Favorite Words

Implying

"Allons-y"

It is something that the Tenth Doctor says all the time. French for "let's go."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_8FEjV6pBo

Okay, so you say it's something from Doctor Who and proceed to post a pony video? Normally that stuff doesn't bother me too much but can't you post WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT?

Yes, I understand it's a pony version but jesus [bleep]ing christ you people can be annoying.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Allons-y"

It is something that the Tenth Doctor says all the time. French for "let's go."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_8FEjV6pBo

Okay, so you say it's something from Doctor Who and proceed to post a pony video? Normally that stuff doesn't bother me too much but can't you post WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT?

Yes, I understand it's a pony version but jesus [bleep]ing christ you people can be annoying.

It is relevant.

It is relevant.

Not really, you could have posted this video instead.

They are the same audio. Am I not correct? The same point is made if you watch either one. I just happened to click on the one that was higher on the list on Youtube.

Anyway... I had to look up "Haberdasher." A button and zipper salesmen? Really?

It is relevant.

They are the same audio. Am I not correct? The same point is made if you watch either one. I just happened to click on the one that was higher on the list on Youtube.

Yes. A haberdasher haberdashes in the haberdashery.

It is relevant.

Yes. A haberdasher haberdashes in the haberdashery.

O.o

I'd like to hear someone say that 10x fast.

Scunnered - To be sick of something/fed up.

I quite like "elaborate" as well. Can you elaborate on your elaborate plan?

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Pain, suffering, hatred, gloomy, despicable, incompetent, melancholy, [bleep]ing, eradicate, entropy, parasitic, grief, disgusting, anguish, dysfunction, unfortunate, foiled, inopportune, and wiggly.

Snow, winter, night, crystal, dream, destiny, fate, melody, sing, wish, fantasy, ocean, time, moon, deep, silence, wonder, hope, pure, white (etc.)

For some reason the word "snow" sounds beautiful in every language I know. Snow itself is really beautiful too.

"Pulchritudinous" is a wonderfully unflattering sounding word that means "beautiful."

And "methinks" is amazing just for being a word.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Pain, suffering, hatred, gloomy, despicable, incompetent, melancholy, [bleep]ing, eradicate, entropy, parasitic, grief, disgusting, anguish, dysfunction, unfortunate, foiled, inopportune, and wiggly.

This was the most depressing list I have ever seen.

Then Wiggly appeared and it made me feel better :grin:

This was the most depressing list I have ever seen.

Then Wiggly appeared and it made me feel better :grin:

You have to admit, some of the negative words have a nice, unique sound to it.

Lately, I've been tacking on phobic words to my list of favorites since the word sounds too funny for the definition, such as aichmophobia (fear of needles/sharp objects).

I'm annoyed I haven't found a decently good list of phobia words yet.

I'm trying to come up with the best sounding sentence I can at the moment.

"The haberdasher defenestrates the ne'er-do-wells" is kind of nice.

Irony.

Mainly because people think I misuse it (and some have the nerve to say I don't know what it means) when I know it actually means something that occurs the opposite of what you expect.

I guess it's one case where I like a word for the instances and history I've had rather than looks, sound, or anything to make it pretty. :P

Discombobulation!!!

Snow, winter, night, crystal, dream, destiny, fate, melody, sing, wish, fantasy, ocean, time, moon, deep, silence, wonder, hope, pure, white (etc.)

For some reason the word "snow" sounds beautiful in every language I know. Snow itself is really beautiful too.

Did you know "snow" sound the exact same as "blood" in Chinese? :P

Staurolite.png