Your bad habits... in Runescape.

Hugger_88

Don't have to be exactly bad habits, but just little quirks you have in Runescape.

Share and discuss all of your habits! Maybe find a new thing to do, or a way to break what you dont like.

Some of mine: I examine nearly EVERYTHING I see. I have a bad habit of wanting something quick in the GE, and spamming +5% until its some rediculous amount.

Share some of yours, I'm interested to hear some :D

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pick up close to every monster drop. I suffer severely from packratitis :D

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

I do the 5% thing when I need something pronto, though it's not really a bad thing, since your getting it at the price people are selling for.

My bad habits include: ignoring friend's messages when I'm in the zone doing an intensive skill/activity, moving the screen around when doing agility(i get a perfect static angle for Gnome Advanced and I end up moving it every 10 minutes), and getting inspired to train something or buy something, then quitting/selling shortly after.

Also, this isn't exactly a bad habit but, pyrelord double line firemaking is really hard to get used to after normal firemaking.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Staking... I can't stop. I had a good run at it a few months ago an made a load of money from it. Spent it on skills, and now any time I get a bit of cash I run off to the arena hoping to make it big again. Before I started staking I enjoyed boss hunting quite a bit as a way to make cash, but now if I ever start to consider going to a boss I never go through with it because I feel like I could make money faster at the arena, though it doesn't always work that way (went there with 15M two days ago and lost it all, though I got back up to 1M last night and went to the arena and turned it into 20M in a matter of minutes).

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I feel compelled to use/wear sets of things.

Say I could afford or get a free loan from a friend of something like Armadyl Chestplate for use in Castle Wars. If I can't get ahold of the legs too, I'd rather stick with just some variant of D'hide top/chaps.

Also things like... I feel like I have to either use Fury-EEKS-Onyx(I)-BarrowsGloves or RangeAmulet-UnholyBook-Archer(I)-MercGloves.

Also I will not wear Snakeskin Boots... Lol.

2dgucz6.png

Bad habits include the aforementioned packrattitis. I pick up everything that lies on the ground. I search the seed piles droped by master farmer thieves in Draynor, random drop piles in banks/G.E. and coin drops other players leave behind Do I have a huge, cluttered bank? Sure do.

The "worst" habit is inefficiency. I play for fun, in my case that involves a lot of (semi-)DIY. I hardly ever "make money" by camping monsters, my main source of income is slayer. I can't be bothered to merch or flip. Buying staffs, seaweed, sand and pineapples adds a little to it. Once in a while I spend some on herblore seconds, summoning seconds etc. I farm my own herbs for herblore, etc etc. It gets me nowhere, but at least I enjoy it that way.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

...Playing.

But in all seriousness, getting lazy and settling for something which doesn't suit my desires. I.E., using a Brackish Blade instead of Dg'ing for a rapier.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

My bad habit.

Everything I sell in ge, I always put it for 5/10% cheaper then mid because I would be too lazy to take it out and put it back in if it didn't sell at mid.

Same thing with stuff I buy, but 5/10% more expensive.

I do this too. Sometimes I know that an item won't go for 10% or so under (because I've sold the same item recently and it didn't sell at 10% under), so I put it in to sell for like 30-40% under just to make sure that I don't have to make any extra effort in canceling the offer and putting it back in.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I'm really bad about sets of items also. I'm a RS fashion statement <.<

Needless to say, I stay lookin' fly. *pops collar*

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

I guess my Habit is kind of useful...I have never filled my bank. If the amount of items in it goes past 400, which is extremely rare, I have a panic clear out of it so I don't fill it. If I ever fill it, I'd possibly lose what little of my sanity is left.

I also have a new habit of Alching anything that has an increased value through doing so, though I never consider the cost of the runes I use.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

My bad habits are quite harmful to skilling... I sit at my bank and just stare for 15 mins, go read tif/tipit ect (Kind of like right now...), and go back to rs, bored.

I then proceed to spend my whole cash-pile (quite small) on an item(s) I rarely use for a skill I barely train. I.E. D hatchet when I haven't trained WC in ages (or plan on it), or armor for slayer, when I do 5 tasks a month.

debian.png

I do the 5% GE thing on everything that doesn't sell on mid. Sometimes I don't even bother trying to buy it on mid. Doesn't matter what it is or when I need it; I always want it as soon as I put an offer in for it. Just impatient I guess >.<.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

You guys are the reason flipping makes so much profit :) keep it up. My bad habit is prolly always multitasking when I'm playing, forums/xbox etc and slowing down my xp per hour

Bbk.png

I leave too many quests unfinished. If you look at my alog you'll see what I mean. I've been questing a bit recently, but I want my "Started" tab to be empty!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

My bad habit is being overly focused on skills and not paying enough attention to what friends want. Also this runs a problem with farm runs. Farm runs break the monotony of training and that annoys me.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Unless I've checked on the price on something beforehand for a big transaction I always sell at -5% and buy at +5%. Probably my weirdest habit is making sure that my inventory is sorted, as in all of the herbs/armor/charms/whatever are next to each other and in some kind of group or pattern so that it looks nice, slows my tasks down quite a bit but oh well.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

On a slayer task, I tend to put anything non-consumable (Slayer ring, spec wep, bonecrusher, and most potions as an odd exception) at the top of my invo, with consumables (summoning pouches, scrolls, alch runes, summoning potions, gem bag as another odd exception) at the bottom. I do not know why.

Also when I'm training a skill that needs a lot of supplies well above the GE's 4 hour limit (Prayer, Construction, etc.) I tend to wait for all of the items to buy before I even start training even if it's impossible for me to use up the ones I have already in 4 hours. It just feels weird otherwise.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Always spend my money once I have like 10m. If I buy a lot of an item then I have no problem keeping that in my bank but if it's money then I can't resist spending it.

Also I usually forget to bring bonecrusher/herbicide to slayer tasks

Probably my weirdest habit is making sure that my inventory is sorted, as in all of the herbs/armor/charms/whatever are next to each other and in some kind of group or pattern so that it looks nice, slows my tasks down quite a bit but oh well.

Rofl, this.

It especially sucks when I use up pots, and I have to drop the vials, which empties up inventory spaces at the top. Then I have to move each pot up to make it look nice.

Staurolite.png

Probably my weirdest habit is making sure that my inventory is sorted, as in all of the herbs/armor/charms/whatever are next to each other and in some kind of group or pattern so that it looks nice, slows my tasks down quite a bit but oh well.

Rofl, this.

It especially sucks when I use up pots, and I have to drop the vials, which empties up inventory spaces at the top. Then I have to move each pot up to make it look nice.

Yeah, especially if it messes up orders of other pots too, I also like to keep certain things in the top 4/6 spots and I'll bring things I don't really need just so there isn't an extra empty space.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots