13-Mar-2012 - Loyalty Additions and Lodestone Network

Saradomin_Mage

Loyalty Additions:

A fourth batch of loyalty auras, emotes, titles, recolours and outfits have arrived at Xuan’s store, ready for you to purchase with your Loyalty Points.

Highlights from the Spring/Summer collection include 20 new auras, two of which are brand new. ‘Invigorate’ recharges your special attack at a rate of an additional 20% at tier 1, and an additional 60% at tier 4. ‘Harmony’, meanwhile, is a variation on ‘Corruption’ and ‘Salvation’, with a neat twist of having Guthix-themed wings. For those who have scrimped and saved, we can offer tier 4 versions of all existing auras.

For those who like to skulk moodily in the shadows and scare their friends, we can offer cosmetic auras that make your eyes glow in a choice of 8 colours.

Without ruining the surprise, we can also announce the following additions: another 6 titles, including ‘the Undefeated’; 2 new costumes (a wee hint: if you howl at the moon or you like your ears pointy, you’ll appreciate them); 3 new recolours including options for the Ancient Staff; and 4 new emotes, including the ROFLcopter (you’ll need the ROFL emote to make this beauty work).

The eagle-eyed among you will also spot a permanent price reduction on many auras. If you’ve already purchased and upgraded auras at the old prices, don’t worry; we’ll be applying a Loyalty Point refund to your account within the next few days. There are a fair few accounts to go through, though, so please be patient.

Our current special offers-valid until the 31st of March-are a 50% discount on auras and items from the first Loyalty Programme batch, and 25% off auras and items from the second batch. If you’re owed any Loyalty Points in accordance with the price reduction, you’ll have them in plenty of time to take advantage of these offers!

If you are yet to sign up to the programme, please click here or visit the RuneScape homepage (select "Members Loyalty Programme" from the Account drop-down menu).

Lodestone Network (free and members):

Ancient lodestones have been uncovered at various locations around RuneScape. If you use your Home Teleport spell when you first log in, you will find that you can freely teleport to the following:

Lumbridge

Burthorpe (members only)

Ancient Magicks spellbook location (if you have completed Desert Treasure)

Lunar Magic spellbook location (if you have completed Lunar Diplomacy)

Find and activate more lodestones about RuneScape, and you will be able to unlock them as Home Teleport options. The locations are:

Al Kharid

Ardougne (m)

Catherby (m)

Draynor Village

Edgeville

Falador

Port Sarim

Seers’ Village (m)

Taverley (m)

Varrock

Yanille (m)

Locations marked with an (m) are members only.

A Home Teleport to a lodestone has the same restrictions as the previous Home Teleport: it is comparatively slow to cast, can be interrupted by combat, and cannot be used beyond level 20 Wilderness. The Home Teleport spell can be accessed via any spellbook, allowing you to freely teleport to lodestones using the Ancient Magicks and Lunar spellbook.

Lodestones have been placed a small distance from town centres, to ensure that current teleport methods are still a more efficient (and much faster to cast) option in most situations. This has not stopped us from tweaking existing teleport items, however, to make their teleport locations more convenient. Changes to teleport items include:

Camulet/Cramulet – teleports outside Enakhra’s Temple, closer to the granite quarry

Combat bracelet – teleports slightly closer to the Warriors’ Guild and Champions’ Guild

Necklace of skills – teleports slightly closer to the Fishing Guild, Cooks’ Guild and Crafting Guild

Games necklace – teleports near to Captain Jute of the Troll Invasion

Finally, we've updated the appearance of many of the signposts that show the way around Gielinor, adding clearly visible logos to each and a visual style appropriate to their region.

Mod Raven and Mod Srowley

RuneScape Content Developers

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical:

Routefinding around the swamp north-west of the Gnome Stronghold has been corrected.

Focus sights and hexcrests no longer cause players to have a bald patch.

The proselyte hauberk and cuisse no longer stretch when performing animations.

Female players now wield a chaotic maul correctly whilst wearing a Bandos chestplate.

The fountain of heroes animation has been updated.

The animation for picking herbs from a Farming spot has been updated.

Water is no longer floating above the flower Farming patch near Port Phasmatys.

Familiars being attacked by Night-Gazer Khighorahk no longer play a broken defend animation.

Vyrewatch clothes no longer stretch when sitting as a female player.

A spider web in the Wilderness cannot be walked through without slashing it any more.

Some flickering issues on the surrounding wall of Yanille have been fixed.

The Ardougne clock tower's top floor now appears to be attached to the rest of the building.

