Trailers and Trolls - New RuneScape Trailer

tripsis

Nice trailer!

Good to see where our money is being spent.

Now someone will just add that "So THAT is where the money from the SoF-update" went. Honestly, keep the SoF discussion to the SoF thread.

OT: As said here before, the game graphics doesn't look like those in the trailer. So Jagex, get to work! ;)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That the trailer doesn't look at all like the game is understandable, and as such I take no issue with this being the case. However, I do think that if Jagex insist on spending money on such a nice looking trailer, they should at least make something a little more inspired and less clichéd.

My two cents.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

This won't draw in new players lolol

I just knew there was going to be a rant about the SoF in this thread too.

Just get over it, if you don't want to use it, don't. If you're jelaous that people are better than you in a game and can get faster xp than you, you should straight out your priorities.

I bet you buy spins

I don't like the update and I'm not going to complain about it like just about every Runescape player. I just ignore it and do the same stuff I did before the update. I don't buy spins, if I did, that would be hypocritical.

terravir.png

At least the disparity between graphics in trailer and graphics in-game isn't as bad as this... :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om84Zc4-KcQ

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I know for a fact that if this does manage to draw in a few new players (unlikely) they will be disapointed when they actually log into the game.

It's impossible to make that claim.

If I was a new player at the momment I saw the graphics I would just close the runescape tab.

0:42.

Does anyone else see the Stone of Jas..?

Looks more like a clan citadel portal to me.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Eh? Pretty Bland Trailer tbh. No epic music, nothing special shown(Wow, they're fighting a monster together. How creative...). Nothing that shows anything that might distinguish this from 100 other free mmorpgs...

There could be so many better trailers...

It's a nice trailer and it's a cinematic trailer for a reason, this does sum up the gaming industry though.

Even the E3 gaming expo is 90%ish cinematic trailers and most people buy into the hype :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

The trailer was well made. I just don't like how the trailer made this game look like it was a kids game. It looked like a cartoon in my opinion. Live action trailers are nice, but I don't think that would fit runescape very well. I just wish they made out characters look more like grown adults, and not have round faces, choppy hair and stuff you find in dreamwork/pixar movies..

I wouldn't mind these kinda graphics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhqYBKZRg5I

The characters are well defined like the face and broad shoulders in stuff, so we don't look like some teenager.

The RS trailer reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHUhygdAZIw

The movie was pretty fun I'll admit, but I'd also say the intended audience are those still in grade school.

Edit: Here's another good example and the same genre of game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0RuR3FREFw

This is 2012, people are more attracted to realistic style graphics.

If you saw this trailer or the RS one, which game would you choose, before you even saw the ingame graphics.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

LXktB.png

Armor sets I didn't recognise. Also, lol @ Primal longsword outside of daemonheim.

Looks like torva, virtus (looks a lot like virtus, wrong color n all, but it could be the updated version of Druidic mage robes), and ganodermic fungal. Reworked kind of horribly (toned down in a way) but it's nice I guess..

Uhm..

Yeah I like this trailer.

So that's where the Squeal of Fortune ticket-buying money went...

RE-EDIT:

Now someone will just add that "So THAT is where the money from the SoF-update" went.

Whoops, should've read the whole topic before posting :mrgreen: .

EDIT: @ post above,

Let me find this trailer for a game with actually realistic standards for RS, and the video even has footage of reworked Skeletal (looks absolute boss).

EDIT2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbvGC4VOOTk

What I think is possible is in here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVoVKQn-4fI

The unpossible but what I want...

And still looking for that trailer I saw on TV with Skeletal..

EDIT3: OK, not what I remember but I found it..lol. Still gives me dreams of a better RuneScape.. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbM0W6bOS0o

553VriC.png?1

Nahhh defo Jas.

13yf91j.jpg

Might that be the god war battle in what became wilderness? Im not any good at runescape lores, but did zamy not have the stone of jas, and was mainly located in what is now wilderness?

seams like a future quest to me :thumbsup: :ohnoes:

btw, i like the trailer, dosnt say much about the game, but almost no good game trailer dose, for that you look at game-play videos :)

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

Might that be the god war battle in what became wilderness? Im not any good at runescape lores, but did zamy not have the stone of jas, and was mainly located in what is now wilderness?

btw, i like the trailer, dosnt say much about the game, but almost no good game trailer dose, for that you look at game-play videos :)

Dear god I think you're right.. That's the Chaos Altar in level 15!

Jeez I hope they release a quest related to that..

EDIT: Changed my mind after watching the trailer again. Pretty convinced that it looks nothing like the wilderness and is just a recollection of all his journies, on top of possible future reworks of items (which I think are coming in the next 2 weeks at most).

553VriC.png?1

Considering Ozan lives in the 5th age and the God Wars were in the 3rd age, I very much doubt so.

Also, The Raptor is ultra-badass, I wanna see more of him in a questline.

crossed_body.png

where is this

TUNOM.png

Probably the new entrance of the reworked Karamja Dungeon they're working on. :P

@Pinata: that cinematic of The Old Republic has a better story than story I to III altogether. Oo Wow, just wow!

About the Stone of Jas thingy, maybe a new Making History Quest? We travel with the signature heroes to the God Wars to change a few things for the good cause, or to get an artifact, or we accidentily teleported the Stone of Jas somewhere completly dangerous after RotM, just some wild guesses. :P (Would be actually cool: Zamorak never had the Stone of Jas, but because we teleported it after RotM, it ended up in the 2nd age at the Zamorak encampement, which means we actually caused the God Wars xd)

I laughed so hard when I was watching it cos' after it finished I looked back at my screen and my guy was just there cutting ivy. Fakest representation of a game EVER.

*Cinematic* trailers (which is what this is) are not meant to be representations of gameplay. They're meant to be... cinematic :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog