Your bad habits... in Runescape.

Hugger_88

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably my weirdest habit is making sure that my inventory is sorted, as in all of the herbs/armor/charms/whatever are next to each other and in some kind of group or pattern so that it looks nice, slows my tasks down quite a bit but oh well.

Rofl, this.

It especially sucks when I use up pots, and I have to drop the vials, which empties up inventory spaces at the top. Then I have to move each pot up to make it look nice.

Yeah, especially if it messes up orders of other pots too, I also like to keep certain things in the top 4/6 spots and I'll bring things I don't really need just so there isn't an extra empty space.

This :( I will sacrifice inventory spaces if everything isn't nice and neat for slaying or whatever I'm doing :P

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Probably my weirdest habit is making sure that my inventory is sorted, as in all of the herbs/armor/charms/whatever are next to each other and in some kind of group or pattern so that it looks nice, slows my tasks down quite a bit but oh well.

This is me, as well. I have to be organized, even though my bank is a mess.

I also have to wear very specific outfits for different things. I have a different outfit for each skill in F2P and 3 different hats (skull hat, woolly hat and black wizard hat) for melee combat.

My bad habits in Runescape are ~ I must have 2 of everything and my other bad habit is it drives me crazy if my Player own House is not up to standards.

I want all capes, all treasure rewards etc.. in my POH. A Completed home makes me happy. :razz:

queenvalerie.png

Rofl, this.

It especially sucks when I use up pots, and I have to drop the vials, which empties up inventory spaces at the top. Then I have to move each pot up to make it look nice.

Yeah, especially if it messes up orders of other pots too, I also like to keep certain things in the top 4/6 spots and I'll bring things I don't really need just so there isn't an extra empty space.

Charms must obviously be in the bottom four spots, in order gold-green-crimson-blue. :razz:

My bad habits:

Very [bleep]ing lazy. Even if I'm at the Varrock west bank, I'll teleport to the Grand Exchange to save the walk.

I go overkill on everything. Used God knows how many overloads... Getting my quest cape. I'll even overload before and during clues.

Won't pick up a single monster drop unless it's a rare boss drop.

Have a bad spending habit. Seem to have an obsession with divines, virtus, pernix, and red phats... <3:

09144a99bb.png

I guess a better way of putting it would be what are our quirks in RuneScape? :P

• I have this aversion of having a 4 in any of my stuff or skills' xp. Not so much now though.
  • I pick up nearly every drop, learning from F2P how much these would add up over time.
  • I organize my inventory of drops while slaying monsters, like charms (Gold to Green to Crimson to Red), runes (alphabetical order), and herbs (by level or worth).
  • I used to run off immediately to do a clue scroll every time I got one as a drop with the suspicion that the reward will suck more as more time passes. :P Not so much now though unless it was an elite.
  • I obsess over keeping my bank organized, regardless of the skill I'm training. EVERYTHING MUST BE ORGANIZED WHEN I PUT THINGS BACK IN! :ohnoes: :oops:

My bad habits:

Very [bleep]ing lazy. Even if I'm at the Varrock west bank, I'll teleport to the Grand Exchange to save the walk.

I go overkill on everything. Used God knows how many overloads... Getting my quest cape. I'll even overload before and during clues.

I do both of these. Just earlier today I realised that I had no elf crystals for teleporting to lleyeta, so I grabbed my full void melee, rapier, firecape, 3 overloads, and like 10 prayerpots and sat there killing them for an hour. Overloads were completely un-needed seeing as how they were getting 2-3 hit left and right, but I kept redosing every time they ran out....

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I pick up every gem drop. I always have a gem bag on me when slaying. I also never sell gems. The same goes for crystal keys, dragon spears, shield halves, dragon medium helmets, dragonstones and grapes (from guards).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I thought I was the only one who compulsively sorted my inventory. I do the same when cutting ivy, nests on the left two columns, seeds on the top of the right two, and rings on the bottom. Eggs I don't bother opening because you already know what's in them.

I also hate leaving slayer drops on the ground, especially stackables like seeds.

I hate spending money on skills, so I tend to go for slower methods that profit or at least break even. That's why I'll probably never get my construction level up.

I guess my Habit is kind of useful...I have never filled my bank. If the amount of items in it goes past 400, which is extremely rare, I have a panic clear out of it so I don't fill it. If I ever fill it, I'd possibly lose what little of my sanity is left.

I also have a new habit of Alching anything that has an increased value through doing so, though I never consider the cost of the runes I use.

I do this too, I've been filling my bank so I can ZMI runecraft but I normally keep only the bare essentials.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Examining everything and picking up nearly everything. My bank is cluttered with so much junk ;\

Edit: Actually, for no real reason, for the longest time, I had to have my cash pile end in either a zero or a five. So I'd typically end up withdrawing something like two or three coins and dropping it on the ground just to keep my cash ending in a multiple of five. Don't do so much anymore, though.

