21-Oct-2011 - Bot-Busting and Bonuses For All

Octarine

Hate to say this three times... I have seen numbers of my mining ranks gone up by 300k ranks and my magic rank increasing dramatically (at least 400k), so that is already 700k bots busted only by bots being higher JUST LOOK: http://runetracker.org/track-wissie,11,2 http://runetracker.org/track-wissie,7,2 (it is bugged because if you are not in the highscores you are rank 0 so that is why it decreased 1,6mil instead of increasing 400k).

So there is the proof of at least half of the 1,5mil.

Well, you have to assume many of those accounts had both magic and mining, so you can't just add the two numbers together. It's still a big number that points toward active action on Jagex's part. Banning of gold farmers and RWT is fine by me. Doing rollbacks on accounts that appear to be for actually playing the game is also fine by me. Real people react to getting spanked like that, gold farmers wouldn't blink at a ban much less a rollback.

That is true, but I also didn't count all the bots that are ranked lower then me ;)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blyaunte, Kaida: I get what you're both talking about. But isn't a roll-back (A good roll-back), not just essentially the same as a ban?

The players stats that they cheated to gain, were completely restored to their original levels? I think a rollback might keep these people playing, but an all-out permanent ban won't. Granted these people have broken rules, but that's been punished. It means their friends lists, etc. aren't completely lost. Things they did earn legitimately, aren't lost.

I'm not for rollbacks, but I think if it doesn't drive more people away from the game then it's a satisfactory replacement for a permanent ban - IMHO.

Thing is Jagex has indicated that they're going to "TARGET" 98% of the bots and that they have "detected and banned over 1.5 million botting and gold-farming accounts" ...

Frankly I have not seen any reduction in botting yet and it's been discussed here that the alleged 1.5 million +/- accounts in question have been merely "tagged" for banning once "Clusterflutterer" comes into effect.

I worry that I may be "reading into this" more than actually is being said here. On the face of it, it appears that a very grand promise is being made, but it's been worded in some double-speak that makes it possible for Jagex to weasel out of these broad claims.

... and yes, I know that they cannot offer solid guarantees ... I mean, really, nothing's 100%, right?

I just have to wonder if they actually genuinely honest-togoodnessly mean what appears to be said here: i.e. that, if they're going to "target" 98% of the bots and BAN those 1.5 million accounts or whether they're going to [kitty]foot around like they usually do, not actually eliminate anything whatsoever, let a percentage of the bots continue unabated, and simply rollback those 1.5 million accounts, or at least whatever percentage of those are P2P ...

Damn it sucks being pessimistic ... <_<

Hate to say this three times... I have seen numbers of my mining ranks gone up by 300k ranks and my magic rank increasing dramatically (at least 400k), so that is already 700k bots busted only by bots being higher JUST LOOK: http://runetracker.org/track-wissie,11,2 http://runetracker.org/track-wissie,7,2 (it is bugged because if you are not in the highscores you are rank 0 so that is why it decreased 1,6mil instead of increasing 400k).

So there is the proof of at least half of the 1,5mil.

I think you would have done better not repeating yourself the first time.

Proof of what? That you've climbed in ranking? Your math doesn't add up.

If they rollback the bots, you'd climb in ranking. If they banned it, you'd climb in ranking too. If you trained it, you'd climb in ranking. Your increased ranks are meaningless.

Let's look at this - http://runetrack.com/averages.php?user=Blyaunte -- I've dropped 463 ranks over-all in the past month. 40 ranks in fishing. If they were banning bots, right now - don't you think some of my ranks would have been affected? Especially something like fishing?

Point is -- and you missed it -- my question is whether or not they really intend on targeting 98% of these bots and "banning" 1.5M accounts as they claim -- and, if they don't, what amount are you willing to consider acceptable.

Frankly, while I suppose I may be willing to accept lesser numbers, I don't think, deep down, I'd be willing to accept "rollbacks", or temporary bans as opposed to permanent banning ...

nyuseg.png

No, you don't get the point I am making. You can see I didn't get any XP when I got those ranks. So that means they did roll-back or banned people. They didn't say what level the bots had, so it doesn't matter if your ranks are not affected because you could simply just be higher then all those bots that are banned.

I was not talking about the question you are now stating, but that you wonder if it is true that they have banned/rolled-back those bots. Sorry if I did misunderstand you, but then it is for all the other people who said that ;)

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

No, you don't get the point I am making. You can see I didn't get any XP when I got those ranks. So that means they did roll-back or banned people. They didn't say what level the bots had, so it doesn't matter if your ranks are not affected because you could simply just be higher then all those bots that are banned.

I was not talking about the question you are now stating, but that you wonder if it is true that they have banned/rolled-back those bots. Sorry if I did misunderstand you, but then it is for all the other people who said that ;)

At 62 magic and 64 mining, you wouldn't need to do much to raise your ranks ...

nyuseg.png

The point is that he did not gain any experience in those stats of his own. By maintaining his stats with 0XP gains, he still went up the few hundred thousand ranks - which imply that ranks above him were removed/reduced.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think what Biyaunte is saying is that you gained experience - 138k in mining, for instance, and thus, you went up your ranks. How many of those are due to your gains and are due to bot bannings would then be questionable.