The blocked cave at the beginning of Troll Warzone now fits in better with the surrounding wall.

The Dorgesh-Kaan / Keldagrim train stations no longer go bright white with bloom enabled.

Arrg the troll is no longer missing a section of his back.

Quests & Tasks:

Increased damage against Ice Strykewyrms whilst wearing the TokHaar-Kal now functions correctly.

Harrallak's post Ritual of the Mahjarrat chat has been updated to reflect events that happened during the ritual.

A cutscene with Bob the Cat from Tale of Two Cats no longer places the player next to Xuan from Troll Warzone.

The music tracks from The Elder Kiln now all unlock when logging in after completing the quest.

Skills & Minigames:

It is now possible to hear TzTok Jad's / TzRek Jad's attacks when he is out of draw distance range.

Other:

The polypore staff's accurate stance tooltip now reflects that the player will gain Defence XP if they have "Defensive casting" enabled on the Magic interface. It will also now switch to a Defensive stance when switching weapons if on the "Long-range" stance.

Players' toolbelts will now be filled with all non-quest items on logging in.

Cockatrices and basilisks are no longer given as Slayer assignments to players with less than 20 Defence, and wall beasts are no longer assigned to players with less than 5 Defence.

Recoloured and charged slayer full helms now also drop hexcrests and focus sights when dying in PvP combat.

Torva armour can now be recharged for a small price if the item has degraded slightly, but not enough to drop the percentage to below 100%.

It is no longer possible for a clan member to set permissions for another rank that they do not have permission for themselves.

A typo on gaining enough XP for the Jack of Trades aura has been fixed.

Several force-walk tiles around Roddeck's house and Edgeville have been removed.

A gate in Taverley no longer has a broken clickable option on it.

The "Spiced potions", "From Tiny Acorns" and "Lost Her Marbles" recommendations no longer display as incomplete once a player has completed the Herblore Barbarian training and Thieves' Guild side-quests.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loyalty programme is starting to become more of a hindrance I feel... Why can't they just set the price and leave it at that instead of getting people to spend their points, then going through the thousands of memberships to refund some?

I'm not exactly complaining... but I just find it a tad pointless... (no pun intended).

Seems like a cool week though and ima go hunt them loadstones! :D

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Find and activate more lodestones about RuneScape, and you will be able to unlock them as Home Teleport options. The locations are:

Al Kharid

Ardougne (m)

Catherby (m)

Draynor Village

Edgeville

Falador

Port Sarim

Seers’ Village (m)

Taverley (m)

Varrock

Yanille (m)

Locations marked with an (m) are members only.

Well now the Amulet of Glory has been made 75% useless. Farming just became a lot cheaper now that teleport runes are no longer required for many patches.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Not interested in new auras however if someone could post the new titles then I'd be grateful. Got 67k points to spend.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Not interested in new auras however if someone could post the new titles then I'd be grateful. Got 67k points to spend.

The Magnificent: 50k

The Undefeated: 50k

The Strange: 50k

The Divine: 50k

The Fallen: 50k

The Warror: 50k

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

"Players' toolbelts will now be filled with all non-quest items on logging in."

Why do they make this game unnecessarily easier and less realistic? :(

Because life is tedious enough as it is?

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Because life is tedious enough as it is?

Might as well wipe out those implements from existence now eh.

EDIT: Logically, it'd be pretty pointless to have those items as long as they're sitting snuggly in your belt :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Jagex this game isn't realistic enough!

Now if you don't mind, I have to use holy water to destroy a vampire while eating entire shark to immediately heal magic-induced wounds.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Invigorate sounds promising, and new teleports are always welcomed.

But I'm most excited about the discounted existing auras, allowing for cheaper purchases as well as a nice rebate for points already spent!

Edit: If the useful auras get cheap enough, I might eventually have some leftover points for the emotes.

I could make some use of the loadstones, but there isn't really anything in the Loyalty shop in terms of new items to entice me aside from the eye effect items (which are rather overpriced if you ask me). As for the new effects section, why not just make the wing effects on Corurption/Salvation/Harmony auras in that category since most who buy the auras in the first place do it for the wing graphics more than the effects (which I forgot what they were).

I'll save my 12K points and just keep hoarding for the time being. Will get on later to unlock all the lodestone locations.

The labeling of this as the "easy set" makes me think there will be more lodestones in the future.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing...

What are the other auras?

I decided to buy the infernal power emote just because I knew I'd see an income of more points in 15 days plus the refund.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png