Examine everything

Check everyone's name

Pick up everything (gems, javelins, gold charms if i have room, etc)

Collect almost everything (seeds, rune items, etc) Even keep kingdom going forever and collect peng points till I have to use.

When slaying my pots are at top, then gembag, slayer ring, etc

Charms are sorted at bottom same with runes, etc

Sell everything -5% buy everything +5%

Extremely messy bank, cluttered

Always try to do most of my dailies

Have a tendency to do things at the last minute (pengs, circus ..this oddly works for real life too) :(

If i start something I usually stick to it for a while, but starting usually takes a while as well :/

I never have cash, I always spend it on things I need. (shards right now)

Always triple checking I have everything for my tasks, wearing the right thing, etc

I never try to XP waste

Trying to get certain xp before I log off , even if it's just going to the washroom haha

Having my daily prayer that I get lots of effigies that day.

Probably more..

p.s last one was a joke ;)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

My bank is filled sentimental items that I believe I will use sometime. My bank has been at negative space many times even though I'm very organized and not a big collector in real life.

I pick up nearly everything I have stack of in my bank.

I right click people's names a lot.

I wear items specifically for cosmic value a lot of the time.

I collect large stacks of items for my pleasure even if I never use them and they're worth a lot if I were to sell.

I don't sell any big boss drop I get myself (I have a lot of dragon axes to say the least).

There's plenty more, but one big thing is my need to be fashionable while training.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I also suffer from Packratitis. I keep items that have sentimental value to me, and keep complete pointless stuff. I have a cabbage N0valyfe personally traded me in 2006, transferred through 3 accounts in my bank on Hugger right now. I have a pirate hat my TIF buddy Neishc gave me the day before F/T.

I'm also really bad about logging in, and completely forgetting about rs.

My worst, is when I'm training and I'm really really into it, I completely turn off my self. When I was working on 99 hunter, the constant clicking to maintain decent xp/hr forced me to not type, and EVERYONE thought I was a bot.

And btw, this thread really took off o.o lol

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

I frequently log in, stare at my bank looking for something to do, and log out, then do it again in a few hours. Sometimes for days until I get some sort of inspiration to do something.

This.

I'm also addicted to obscure items, and my bank is loaded with things that would be useful if there wasn't endgame equipment :razz:

I also have a hard time taking C/C. I'm an aspiring keyer in EoE, and me being hoodless at the moment, I have different guidelines. If I key what I think is a decent floor and Im happy about it, I often get ill when people try to tell me what I could do better.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

If there's ever an item that's a pain to get, either for a quest or something of the sort, I would often hoard it. For instance, one quest required barley [i think] that I didn't have, so I grew like 40 pieces and kept them in my bank for like a year or two just instance the ever-coming occurrence would arrive that I would need them.

I dread spending my money [even though that's what it's for] unless I'm buying an item to flip.

I pick up every drop, even if it's a small coin drop.

Being obsessed with making sure everything is in its right bank slot.

Buying cosmetic outfits for specific skill related tasks.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I have kept almost every single quest item ever, I keep these items in a separate tab, and I only have a few quests left so this is either 1st or 2nd when it comes to which tab is the biggest.

If there is a picture of an inventory, like in a boss hunting guide, I'll always set my invy. up just like the picture.

I always blow a ton of money updating my house.

I turn on/up the volume whenever I level because I like the victorious sound it makes.

I almost always pick "Mystery Box" or whatever it is called for my random event prize.

I like to have outfits that have all items the same color/close to the same style/color.

I always ask for advice from the slayer master after I get a task, even if I've had the task many times before.

I'll often teleport to my house and then use my Varrock portal instead of just teleporting to Varrock.

I always unlight stuff before I put the item in my bank instead of just keeping it lit (don't want the bank to burn).

I sometimes walk around the edge of the Wild with tele grab spells, trying to find lurers that have dropped gold.

I have never and will never change my name.

Probably more, I'm just not thinking of them at the moment. :thumbsup:

When i was little , ages ago like back in rsc and early rs2 i used to make a new account every couple of days, mainly because i didnt like the name i had chosen or i saw someone with a cooler name and tried to copy it, or even if i saw like a mage pure id go OMG I WANT TO MAKE A MAGE PURE and start a new account, then on that mage pure id see a skiller and go OMFG i want to be a skiller and make a new account, etc etc.

Another bad habit of mine is to pay for members and then just sit around doing nothing. ive been doing that for the last 3 years. and i barely play rs. ive gotten like 20m xp in 3 years.

another bad habit is the duel arena, been cleaned 20 times

bllllonz.png