing so, though I never consider the cost of the runes I use.

I consider the bank thing a good thing imo. You need to set a limit somewhere. Once you hit over 400, that almost certainly means you have too much crap in your bank. Unless you want your bank filled for ZMI (which I've done on more then one occasion) or are one of those people that collect hundreds of effigies. I recently cleared my bank out of stuff, mainly stuff that, altho useful, I can easily buy back if I actually want it. I also have a tab filled almost exclusive with semi-hard to obtain junk that is utterly useless lol.

And I suppose not selling my h'ween for prayer/herblore is a bad idea lol.

I keep alot of items from quests. Still have my bullroarer, fishbowl helmet, sleds, etc. I also have a stack of crushed gems in hopes of jagex discontinueing them :P

Some of those are actually useful though and are likely to be part of future quests. Besides who doesnt like sledding every now and then and grabbing some trollwiess flowers :P

I am sad that I don't have my sled :(

I need to get it back sometime.

Also, if I want something now, I'll often fall into the trap of overpaying for it. Honestly, it's worth it sometimes. Sometimes the GE price can be too far off the actual price. I won't do this for really expensive items tho.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I have the opposite problem to a lot of you, when I'm buying something on ge that costs like 1m or more I always try to pay as low as I can so I end up taking ages to buy/sell stuff I make a low offer and if it doesn't buy in a couple of mins then I'll up it a bit and so on until it buys and vice versa for selling.

Another one is I'm either too motivated or not at all, I'll either be completely into rs and playing efficiently putting a lot of hours in and getting xp as fast as possible, or I'll only log in like an hour a week just to talk to people or check out updates and not be interested in skilling, I should find a balance between the two but I can't.

& Im still used to the old 30 second inactivity timer from years ago I forget its 5 mins now, if I'm doing something like fishing rocktails I'l move the camera constantly so I don't log out

Bbk.png

I'm always trying to keep my Attack & Strength at +- the same xp. It just looks better in the hiscores, even though nobody looks at it :P

I just looked at it, but it's kinda weird with the def stuck in between.

Staurolite.png

I'm really bad about standing idle for entirely too long reading other forums or something else. That type of thing severally cuts into my exp rates, which I shoot for because I am the type of person that loves grinding skills but unfortunately have a hard time staying focused.

Vit0c0rleone.png

My main issue is screwing around. Exploring areas I've gone through before, etc. Like if going to Lletya I will for no reason take the route from Tree Gnome Village to Lletya using the Prisoner of Glouphrie cave instead of teleporting.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

I do a lot of bank standing.

I hate having less than full prayer/summoning.

My bank is semi-organized, but I always just dump crap wherever thinking I'll clean it later.

I set ridiculous goals that I never follow through with.

I go AFK a lot while reading forums (I've died three times in LRC in the past two weeks).

I try to save almost every gem I get, whether from MTK, mining, drops, Magpie, etc. (I have a stack of each in my bank).

I know I have more, but I'm too tired to think.

Deathlord920.png

I hate having less than full prayer/summoning.

Ding! Ding! Ding! This is me to a tee. Immediately after leaving combat, my FIRST objective after banking is to restore my prayer and summoning points to max levels.

Also - my bank is THOROUGHLY organized. Everything in it's place and place for every little thing. Each time I bank, I make sure that everything goes back in its applicable space.

:unsure:

nyuseg.png