21-Oct-2011 - Bot-Busting and Bonuses For All

Octarine

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found this on a certain forum

"I wouldn't be able to have fun in rs if they get rid of bots. "

some kids are so stupid. reading those forums hurt my brain. ive come to the conclusion all botters are 13 year olds who want to look cool.

In that generalization, I can assume you're 13 because your forum post's stupidity made my brain hurt.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

found this on a certain forum

"I wouldn't be able to have fun in rs if they get rid of bots. "

some kids are so stupid. reading those forums hurt my brain. ive come to the conclusion all botters are 13 year olds who want to look cool.

You gotta see facebook comments on that, and I quote:

Wow, runescape is no fun now, back to black ops
What's the point of playing runescape if you can't bot

And the best one of all:

I only played runescape to bot, no point now

I don't know where these idiots are coming from but wow... Whatever you guys do, don't read facebook comments on updates, unless you wanna feel like if your iq is dropping. If only these bot developers were putting their effort on something else :rolleyes:

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

So apparantly, they're targeting more than just reflection bots as well. The news post says reflection bots because it wasn't written by the developers. It should also target injection bots as well, whatever the crap those are. :P

Page four, second post: [qfc]15-16-791-63289799[/qfc]

What are reflection and injection bots?

As far as I understand it, there are two main ways that the current generation of bots work (previous generation were those that used colors to pick flax, etc.). Reflection, the main one and the easier to implement one, uses a feature of the JAVA programming language that allows a Java application to look into its own code and know what it is doing. When bots tap this, they have access to all of RS's code and can use that to bot. Injection some how pushes outside code into the application, thereby modifying how the application is running at a local level (i.e., injection can't change stats because that would involve Jagex's servers).

Anyone who knows more about this should correct me and/or elaborate further, this is all stuff I've learned in the last ~1.5 hours.

EDIT: Also, if this is as effective as they say it is, and innovative as it would have to be, the team that worked on this should be set for life in the programming world. Immagine putting that on one's programming resume: "I eliminated the majority of bots in Runescape with an innovative new approach."

Flyingjj.png

So apparantly, they're targeting more than just reflection bots as well. The news post says reflection bots because it wasn't written by the developers. It should also target injection bots as well, whatever the crap those are. :P

I'm looking forward to the 64 peng points next week!

It's a max of 48, if you get them both on wednesday(16 points) and thursday(32 points)

Boy, that time in World60pengs will be fun...all the masses turning up to get their points. Will be a rough week for us. Say hello if you see me ;)

Prices on things already going up.

Tsup.

Of course they are, people are posting 'stock up on resources' and 'prices will soar' everywhere, both on RSOF and fansites (including here). There's alot of excitement, it's nearly a hype. Some people are actually selling lower tier rares to scrape together enough money to invest in bulk resources.

Either way, prices will likely crash soon after the update:

- Either it won't have the effect they hoped for, in which case the result speaks for itself.

- If they do get rid of most bots, however, people will be sitting on a huge stockpile of resources they'll be trying to get rid of as fast as possible, hoping to make a quick buck. In this instance, prices will crash before they stabilize and rise again.

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to do Nothing. (Edmund Burke)

I sympathize with those who feel rs is ruined because they can't bot anymore. Botting is like flipping items (lots of rewards with very little time investment), and personally if flipping was gone than rs would feel ruined for me in the same way that it does for them.

Of course botting is against the rules and makes the game less pleasant for people while flipping doesn't.

Prices on things already going up.

Tsup.

Of course they are, people are posting 'stock up on resources' and 'prices will soar' everywhere, both on RSOF and fansites (including here). There's alot of excitement, it's nearly a hype. Some people are actually selling lower tier rares to scrape together enough money to invest in bulk resources.

Either way, prices will likely crash soon after the update:

- Either it won't have the effect they hoped for, in which case the result speaks for itself.

- If they do get rid of most bots, however, people will be sitting on a huge stockpile of resources they'll be trying to get rid of as fast as possible, hoping to make a quick buck. In this instance, prices will crash before they stabilize and rise again.

