13-Mar-2012 - Loyalty Additions and Lodestone Network

Saradomin_Mage

How awesome would it be if they eventually added barrows or gwd lodestones? Or a Tzharr(clear the fight caves) one an obviously the requirement for barrows(loot the chest 100 times) and gwd ones(defeat the 4 bosses,not nex though)would have to be pretty tough. Idk maybe these places would be a little much but I think it would be sweet

Barrows and Tzhaar already have Drakan Medallion and TokKul-Zo (I forgot what it was named) for that. I could see certain Wilderness spots in terms of a hard set (if they decide doing that), but God Wars seems a bit too much since it'd be too convenient.

Yea but aren't there some high req for the quests that unlock those items? Plus they need recharging. Maybe a kbd or mage arena one for something in the wilderness and thinking about it you're right gwd would be a little much.

xByrdman.png

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How awesome would it be if they eventually added barrows or gwd lodestones? Or a Tzharr(clear the fight caves) one an obviously the requirement for barrows(loot the chest 100 times) and gwd ones(defeat the 4 bosses,not nex though)would have to be pretty tough. Idk maybe these places would be a little much but I think it would be sweet

Seriously what the hell WOULD the point of quest and diary teleport item rewards be if you can teleport there with Loadstone system?

you can modify house tablets to go to trollheim...

You have not learned this yet. :( Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. Haha.

You have to talk to the Wise Old man and give him the Miner's diary. You can imagine how pissed off I was after I found out that there were Trollheim tabs and I had done the quest yet had never heard of them. I usually do most of my quests without a guide. <_<

I'd personally agree with the sentiments opposing the lodestone system...

I mean, obviously I find the teleports convenient. But the fact they tried to emphasize how they're not as close or convenient to places shows that Jagex recognizes the potential for making things too easy. And for me, their efforts were not productive - the teleports are useful in their own right for other uses. So in effect, we just have more teleports to get us anywhere without any effort. We're closing in on having a Jmod ability to teleport to any point on RS at will. :P

I don't think it needs to be removed ... but it's trudging a fine line that I don't think should've been approached.

alazsig.png

I like this Lodestone Network. It's offering a minor convenience for players that are doing quests, clues, tasks or penguins. For anyone wanting to seriously skill, they'll use normal teleports via tabs, magic or jewelry as it saves 30 seconds every cycle. That said, like the tool belt, I wish they had attached some sort of task or accomplishment to activate slots. Oh well, chock that up to missed opportunities.

It was mentioned at RS Fest I think, something about a RS Transport Hub where you get access to all the various transport systems in Runescape: Glider, Spirit Tree, Carts, Carpet, Eagle and whatever else I'm forgeting. That'd be a nice addition to the Lode Network. Hope it happens soon.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Fairy rings and balloons. ^

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

kind of disappointed raven put on the t4 wings in someways, I know they aren't supposed to show off content and let the players try it first, although i guess with loyalty we like to know what we're buying :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

You had to go out of the way to reach the balloons (and required certain logs depending on location) while the rings required teleporting in the first place and get to one of the rings. At least the rings are more convenient because it is hardly any effort to teleport to places like Edgeville. The only inconvenience the Lodestones provide is the slightly slow rate and that you have to visit the location to activate the stone prior to be able to get a free teleport there. The big upside the Lodestones have is that their potential for growth is visible in that it's a new update as well as the first set was unlocked.

I want to spark some discussion about potential spots, so anyone have some nice theories in mind?

With the new titles, do they get put on the end of your name and a different colour as the others? such as ....err... "Bobdole123 The Fallen:" ?

There was a thread on rsof for a few months specifically asking for barrows style suffix titles for the next batch of loyalty rewards, so they should definitely be a suffix rather than a prefix.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

With the new titles, do they get put on the end of your name and a different colour as the others? such as ....err... "Bobdole123 The Fallen:" ?

Based on loyalty shop, it looks like it gets placed up front, but it might be misleading and be intended for the back. Since the word is lowercase and there was a competition some months ago about a title contest, they should be on the back.

I like this Lodestone Network. It's offering a minor convenience for players that are doing quests, clues, tasks or penguins. For anyone wanting to seriously skill, they'll use normal teleports via tabs, magic or jewelry as it saves 30 seconds every cycle. That said, like the tool belt, I wish they had attached some sort of task or accomplishment to activate slots. Oh well, chock that up to missed opportunities.

