Behind the Scenes - March

BloodAngel

inb4: Kill a soulgazer and take its hex hunter bow.

Also, I don't see the problem with having multiple task items per equipment slot.

4e0Vn.png

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't jagex mention somewhere that the daemonheim task set will NOT be related to the overworld task sets or outfit.

For me logically daemonheim rewards would be tied only to benefits in there.

I could imagine it being in the vein of:

Easy - +25 ammo bind and ring can cure poison once per floor

Medium - poison cure twice per floor and 1/2 prayer restore per floor

Hard - 1 full prayer restore per floor & ring customisation effects are 2.5% more powerful & Ring can tele to ggs

Elite - Extra bind slot, 2.5% more tokens & ring can tele to personal gs

With tokens being awarded in place of the usual coin rewards & xp lamps collectable from Thok

Extra bind for elite task set would be so awesome, and really overpowered, even if defeating Kal'Ger was one of the requirements along with all the highest tier skill tasks (since you can pot that's not even that hard).

*extra (bleeping) AMMO bind please please please please jagex please

meamzed.png

I imagine a task set for daemonheim is "create a katagon full helm, bovistrangler shortbow, magic potion, etc" for different tiers, or other rather simple tasks. Maybe they'd have requirements to get the journals and diaries and such. I think that muggiwhplar was right about daemonheim being medium-hard-elite-grandmaster, though.

Increased chance of soulgazer spawns? >.<

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

*just more baseless speculation*

It would be cool if the tasks were somehow tied in with the "inner dungeoneering rewards" aka released on the same day, but I agree that kill bosses "x y z" are easy way to tier the tasks based on dungeoneering level.

I wouldn't mind if the Daemonheim task set increased chance of slayer drops/spawns, or added a bind that could only be used on slayer drops... (Obv with fairly high requirements)

Also, an interesting idea is not to give a *free* pray restoration, but increase the cap on pray restore from alters by 1 full restoration.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

*just more baseless speculation*

It would be cool if the tasks were somehow tied in with the "inner dungeoneering rewards" aka released on the same day, but I agree that kill bosses "x y z" are easy way to tier the tasks based on dungeoneering level.

Equip a Primal Platebody, Saggitarian Body, Celestial Robe Top.

I think 113DG (Defeat Kal'Ger the Warmonger) is reasonable for a new bind if they decided to go down that route. 1 50 100 113 120

I'm not saying that's necessarily what's needed but I know that's what most people will want to see lol.

Otherwise it'd probably just be convenience things, like starting out with a TK or allowing two ring settings to be used at once.

Probably some skilling XP boosts

2dgucz6.png

What elite tasks do you guys think we could have for you know... the diary that will actually happen this month

So far I think

Slay an abyssal demon

Renewal from scratch

Runecraft blood runes

Burn a mage pyre? or 500?

Temple trekking characters

Get an item stuffed by the taxidermist? (doubtful but you never know)

Barehand a shark in Burgh de rott? (duplicate task)

Seems there may not be so many elite tasks, not much to be done in that area

Sugar_Nana.png

What elite tasks do you guys think we could have for you know... the diary that will actually happen this month

So far I think

Slay an abyssal demon

Renewal from scratch

Runecraft blood runes

Burn a mage pyre? or 500?

Temple trekking characters

Barehand a shark in Burgh de rott? (duplicate task)

Seems there may not be so many elite tasks, not much to be done in that area

People forget this area is likely to include all the offshore islands in the area.

And there is certainly plenty that can be done in terms of elite stuff looking at the other diaries

Maxing Temple Treking

Becoming vyrelord/lady

Use a ghast familar (kinda repeat but ssh)

Kill Akrisae

Use frost dragon bones on the ectofunctus

Burn a top level shade.

Kill a vyrewatch in the city

Make a high level pouch at the nature grotto

Use the pirate teleport scroll

etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Polypore dungeon is in the region too-- could require you to make a polypore staff, gano equipment, or slay a ganodermic beast

It kinda depends what they take as Morytannia really, based off in-game lore its only stuff on the other side of the Salve and given access routes Polypore isn't in that area.

But it certainly seems like a logical choice, as does Skeletal Horror.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fortunately Jagex said they wouldn't be releasing luck-based tasks, thanks to the Karamja Diary nonsense involving the Gout tuber.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fortunately Jagex said they wouldn't be releasing luck-based tasks, thanks to the Karamja Diary nonsense involving the Gout tuber.

If for some reason they decided to do this I'd be ok. Got 10 Kbd heads sitting in bank lol.

Sylpheed.png

Mos Le Harmless is not in mory in the lore; but logic would dictate mos, harmony, dragontooth, rumdeath etc will all be counted in the area for the diary. Not really anywhere big enough out there for its own diary or anything to tie them together beyond they are all reached via mory.

Trouble Brewing I did wonder about that, they have been wanting to give it a big makeover for a while which would go against it being included (unless they sneak in the overhaul) plus I don't think any other mini-games have been included so far beyond 'play a match'

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Here's a possible reward system: Temporary binds that are lost when you reset prestige. Easy is boots, Medium is boots and gloves, Hard is boots, gloves and necklace while Elite can have boots, gloves, necklace and pants temporarily bound. It's an old idea, but it can't be that overpowered. In addition, it FINALLY brings a reason for boss drops that no one ever binds.

Then again, I don't dungeoneer so maybe I'm wrong and allowing smaller bind items to stay on a current prestige run is too OP.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Here's a possible reward system: Temporary binds that are lost when you reset prestige. Easy is boots, Medium is boots and gloves, Hard is boots, gloves and necklace while Elite can have boots, gloves, necklace and pants temporarily bound. It's an old idea, but it can't be that overpowered. In addition, it FINALLY brings a reason for boss drops that no one ever binds.

Then again, I don't dungeoneer so maybe I'm wrong and allowing smaller bind items to stay on a current prestige run is too OP.

That would be insanely overpowered, as people pointed out to my list it'd be kinda overpowered to have 1 more bind (though all the chatter around it by jmods 1 is prob coming someday) so how on earth is 4 binds, even item specific ones, NOT overpowered?

Within 1-2 large you could probably fill all of the slots and be waaayyyy over armoured.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That would be insanely overpowered, as people pointed out to my list it'd be kinda overpowered to have 1 more bind (though all the chatter around it by jmods 1 is prob coming someday) so how on earth is 4 binds, even item specific ones, NOT overpowered?

Within 1-2 large you could probably fill all of the slots and be waaayyyy over armoured.

Perhaps completing the harder diaries could unlock the extra possible slots for your ONE additional bind. I like the idea of a bind that is destroyed upon reset though

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Perhaps completing the harder diaries could unlock the extra possible slots for your ONE additional bind. I like the idea of a bind that is destroyed upon reset though

Yeah an amalgamation of the two ideas would probably work best.

Eg the extra bind is awarded at medium BUT it is destroyed on reset and can only hold gloves or boots.

At hard it can hold gloves, boots, helm or necklace

At elite it can hold gloves, boots, helm, necklace, shield or legs

Avoided the super useful slots (body and wep) and paired up necklace with helm since people tend to have one or the other of ssh or blood necklace so the average dger only really gains one more option there (though an ssher could bind a helm just for bosses of course, but still that's a limited use)

Also avoided tool type binds since we know dg toolbelt is coming anyway

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'd prefer something like a second ammo bind to an item bind lost on reset. Also because it would allow range + mage hybriding which is currently impossible (another way RS is heavily melee biased).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'd prefer something like a second ammo bind to an item bind lost on reset. Also because it would allow range + mage hybriding which is currently impossible (another way RS is heavily melee biased).

I kinda thought myself would be a nice reward, especially since they want to make range more useful in dg. I mean it does have uses for some bosses certainly, just that in the bulk of dg melee or mage beats it and on most of the bosses where range is ftw you *can* tank through them on melee or range. Granted I've not seen some of the higher bosses but certainly so far in personal experience range is only vital for Necrolord.

I certainly wouldn't mind having 225(? is tht number right) Gorg arrows bound along side my celestial surgebox then just need to make a bow if needed & much easier to make a higher bow as you don't need to sell off logs to get money for arrows. Certainly be pro at higher levels as well having ssh, primal plate, hex hunter, primal 2h with runes and arrows bound (using the generic options).

The one I'm hoping is that dg toolbelt hatchet and pickaxe are *not* limited to level, after all high level picks and hatchets are almost useless atm and not many would really bind them; let any be bound to belt and you can gear up with primal pick and hatchet eventually.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

GE icons have been updated on the rs websites.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101