13-Mar-2012 - Loyalty Additions and Lodestone Network

Saradomin_Mage

This lodestone update is a big barf. Why do Jagex have to make it even easier to do stuff? Seriously, if I'd started playing in this game, I'd have not played it twice with all the kindergarten level hand-holding that's going around.

Oh, right you are there. Well, in MY day, I had to get up a half hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of cold poison, walk three times across the entire map of Runescape, uphill each way, and pay MILLIONS in Runescape gold for the privilege, in my dad's pajamas, and when I got home, my mother would PK me, loot all my good stuff, bury me and dance on my grave!

:blink:

slobdf.jpg

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot!

Oh, she is a naughty person, and she must pay the penalty!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Partly it is customer demand. Many of my friends who don't play runescape really dislike it because the early game was so slow and didn't give access to fun enjoyable content. They got mad when they saw me teleporting everywhere, and running around doing stuff that was more interesting. I don't want to see free handouts, (otherwise you devalue the sense of achievement) but its definitely important to keep the beginning game engaging for new players.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

This lodestone update is a big barf. Why do Jagex have to make it even easier to do stuff? Seriously, if I'd started playing in this game, I'd have not played it twice with all the kindergarten level hand-holding that's going around.

Oh, right you are there. Well, in MY day, I had to get up a half hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of cold poison, walk three times across the entire map of Runescape, uphill each way, and pay MILLIONS in Runescape gold for the privilege, in my dad's pajamas, and when I got home, my mother would PK me, loot all my good stuff, bury me and dance on my grave!

Everything alright with you?

Partly it is customer demand. Many of my friends who don't play runescape really dislike it because the early game was so slow and didn't give access to fun enjoyable content. They got mad when they saw me teleporting everywhere, and running around doing stuff that was more interesting. I don't want to see free handouts, (otherwise you devalue the sense of achievement) but its definitely important to keep the beginning game engaging for new players.

Well, if the early game doesn't give access to enjoyable content, maybe that's the problem Jagex should have fixed. Yeah, in the end, it all boils down to Jagex always taking the easy path - which is understandable, since they're a big business.

I'm thinking of buying one of the eye effects, but I don't want to waste 18k points only to be disappointed. Can someone who bought one post a few pictures, preferably with different full face helmets? (e.g fsh, rune full)

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

I don't think its is the 'easy path' that the early game lacks what many deem enjoyable content.

It's simply the nature of the beast that the higher level better stuff will always look more enjoyable and therefore make low end content seem dull in comparison. 'Grass is always greener on the other side.'

Any low end content that truly is enjoyable and/or profitable becomes highly used by high-end players and equally diminishes the enjoyment for low-end players.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Walking from place to place is super boring, remember rune mysteries? now try it without teleports, yawn. Now that may be poor quest writing for what we had back then, with these teleports it is almost acceptable.

I did not mind home tele ->canoes but this is much sleeker and gets me to edgy.

Exploration? you still have to find the things. Once you find them it creates a nice starting point to spread, because you can always find out where you started, then go a different direction.

POH needs a serious overhaul or addition tbh. the Portals havent been touched since the skill came out, basically the entire thing hasnt been touched, with the exception of Summoning room. out of the portal rooms minimum needed for ALL teleports, there's still 2 frames left open for focus. Why not give us a Lunar or Trollhiem teleport to fill them in?

I use my house portals every day :mellow: . I would have agreed with filling them with more ancients spells or lunar spells awhile ago, but there really isn't anywhere not near a teleport anymore. Awhile ago, I had an idea to expand portal rooms to have 4 portals per room, in the four corners (thus you can connect them to other rooms too) and be able to use ancient and lunar spells.

I can't think of an area ingame (that has a purpose to visit) besides troll wilderness penguins that isn't very close to a teleport anymore.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

and you got no starting items or gp

You've always gotten a handful of items when making a new account.

I'm fairly sure you got nothing in the original release. You just got dumped in Lumbridge and left to your own devices, no items and no guidance.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

With the new titles, do they get put on the end of your name and a different colour as the others? such as ....err... "Bobdole123 The Fallen:" ?

Based on loyalty shop, it looks like it gets placed up front, but it might be misleading and be intended for the back. Since the word is lowercase and there was a competition some months ago about a title contest, they should be on the back.

I saw someone on RSOF complaining about it going to the back ( :rolleyes: although it's obviously meant to be like that) who had it above his name on the forums.

2dgucz6.png

I'm fairly sure you got nothing in the original release. You just got dumped in Lumbridge and left to your own devices, no items and no guidance.

Tutorial island.

Tools for resources, 25gp, 25 air stike casts + a few other runes. wasn't much but they did give you the items to help start off AND tutorial Island explained all (but RC and crafting) skills and how to do them. nowdays its all "OHNOEZ A DRAGON! BETTER STAB IT! COMBATSCAPE!!!@@" as a "tutorial"

Popoto.~<3

Am I the only person who gets the Monty Python reference? :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

I had the feeling it was pointing towards them since it sounded downright silly and absurd. :P

Does anyone else think it's weird that the gazes are absurdly overpriced (more costly than tier 2 auras) despite being purely cosmetic? Decided to drop the desire for king title and save for infernal gaze. Less than 20 days till I get my points to buy it.

Tutorial island.

Tools for resources, 25gp, 25 air stike casts + a few other runes. wasn't much but they did give you the items to help start off AND tutorial Island explained all (but RC and crafting) skills and how to do them. nowdays its all "OHNOEZ A DRAGON! BETTER STAB IT! COMBATSCAPE!!!@@" as a "tutorial"

There was not always tutorial island.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

In spring of may 2001, you could choose miner, adventurer etc. I chose adventurer, got a bronze hatchet, tinderbox and some WC levels.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

In spring of may 2001, you could choose miner, adventurer etc. I chose adventurer, got a bronze hatchet, tinderbox and some WC levels.

Which also did not exist in the original release

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yeah but my point still holds true: Things get easier it's a natural course any mmorpg takes, originally you got no tutorial, no gp and no items. Any change to the early game since then has just made things easier.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

LOL! Thanks! You would think that my name would be a dead giveaway. :-)

slobdf.jpg

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot!

Oh, she is a naughty person, and she must pay the penalty!