I mean, not to doubt your claims, but the increases in your mining rank corresponds to your EXP gain pretty well...

Any idea how incredibly WRONG it would be to install spyware software on user's pc's and scan them without our permission?

That would mean every company out there could insert spyware to check for passwords, sensitive information or other personal things.

Except if they made us sign a user agreement where we agree to have it installed. After all, who really reads those things? I'm sure they wouldn't be the first company to install something like that and hide behind the EUA.

So true. But I still don't really think they will handle it this way. Now it just less than a day before this probably hugely game-effecting update comes. And I will throw my guess in: It will be an update that actually removes the bot, by adding some kind of new coding system into the game. It will automatically check the players in some for us noticeable way, but that doesn't disturb us too much. With a fancy algorithm or two.

Let's hope Jagex's plan works.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

We can claim w99 as finally ours (again)

YES!

Sorry, I just wanted to point that out. W99 without bots would be AWESOME :D

(Sorry for double post as well)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

The point is that he did not gain any experience in those stats of his own. By maintaining his stats with 0XP gains, he still went up the few hundred thousand ranks - which imply that ranks above him were removed/reduced.

You didn't check his links, did you girlfriend? :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

You didn't check his links, did you girlfriend? :roll eyes:

Ah sorry lads, I said mining but meant fishing. The link goes to fishing so that is correct.

Retired item crew

runescape-bot-nuke-day.jpg

i just love that picture <3 im considering making it my wallpaper

My attempt at cloning it with a few custom touches.

lPdu2.jpg

If Jagex get the bots stopped, I will actually sell my stockpiles of items (1.6m pure essence bought @ 50 ea, 3m normal essence bought @ 15 ea, and 3m feathers bought @ 5 ea; about 9 months or so ago is when I bought these before I quit hoping this would happen) after they rise in price. Hope to get a good return if I do start playing again.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

If Jagex get the bots stopped, I will actually sell my stockpiles of items (1.6m pure essence bought @ 50 ea, 3m normal essence bought @ 15 ea, and 3m feathers bought @ 5 ea; about 9 months or so ago is when I bought these before I quit hoping this would happen) after they rise in price. Hope to get a good return if I do start playing again.

That's a pretty sweet investment there already! :thumbup:

Good luck! Really hope bots are long gone (and you'll be a rich guy). :)

u5zhkTY.gif

You didn't check his links, did you girlfriend? :rolleyes:

Not quite sure there was any need for that tone. If you'd have just used common sense it was fairly obvious he meant his fishing rank (which was where the link was directed to), not his mining rank. And yes, his graphs back up what he's saying; although there is a minimal increase in his magic experience on Wednesday 10th October, it's not a significant enough increase to explain a rise in his magic rank of 400,000. His fishing graph is even more conclusive, baring in mind he's gained literally zero experience over the past month, but has still seen a significant increase in his fishing rank of just under 300,000.

There's at least around 400,000 data entries simply "disappearing"... that doesn't happen without some kind of intervention. The implication being that that intervention is Jagex banning accounts.

What are reflection and injection bots? How do they work?

It is semi complicated, but here is a TL;DR:

Java, like any programming language, has what are called fields and methods. These allow the internal structure of the program/game/application to interact among the different classes in game.

By using reflection, you can call these methods on demand as your leisure. If you want to know what your player position is, you would simply find the player class, then reflect the getX(), getY(), and getZ(), methods to retrieve this information. You can also set values and activate methods too.

Injection bots basically inject their own bytecode (what Java is interpreted to) instructions to get the data and to perform actions in game.

Some of the bots Jagex banned were spammer bots for gold selling sites and bot sites.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

The counter was way too much propaganda for me.

PRIDE < FALL.

The more hyped up this gets, the less faith I am morally required to place in their best efforts.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

The counter was way too much propaganda for me.

PRIDE < FALL.

The more hyped up this gets, the less faith I am morally required to place in their best efforts.

This is turning in to a good 'ol mw3 hype.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Hype hype hype hype

The day is coming soon - will it actually work or fail miserably?...

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I think I'm more excited for the triple slay XP rather than the Bot-Nuking. However, I do hope Jagex succeed with said nuking.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I think I'm more excited for the triple slay XP rather than the Bot-Nuking. However, I do hope Jagex succeed with said nuking.

If I get a black demon task tomorrow I will be sooo happy lol

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

If I get a black demon task tomorrow I will be sooo happy lol

Amen Liek! Will be the first time I have slayed in almost half a year.

And I have had a black demon task since then too Flare, so I am looking forward to a few hours of slayer tomorrow needless to say. ;)

(not that I need the triple slay exp on my way to max cape...but I think triple % of effigies would be too much too.)

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]