21-Oct-2011 - Bot-Busting and Bonuses For All

Octarine

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm personally not too hopeful. Isn't this the same promise they guaranteed us before FT was reinstated?

Also, the bot makers found a way around the frosts update, It kinda seems likely they'll only mess them up for a day or so.

My guess is they're changing how game item IDs will be working in-game, making bots that read them useless for the time being. If this is the case, there should be zero effect on legitimate players.

The slayer XP sounds nice, but we'll see how much time I have to actually slay.

I'm pretty stoked for pengs and getting potentially 3x the points.

I may finally play a game of soul wars too.

I got my outfit and all :P

Now to play the waiting game...

In before their bot nuke weapon actually fires based on your equipment/base clothing :P

*Thinks twice about buying bot costume* :ohnoes:

Bought what I needed to prepare already minus the suit. This should be fun, even if their plan doesn't fulfill what it promises. :P

If this works indeed. I really, really hope that Jagex are right about this. They seem to be more than sure though; 98% is no small percentage! If they really success with removing almost all of the bots in RuneScape this game will change. Forever.

They'd also be doing what no other MMO game (not just pertaining to the RPG genre) has ever achieved, which is what makes it all the more incredulous.

Yes indeed. It seems incredible. But then all of humanity once thought the Earth was flat or at least not round...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Bots gone? Awesome if true.

Triple slayer xp? What? See no point in that and it'll be impossible to slay that day due to all the people there. At least I'll know what not to do that day.

Bonuses for minigames and stuff is a better idea, I just don't understand the logic behind triple slayer xp.

haha by announcing this they let botters know that they should move their items to a mule account

Don't think they would announce it just like that, expecting botters to prepare themselves. If they really have as much info as they claim to, they can just track trades to mule accounts just like they ban people involved on account stealing, when there's absolute proof ofc. My point is, if they made this announcement already, then it is already way too late for people who botted to do anything about it.

As for their claims of banning people, it seems legit, just checked hs looking for people I know of that botted 99s, most missing.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Well, it's the first time in the lifetime of Runescape that they've actually tried to solve the problem from a programming perspective. Their optimism, however, is a bit discerning. It suggests that they're either overconfident - never a good thing - or that they really have something up their sleeves.

I sincerely hope it's not the former. Nothing is infallible.

If they can pull this off...

Looking forward to it. This I guess will make or break it for them. If this blows up, I imagine that a number of people will give up on them ever solving the problem and move on with their lives. That they are announcing this early, rather than launching it behind the scenes to see if it actually works tells me that they have done a metric [bleep] ton of testing, and are sure that this is going to work (at least against the targeted bots).

If this works, I think we should have annual celebrations every year on the 25th :mrgreen:

I probably won't be working on Slayer, Castle Wars, Soul Wars next Week. RUIN the Exp & Rewards.

[inbe4SUOMI200MSlayernextweeklolololololololololol]

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

Bonuses for all?

What about those of us with work/school?

Exactly my thoughts, I work and have midterms everyday next week so I won't have a chance to participate in anything. :/

If this bot nuking strategy works though then that's all that really matters though, no need for all the fancy events.

If this works, I'll buy a year of membership.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

It wont...

It's a technical solution...

Yes, it'll provide the bot developpers with a herculean task to overcome it, but it will not be impossible...

Once the technique has been found how to get a bot working again, the game will be flooded once again...

And why do bot developpers do this? Simply because it is too big of a moneymaker for them...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

If it becomes too difficult for the bot makers to overcome, though, bot makers will probably stop trying and move onto other games.

I'm more interested in the banning. If they curb incoming flow and then smash the bots already present (citing that 1.5 million banned, most of which I guess is going to be f2p), then that will be a pretty decent way to start off the game again.

Definitely interesting. If it works, which I hope, it would feel like playing almost a different game already. :mellow: 98% of bots? How many legitimate players will there be per World? 500? :---)

u5zhkTY.gif

I so hope this works, although I'm doubtful... :pray:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"