It was mentioned at RS Fest I think, something about a RS Transport Hub where you get access to all the various transport systems in Runescape: Glider, Spirit Tree, Carts, Carpet, Eagle and whatever else I'm forgeting. That'd be a nice addition to the Lode Network. Hope it happens soon.

I think the player-owned house should be that transport hub. We've already got portals, add in a fairy ring to a garden, provide more spots to mount teleport jewellery to various walls, grow a spirit tree in the centre of a formal garden. I don't mind having these things, but I want to get the feeling that I earned them.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think the player-owned house should be that transport hub. We've already got portals, add in a fairy ring to a garden, provide more spots to mount teleport jewellery to various walls, grow a spirit tree in the centre of a formal garden. I don't mind having these things, but I want to get the feeling that I earned them.

I wouldn't mind if it was separate from PoH but you still earned it.

Eg unlocked by a fairly hard quest you find the place and activate a lodestone there and learn of a magic that opens 1 portal to allow 1 transport method through and have to do 1 portal (with each getting progressively harder/costier) to open for each transport you want to add. (Though some can be grouped eg jewellery = 1)

Like you have to farm a spirit tree there in a special way.

You have to use farming and maybe a bit of herblore to cultivate a fairy ring.

You have to use smithing and crafting and mining to bring dwarf carts and perhaps the train there.

You have to use crafting and maybe hunter to create a trail to bring magic carpet.

Then do similar things for balloons and charter ships and a house portal.

Then perhaps have a very high levelled 'zoo' you can make for teleport (and they cannot be removed or provide any other function) familars to be perma housed.

And some sort of statue which you create magic stone copies of jewellery/items on. Eg it has several slots around the neck to embed amulets/necklaces etc and ones of the hands for rings and gloves and it can hold items.

Kind of like you'd need at least 85 or so in most skills to actually unlock it all and it would cost you to do so.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

And where are you going to get a charter ship?

Based on loyalty shop, it looks like it gets placed up front, but it might be misleading and be intended for the back. Since the word is lowercase and there was a competition some months ago about a title contest, they should be on the back.

Any title with "the" should be be a suffix since Mod Raven definitely confirmed that when the title contest was around.

As for the lodestones: I'm not generally opposed to the idea. I would like something like a central hub connecting all transport methods(Although it should fit into the game) and the lodestones aren't too overpowered either. It's just that I feel there should be more requirements on them. Right now, I have to say I'm a bit peeved off that the time I spent on getting 96 mage(Which was pretty much only for spellbook swap to have access to all teles) was more or less wasted and anyone can get that far easier now.

Doesn't mean I don't see the point in it, but yeah, I think there should have been some more requirements on it.

And where are you going to get a charter ship?

Good point.

All I want to do is be able to build whatever the hub turns out to be instead of having it given to me. You unlock these networks bit by bit by doing various quests and raising certain skills, so it would make sense that you would have to do a spot of construction to link them together.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

POH needs a serious overhaul or addition tbh. the Portals havent been touched since the skill came out, basically the entire thing hasnt been touched, with the exception of Summoning room. out of the portal rooms minimum needed for ALL teleports, there's still 2 frames left open for focus. Why not give us a Lunar or Trollhiem teleport to fill them in?

Popoto.~<3

POH needs a serious overhaul or addition tbh. the Portals havent been touched since the skill came out, basically the entire thing hasnt been touched, with the exception of Summoning room. out of the portal rooms minimum needed for ALL teleports, there's still 2 frames left open for focus. Why not give us a Lunar or Trollhiem teleport to fill them in?

No 'need' really since having a third portal room is an utter waste.

Portal options are:

Lumby

Varrock

Fally

Cammy

Ardy

Yanille

Canafis.

Put you're house in Yanille and that leaves 6 portals, for 2 full rooms.