If bots do disappear, do you think grenwall spikes will reach 1k within three months?

the-graduate-bus.png

I sympathize with those who feel rs is ruined because they can't bot anymore. Botting is like flipping items (lots of rewards with very little time investment), and personally if flipping was gone than rs would feel ruined for me in the same way that it does for them.

Of course botting is against the rules and makes the game less pleasant for people while flipping doesn't.

I can't see any correlation between botting and flipping... :???:

u5zhkTY.gif

I can't see any correlation between botting and flipping... :???:

I don't believe he was claiming there was a correlation, but rather that they share common traits.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

It's a max of 48, if you get them both on wednesday(16 points) and thursday(32 points)

Boy, that time in World60pengs will be fun...all the masses turning up to get their points. Will be a rough week for us. Say hello if you see me ;)

You do this weeks pengs, then wait for them to reset on Wednesday and do them again, then do them again on Thursday's reset. That's 64 points.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I would like to believe this, all of it, I really do. But until I log in on the 25th and really see for myself that there are no bots, I will not fall for it again.

Even if the system is as good as mmg makes it sound like, it has come at least 10 months too late.

(why wasn't such a system implemented much earlier?)

The extra xp and reward..mmm...sure whatever if there are no bots.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I would like to believe this, all of it, I really do. But until I log in on the 25th and really see for myself that there are no bots, I will not fall for it again.

Even if the system is as good as mmg makes it sound like, it has come at least 10 months too late.

(why wasn't such a system implemented much earlier?)

The extra xp and reward..mmm...sure whatever if there are no bots.

Well you're already disappointed, it says 98% of bots. :thumbsup:

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

For me, 98% is close enough to 100%...

However, I could imagine jagex completely failing and 98% of bots remained...

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

My mistake, I thought peng points were tripled as well :( but good luck!

howlin1eeveesig.png

I'm lost for words.

What the [bleep]?

Tuesday can either be a huge day in the history of this game, or a disaster. I'm certain that it will work, so...Wow.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Tuesday can either be a huge day in the history of this game, or a disaster. I'm certain that it will work, so...Wow.

Look at it this way. It can't be a disaster. If they fail, nothing would have changed with the exception of a PR hit. If they succeed, on the other hand...

One good point from rsof - where is mmg pulling these numbers from? 1 million bots banned? those following bots will notice that there really hasn't been much banning for quite a long time. Even the 1-2 month mod chrisso had tracked banned bots - it never peaked past 30k. And now you tell me you banned 1 million? I call bs.

Did they count the bots temp banned 3+ times but still botting? Or people rollbacked as b

'banned'?

I really don't consider a 7-14day temp ban even a real ban...

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

One good point from rsof - where is mmg pulling these numbers from? 1 million bots banned? those following bots will notice that there really hasn't been much banning for quite a long time. Even the 1-2 month mod chrisso had tracked banned bots - it never peaked past 30k. And now you tell me you banned 1 million? I call bs.

Did they count the bots temp banned 3+ times but still botting? Or people rollbacked as b

'banned'?

I really don't consider a 7-14day temp ban even a real ban...

Maybe he means bots that are banned de facto and are just waiting for the update to get banned, technically, they are already banned as they are "marked" for it. I dunno, I guess only time will tell and we gotta have to wait till the actual update to see the real changes.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Looks that way...found a jmod post that says exactly that - they've been detecing and 'saving up' bots...for a mass ban?

Please ffs do some perm banning this time.... Nuking bots =/= giving bots a rollback or a week temp ban.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Don't just break the bots, BAN everyone who's botted! I don't want people to find their bot doesn't work and just walk away with their account and get off scott-free!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Please ffs do some perm banning this time.... Nuking bots =/= giving bots a rollback or a week temp ban.

A-freaking-men! If they continue with rollbacks then they will have simply nullified any effect of Operation ClusterFlutterer.

Lol. 'ClusterFlutterer'. I totally want that as a custom forum rank. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...