• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopes that diary reward doubles/triples drop rate of talon beasts

Drop rate = chance of drops.

Drop improvement = better drops.

derp

Actually the rate is 1/1 for charms now isn't it? Just because it's a completely guaranteed drop doesn't mean you can't make a rate for it like most things have a 1/1 bone drop rate. They could change that to 2-3/1 or whatever if they wanted.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

derp

Actually the rate is 1/1 for charms now isn't it? Just because it's a completely guaranteed drop doesn't mean you can't make a rate for it like most things have a 1/1 bone drop rate. They could change that to 2-3/1 or whatever if they wanted.

Basically thinking this. The rate at which nail beasts even show up is fairly low.

I also wouldn't mind the leggings doubling the XP gained from them. That would be even better :thumbsup:

derp

Basically thinking this. The rate at which nail beasts even show up is fairly low.

I also wouldn't mind the leggings doubling the XP gained from them. That would be even better :thumbsup:

Ugh, now I'm forced to wonder if I should use the charms during BXPW or wait until the diary is released. I seriously doubt they'll have both the same week!

2dgucz6.png

Would bonus things stack with BXPW? Such as Skoll boots?

Far as I can recall they've always said the bonus xp weekend does not stack with existing bonuses. I think it just uses whatever bonus is highest.

It uses the bxpw multiplier, so if you try to do prayer (x3.5) you'll end up losing xp.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I hope I got enough money for firemaking then 16th March.

You could do curly roots. Not quite as much xp as Equal/more xp:hr than magics but and free.

Fixed it.

Only way to best curly roots for pure xp:hr is magic logs with gloves ring and ba horn.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

With the release of the new teleports for F2P, it will finish devaluing F2P magic.

If you reckoned the 'value' of f2p magic by the teleports, then you clearly didn't have much value in it to begin with.

This one didn't reckon the value by just the teleports, Kimberly, but also valued it by combat and other things. At the moment, Melee can easily beat Mage, and even more so in F2P, when it is supposed to be the other way around. This badly devaules Magic, because it makes players feel like they're forced to try Melee to beat another Melee user, instead of using what the Combat Triangle says is correct. Yes, this one has tried to use Magic to beat Melee in F2P, with a 100% loss rate except in Fist Of Guthix. In particular in F2P, due to lack of damage spell power, and holding spell duration. Things are imbalanced in F2P far too heavily, and it should never have become this way.

As for non-combat, non-teleport spells, they should be usable even while a player is on the move. Jagex hasn't rendered this possible, causing Magic users further issues, and therefore further devaluation of the skill. Literally a game and skill that can't keep up with its' users is self-devaluing. Having to go 'step, step, stop, alch, step, step, stop, alch, step, step, stop, alch', etc. (same applies for superheat and such) is not a way to be having to do something that should be possible asynchronously!

So, yes, if you stack on these new non-spell teleport spots, it will pretty much render magic toward obscurity. In a worst-case scenario, you may one day see no one in F2P using Magic, just because of these. That's when the investors controlling Jagex will swoop in and remove yet one more F2P skill. Such loss would damage the Combat Triangle even more, and it would perma-damage Dungeoneering, where it is critical against some opponents. The quest, "The Blood Pact" would be stripped of its' meaning as a tutorial in combat types and applications! Would you really want to see the rage and upset from that? This one would most definitely not.

This is needed, considering f2p doesn't have tele tabs.

No TeleTabs in F2P? That's a definite lie, and this one most certainly knows! Have you even played Great Orb Project and checked out the RuneCrafting Guild Rewards Shop within the same room? If not, you've got a bit to learn. No offense, but get moving... NOW.

Heck, I suspect the range update will disbalance the P2P combat triangle. :wall:

~D. V. "Feeling like Jagex hates this one's favorite combat style..." Devnull

How? Range is supposed to beat Magic. Right now it's extremely difficult for range to beat a max mage. Magic has been on top of the PvP combat triangle for too long.

Don't get torqued off. This one's opinion was based on their 100% F2P experiences. Since before I began playing in F2P, Melee beats all, and Magic never stands a chance outside somewhere like Fist Of Guthix. Literally, we're still overdue for enhancements to F2P Magic Combat abilities.

