21-Oct-2011 - Bot-Busting and Bonuses For All

Octarine

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they miss launch the update? a countdown generally means the X (bot update) will be released once the Y (countdown timer) reaches 0. Being a computer programmer myself, I don't make timers unless I intend to implement them for their actual use. I hope it comes soon thou... I HAVE CLASS IN NOT TOO LONG!! :(

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Just very annoying, I stopped playing RS to watch the timer go to zero and notice what happens now, but ain't too great atm :s

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

JaGEx Intern: Mr. Gower! Mr. Gower! ... It compiled!

Andrew: Ship it.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Why is everyone waiting for it now? Its not like we are actually going to see a difference for at least 3 weeks anyway.

Personally? The slayer update. id like to see how they think they are fixing the bot problem, but all the bonuses from this udate are top priority in my list

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I don't see the point of a countdown if they're going to be doing it hours later.

They might not be able to do it until the UK game servers are back up. Cut them a LITTLE slack. Lordy.

They're already up. Oh well. Maybe they were delayed by it...IDK.

/issad

hzvjpwS.gif

Why is everyone waiting for it now? Its not like we are actually going to see a difference for at least 3 weeks anyway.

Probs for the triple slay xp

Just saw this from jagex's twitter:

111025133546.png

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I don't see the point of a countdown if they're going to be doing it hours later.

They might not be able to do it until the UK game servers are back up. Cut them a LITTLE slack. Lordy.

/issad

Well, I think that for the future they should be synced better to avoid the backlash when it doesn't happen immediately, etc.

I don't really mind since I have to leave now.

j0xPu5R.png

/issad

Well, I think that for the future they should be synced better to avoid the backlash when it doesn't happen immediately, etc.

I don't really mind since I have to leave now.

The counter was to countdown until the update day, not the specific time. I wonder if they will do a special, cross-server cutscene for this and is just waiting for the servers to be synced. I have a 100 question exam I need to do, but waiting for zero-hour to go down.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Ok well gonna take a bath first, so I'm fresh and clean to enjoy a botfree world ;)

I guess wishful thinking never killed a man :P

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

The counter was to countdown until the update day, not the specific time.

If it was, it would've been done ticking down at midnight.

Either way it doesn't matter. Getting upset about them taking a little more time for this update to roll out is like a spoiled rich kid being upset he didn't get his new pony.

We can wait a little bit to either say our thank-you's or laughter, depending how it all plays out.

edit: o hi bballer I haven't notice you post here in a along time o_O

hzvjpwS.gif

Update = 3x slay xp

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

The counter was to countdown until the update day, not the specific time.

We can wait a little bit to either say our thank-you's or laughter, depending how it all plays out.

edit: o hi bballer I haven't notice you post here in a along time o_O

hai der O.o Been too busy trolling combat arms forums and college. Got a text from twitter about the bot nuke thing and decided to check it out here.

I think if they will do what I think they are going to do, then the bots will be out for a good period of time, but will come back. As with many other games, the cheaters somehow get passed all roadblocks set in front of them. Hopefully this doesn't happen, but we will see.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

Update = 3x slay xp

[hide=THE UPDATE!]rickrolled01.jpg[/hide]

OT: So jagex tweeted that the countdown timer was simply an estimated time to arrival and it may take longer, so why not use a longer timer? People rather things come early: extend the timer 2 hours and then this whole fuss about it wouldnt happen. TBH i still would like to slay a bit before class sooooo ... [/waiting] :wall:

[hide]

Update = 3x slay xp

[/hide]

[hide=THE UPDATE!]rickrolled01.jpg[/hide]

OT: So jagex tweeted that the countdown timer was simply an estimated time to arrival and it may take longer, so why not use a longer timer? People rather things come early: extend the timer 2 hours and then this whole fuss about it wouldnt happen. TBH i still would like to slay a bit before class sooooo ... [/waiting] :wall:

Dramatic effect

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

What backlash?

I think anyone 'ranting' about this is pathetic. Anti-bot update...Better late than never. It's pathetic to [bleep] about them not delivering on time.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Well I am at work today (as per usual) so I am not able to jump right in and see what happens when the nuke goes off. I do intend to attempt to get as much time on the 3x slayer experience as possible this evening.

In the meantime, I am most anxious to see this bot-nuke go off -- and I am equally as anxious about the possibilities of seeing the net results thereof, namely the number of "bannings" and other effects ...

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

Mod Mmg

25-Oct-2011 14:14:11

Sorry for the delay folks, its sizable update being copied to all the Game Worlds which is taking rather long, it may take a further 30~45 minutes to complete.

Thank you for your patience everyone, I expect the wait will be well worth it

[qfc]15-16-677-63289463[/qfc]

If it is taking that long, either is it a whole new client, or someone is torrenting some stuff at Jagex.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

Will if their ban numbers are as accurate as last time when they said 1.5mil botters were banned, it's not worth revealing them.

They 'only' banned around 500K and dunno why theymultiplied that by 3. Ah well, guess jagex wanted a 'multiply by 3'-activity too :P