Behind the Scenes - March

BloodAngel

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:l I thought they said Bandos graphic updates and stuff weren't going to be available till later this year. Not complaining but there's a huge difference between next month and half a year later.

icecube7.jpeg

With the release of the new teleports for F2P, it will finish devaluing F2P magic.

If you reckoned the 'value' of f2p magic by the teleports, then you clearly didn't have much value in it to begin with.

This is needed, considering f2p doesn't have tele tabs.

hzvjpwS.gif

Needs quest.

Still an amazing month. I drooled when I saw the tier 4 wings picture, and at the rest of everything else. Even if I don't care for Bxpw, this is still one amazing month with the updates mentioned. Too bad certain bosses and monsters won't get a rest for awhile...

Heck, I suspect the range update will disbalance the P2P combat triangle. :wall:

~D. V. "Feeling like Jagex hates this one's favorite combat style..." Devnull

How? Range is supposed to beat Magic. Right now it's extremely difficult for range to beat a max mage. Magic has been on top of the PvP combat triangle for too long.

My thoughts on March:

Clan Fealty - Not in a clan, don't care for this update.

BXP Weekend - Expected, no surprises here.

Player Armour - I like this update (although Nex armours didn't really need a revamp).

New loyalty rewards - Not really interested, unless they make a cosmetic aura that doesn't run out, or is Greater JOAT.

Bakriminel Bolts - I don't reach the requirements, no comment there.

Gnome graphical update - Really? It better not be a lag fest. Hopefully they learned how to do it right from the new Tzhaar city.

Transport and Navigation - No comment, I find teleporting less of a hassle.

Morytania Task Set - Interesting update, hopefully rewards for level 3 are somewhat decent (also MOAR LAMPS).

... No quest for this month? Shame.

Should be interesting, and I'm completely stuck as for what to do bxp-wise. :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Gnomes finally get a graphical update, so that's a plus. I don't see anything eye-jarring from this BTS, so it's not a bad looking March.

Then again, most everything that gets players riled up is in "In Other News" anyway, so...yeah.

[EDIT] To above picture: Not a bad look for Green d'hide armor. Overall though the Dragon armor looks too..."ornate"...for my tastes. Also, didn't they mention something about a kiteshield?

Linux User/Enthusiast | Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I'm curious to know what high levels we will need for the elite section of the task update.

Any suggestions?? I'm assuming grow and make your own prayer rens, kill an abby demon (possibly using bane bolts?)

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

I'm curious to know what high levels we will need for the elite section of the task update.

Any suggestions?? I'm assuming grow and make your own prayer rens, kill an abby demon (possibly using bane bolts?)

Complete guesses:

-kill a vyrewatch

-kill all 6/7 barrow brothers

-infuse a bloated leech/other familiar in grotto

-change title to vyrelord/lady

-trap a green a salamander

-use all styles of said salamander

-some sort of Temple Trekking task(s)

-Slayer Tower task(s)

-Shade/vyrewatch burning (start to finish i.e. sanctify oil + logs + remains)

-loot barrows chest

-loot shade chest

-slay Tarn (and/or enchant a salve amulet)

-make another salve amulet

-make an ivandis flail

-make a blisterwood weapon

-repair Mort'ton temple

-worship ectofunctus

-travel to dragontooth isle/braindeath isle

-pray at the salve temple

-slay the skeletal horror

-mine limestone

-use a druid pouch (and/or kill a ghast)

-kill a talon beast/giant snake/giant snail

-craft blood runes

-successfully complete the werewolf agility course

Edited by Silver Eros

Awesome month! Looking forward to it, especially BxpW and task set. :)

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

Tier 4 Auras: Grandmaster - generally a 9% bonus to the normal 3,5,7

Tasks: I've gotten a lot of skills up pretty high recently. Also gotten 594 total level of the followers and all those quests completed. Maybe I will actually be able to do the whole thing upon release.

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

I'm looking forward to the new tasks, gnome graphics, armour graphics and bxpw a bit. The other updates are neutral to me, they don't seem gamebreaking yet. Overall a good month, it's been ages since the last task set (Burthorpe does not count!).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Looks like I do have a reason to do BXP weekend after all (invested into mithril bars and sharks).

I have a good bet "slay an abyssal demon", "maintain temple at 100%" and "Spend ectotokens" will be on the list of tasks, as well as mediocre, but annoying, ones filling up a good chunk of the task list. I hope legs 1-3 won't look too cheesy or weird since it will be in Morytania.

Not only an achievement diary right before my birthday, but it's for the area I wanted the most and not Daemonheim. Very excited.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Couldn't care less about clan fealty or bxpw (birthday weekend, if not, will prolly just burn curly vines lol...), but almost everything else looks terrific! :)

Gotta buy me some Gilded and Zamorak rune lol. They were right, this is probably the biggest update to player kit since RSHD. And if everything is graphically updated, then nothing should inflate, right?

Hopefully I can do the elite Morytania on release, but if you have to grow Morchella, forget it. Still good that they're finally releasing legs to the set!

Grandmaster Corruption? Lol not making the mistake of buying stupid emotes thinking I have "excess" points again. I think the full Dragon picture definitely has T4 and not T3 though.

Grand Tree definitely deserves a makeover. Back in early 2000's that was one of my favorite areas, but they've been pretty much neglected since.

Having many teleports from the same home port would be awesome, as long as they include it in all spellbooks. They didn't add Burthorpe to Ancients.

New bolts already sound overpowered. Ranged takes down mages just fine already with handcannon or broad+ bolts... or even msb, shit lol. I should know since I've been spending all my time barraging in SW. Even level 50s with blue dhide and msb get hits in, which you'd think wouldn't happen at 99 Defence... :rolleyes:

2dgucz6.png