As for the ease of which one is supposed to beat another, this one would agree that extreme difficulty is beyond far too much. However, putting it to a point where the one supposed to be on the downside will always lose, even if the one on the upside screws up, is not a way in which it should go either. If the one that's supposed to be on the upside screws up, there should be an opening in which the other can win, thereby teaching the one that screwed up a lesson.

In short, this one's hidden point still stands in regard to the matter. Jagex needs to re-equalize the combat triangle, and not just for P2P, but for F2P as well. Just because one group doesn't want to get the levels for things, the rest shouldn't have to suffer the devaluing effects of their behavior. Jagex shouldn't support a tilt toward any combat style either.

~D. V. "Proper pre-balance is what this one calls for from Jagex..." Devnull

(p.s.: Emotes skipped because of how long it has taken to post this. The feeling of forum burnout has reached this one's mind and fingers. And before you go nuts, this post is based on this one's experience and opinions only. Your mileage may vary!)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I agree with most of what you said, but I'm not so sure it would cripple Dungeoneering. Melee is pretty much sufficient there too.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The one that has me nervous is the Citadel one. I won't believe that Jagex has fixed the fundamental problems with resource gathering there (to me, it was how things like the tree discouraged you from talking by needing you to click every couple seconds). If they only made the xp rates better, it still wont be worth it to me.

I am looking forward to the armors the most. I don't care a whole lot for training anymore, but I do enjoy my quests and costumes. This year I will remember to plant my trees a bit earlier, and move myself to the right starting point for BXPW.

The one that has me nervous is the Citadel one. I won't believe that Jagex has fixed the fundamental problems with resource gathering there (to me, it was how things like the tree discouraged you from talking by needing you to click every couple seconds). If they only made the xp rates better, it still wont be worth it to me.

I am looking forward to the armors the most. I don't care a whole lot for training anymore, but I do enjoy my quests and costumes. This year I will remember to plant my trees a bit earlier, and move myself to the right starting point for BXPW.

Tbf to jagex the tree is the worst of a fairly decent bunch for click intensity.

Mine is still a bit intensive but not so bad.

Kiln and Smelter are both highly afkable you click and leave them for a while and chat.

From what I hear Obelisk, Loom and Barbeque are also rather afkable

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This is gonna be a good month.

Clan Fealty

More capes? >.> How about hats, weapons, clothing... Why always the capes? No clan either so 0 care for this one.

Bonus XP Weekend

Meh I don't need those anymore. No choice but to do dg.

Player Armour (Free and Members)

Now we're talking. Can't wait to see how everything looks.

New Loyalty Rewards

Looks cool. The whole concept of loyalty rewards is still fail though.

Bakriminel Bolts

Looks strong but annoying to make. >.>

Gnome Graphical Rework

Don't really go to gnome stronghold much, but OK.

Transport and Navigation (Free and Members)

I have runes, and tabs, so.

Morytania Task Set + Early Bird Bonus

Omg about time you release the damn legs. Finally gonna have the full elite set.

2480+ total

Tbf to jagex the tree is the worst of a fairly decent bunch for click intensity.

Mine is still a bit intensive but not so bad.

Kiln and Smelter are both highly afkable you click and leave them for a while and chat.

From what I hear Obelisk, Loom and Barbeque are also rather afkable

Tree is the most intensive.

Stone is similar, but there's less variation in movement.

Kiln is almost nothing, with more people you don't even have to move.

Furnace is slightly more movement, but it's pretty fast.

Loom has more clicking since your character will stop spinning the wheel every so often, but less moving. It gives an INTENSE amount of crafting exp. Easily the best task.

Summoning gives very low exp. Four spots, only one is active, it changes at a regular interval regardless of what is happening. Very intensive, but can still talk. Limited use means less tedium.

Don't know about cooking yet.

@above post

That's the volume control for voice acting.

8f14270694.jpg

Loom has more clicking since your character will stop spinning the wheel every so often, but less moving. It gives an INTENSE amount of crafting exp. Easily the best task.

The loom is almost as intensive as tree, but without as much movement. You have to click every animation still. (You stop after each batch of xp, unlike kiln, obelisk etc)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014