The 'but other house locations have uses' argument doesn't even hold up anymore since you can used chipped tabs to reach Rimmington, Taverly, Polnivenach, Rellekka and Brimhaven.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I want to spark some discussion about potential spots, so anyone have some nice theories in mind?

thinking canfis, port phantasmys, meiyerditch , priffidens, llyeta, grand tree, sophemnon, oo'glog, shilo village, brimhaven, fremminik, dwarf city and maby trollheim.

then thats all major population centers.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

This lodestone update is a big barf. Why do Jagex have to make it even easier to do stuff? Seriously, if I'd started playing in this game, I'd have not played it twice with all the kindergarten level hand-holding that's going around.

This lodestone update is a big barf. Why do Jagex have to make it even easier to do stuff? Seriously, if I'd started playing in this game, I'd have not played it twice with all the kindergarten level hand-holding that's going around.

If you had just started playing the game and you never knew anything of what it used to be, you wouldn't think anything of it. I guarantee it. And that's who they're going for - new players, who aren't familiar with the game. Make the early days more enjoyable and you increase your chances for retaining them as long-term customers.

hzvjpwS.gif

If you had just started playing the game and you never knew anything of what it used to be, you wouldn't think anything of it. I guarantee it. And that's who they're going for - new players, who aren't familiar with the game. Make the early days more enjoyable and you increase your chances for retaining them as long-term customers.

I remember very well how the game used to be when I started. It was long before the addition of the Lumbridge home teleport, and there was very little aid to the newbies there. I had to discover a lot of stuff myself, and there were no NPCs to tell me how to play the game down to the smallest detail. I had to find a way to make money with level 1 skills (except for the 10 HP) and there were no tasks to give me 2000 gold pieces for something as simple as taking a free pickaxe from the general store. 2000 gold was a huge sum for me as a newbie, and after days spent with exploring, selling cooked sardines and self-smithed bronze equipment to the general store, I felt really pleased when I had managed to amass a wealth of several thousand gold pieces. It was one of the funnest experiences in RS for me (perhaps the funnest) and if I could have a Runescape mind wipe and play through that again, I would do so without hesitation.

Now, I've played other games which have tutorials like what RS has now. Boring. Do you have any idea how dull it is to have a tutorial like that? The amount of exploration opportunities and not being given everything for free is not to be underestimated. You say they're making the early game more enjoyable - I think not. I think they're dumbing it down. Chances are, someone who has started playing quite recently will not look back on his newbie days with nostalgia a year later, because by the time he has left Lumbridge he has already gotten 50k. Jagex hasn't improved the early game; in fact, I would say they destroyed it entirely, by making you jump into the midgame grind almost straight away.

Edited by Randox
Please keep it respectful

Besides it's nearly every single update makes things easier.

I mean what about when we had no tutorial and no home tele and you got no starting items or gp and runes were so expensive you could never even dream of actually teleporting.

A lot has changed since then, every single one makes something easier in some way; its the nature of the game and why new content skills, new lands and new monsters are important because they all start out difficult or hard to reach.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I remember very well how the game used to be when I started. It was long before the addition of the Lumbridge home teleport, and there was very little aid to the newbies there. I had to discover a lot of stuff myself, and there were no NPCs to tell me how to play the game down to the smallest detail. I had to find a way to make money with level 1 skills (except for the 10 HP) and there were no tasks to give me 2000 gold pieces for something as simple as taking a free pickaxe from the general store. 2000 gold was a huge sum for me as a newbie, and after days spent with exploring, selling cooked sardines and self-smithed bronze equipment to the general store, I felt really pleased when I had managed to amass a wealth of several thousand gold pieces. It was one of the funnest experiences in RS for me (perhaps the funnest) and if I could have a Runescape mind wipe and play through that again, I would do so without hesitation.

Now, I've played other games which have tutorials like what RS has now. Boring. Do you have any idea how dull it is to have a tutorial like that? The amount of exploration opportunities and not being given everything for free is not to be underestimated. You say they're making the early game more enjoyable - I think not. I think they're dumbing it down. Chances are, someone who has started playing quite recently will not look back on his newbie days with nostalgia a year later, because by the time he has left Lumbridge he has already gotten 50k. Jagex hasn't improved the early game; in fact, I would say they destroyed it entirely, by making you jump into the midgame grind almost straight away.

Agreed, the entire sense of exploration in the early game is much less 'difficult' than it used to be. Jagex hasn't managed to replicate the sensation of finding new mechanics or areas much, imo.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted