"Members+"

DarkDude

100 posts seems a little low for changing the flood limit. A smart spammer could make a hundred useless posts quick and then go on a rampage.

If someone made ~100 useless posts, we'd be onto them before they finished :P We probably won't be making changes to the flood limit anyway.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Where's my +?

:sad:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Where's my +?

:sad:

GET BACK TO WORK YOU! :P

I have wanted to see this implemented for some time now. Would be great to give the users a little more freedom, while yet limiting potential spam bots. The posting limit now is fine for someone new on the forums. Us who now frequent 5+ broads hate when we get throttled by the post limiter. :(

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

<<<Quote Snip>>>

I have wanted to see this implemented for some time now. Would be great to give the users a little more freedom, while yet limiting potential spam bots. The posting limit now is fine for someone new on the forums. Us who now frequent 5+ broads hate when we get throttled by the post limiter. :(

5+ "broads"??? You frequent that many women??? You cad!!! We shall hang you for this!!! :angry:

(Nah, just kidding! I understand you made a massive typo! :P )

Back on-topic... Since there are concerns about things like the flood limiter, group changes after a certain post count, and all that stuff, might I suggest upping the requirement to go from "Members" into "Members+" to 250 posts or more? It would still blockade spambots, but would alleviate concerns about some spambot slipping far enough through to take advantage of the decreased flood limit timer. :idea:

~D. V. "A joke, and an idea... can't tl;dr this one!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

<<<Quote Snip>>>

5+ "broads"??? You frequent that many women??? You cad!!! We shall hang you for this!!! :angry:

(Nah, just kidding! I understand you made a massive typo! :P )

What typo.... I'm a busy man. :wink: Stepped down from admin for a reason.

N.I.C.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

That means you're changing the restrictions on posting times for a subsequent post?

Perfect for snagging choice posts in Zaap's Blog :thumbup:

you wish.

~LTK: professional npser and original 1k and 2k posts.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Arcane magic happens in my blog, I'm not sure if it'd work.

I didn't even notice until someone brought it to my attention. I don't look on the side. I just read the posts. o_O Oh well, have fun trying out stuff if that's what you want to do!

(Yes, I am making this post as well to get to my + status)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

100 posts seems a little low for changing the flood limit. A smart spammer could make a hundred useless posts quick and then go on a rampage.

If someone made ~100 useless posts, we'd be onto them before they finished :P We probably won't be making changes to the flood limit anyway.

yea 45 second flood limit = 75 minutes for 100 posts.would think any spam bot wuld be noticed faster than tht!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Lol I felt special for about 30 seconds...and then realized everyone was special...lol

Tbh i liked the old posts rank system...members + seem to be an awfully lame rank.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Lol I felt special for about 30 seconds...and then realized everyone was special...lol

Tbh i liked the old posts rank system...members + seem to be an awfully lame rank.

It's not a rank; just a group. And once again, it's probably not a permanent change ;)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Seeing as this is related, how come at the bottom of pages, some members names are italicised?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Seeing as this is related, how come at the bottom of pages, some members names are italicised?

When someone's posting in a topic their name is italicised

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Nice to have two answers :P but who is right?

Jimmy :P Invisible users are displayed with an asterisk next to their names. And only admins can view invisible users - not moderators.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

They're responding to a thread.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Jimmy :P Invisible users are displayed with an asterisk next to their names. And only admins can view invisible users - not moderators.

My bad, must have been phpbb that it was italic for that :P.

If you see an italicised name at the bottom of the post, it's usually because they're in the middle of making a post. You can hover over their name and it will tell you what the board thinks they're doing. This is unrelated to the Members+, but I hope this clears it up for you!

hzvjpwS.gif

My bad, must have been phpbb that it was italic for that :P.

Yeah if memory serves phpbb is inverted (italic for hidden, star for posting)

But for this forum italics deffo = posting

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Do you mean where it shows the active users? If so italicized names just means they are writing a post at the moment.

edit

Just realized I missed a whole page of people who already posted the answer. >.<