Trailers and Trolls - New RuneScape Trailer

tripsis

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike game trailers that don't reflect the actual graphics of the game. If I was a new player, saw this trailer, then logged in I would be like "wtf this isn't what I saw" and may rage quit.

2480+ total

Update spoilers:

[spoiler=Bounty Hunter/Wilderness volcano]

bhnew.png

Picture of Bounty Hunter/BH Crater/Wilderness volcano. Go to the Wilderness volcano in-game, you'll see the center thing is in this picture.

Not sure if this implies a new type of "Bounty Hunter", or just a new minigame altogether..

[spoiler=Possible Player-Mercenary update?]

mercenaryupdate2.png

Picture of a dude saving the player in the trailer's ass. Look at the next pic..

mercenaryupdate.png

Same guy on the left-hand side, in-game graphics.

mercenaryupdate1.png

Picture of the Mercenary leader (That would be you if this update existed), and his 3 mercenaries.

If you watch the video, he also has a mage help him out, not sure if I saw a ranger.

So that's 2/3 of these guys.

Is this part of the "combat revamp" Jagex has mentioned? I am intrigued.

EDIT: Re-watched the video and saw that there was this guy, and a meleer + a mager. Could still possibly have 2 of one type, or he's from a quest (which would explain the demon picture), so there.. Still very interesting to see what's possible to come to rs :).

553VriC.png?1

Update spoilers:

bhnew.png

Picture of Bounty Hunter/BH Crater/Wilderness volcano. Go to the Wilderness volcano in-game, you'll see the center thing is in this picture.

Not sure if this implies a new type of "Bounty Hunter", or just a new minigame altogether..

mercenaryupdate2.png

Picture of a dude saving the player in the trailer's ass. Look at the next pic..

mercenaryupdate.png

mercenaryupdate1.png

Picture of the Mercenary leader (That would be you if this update existed), and his 3 mercenaries.

If you watch the video, he also has a mage help him out, not sure if I saw a ranger.

EDIT: Re-watched the video and saw that there was this guy, and a meleer + a mager. Could still possibly have 2 of one type, or he's from a quest (which would explain the demon picture), so there.. Still very interesting to see what's possible to come to rs :).

Ermm the guys in the trailer are just the signature heroes. The "dude" saving the first one is The Raptor. The main one is Ozan, the guy using a 2h sword is Sir Owen and the mage is Ariane.

As for The Raptor, he's seen randomly around most of those places in game, well they all do, but The Raptor is seen at more "dangerous" places.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Update spoilers:

bhnew.png

mercenaryupdate2.png

mercenaryupdate.png

mercenaryupdate1.png

Ermm the guys in the trailer are just the signature heroes. The "dude" saving the first one is The Raptor. The main one is Ozan, the guy using a 2h sword is Sir Owen and the mage is Ariane.

As for The Raptor, he's seen randomly around most of those places in game, well they all do, but The Raptor is seen at more "dangerous" places.

=( Bastard imagination. It failed me again :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :wall:

EDIT: I refuse to give up! This just means that the npc's play together. IT DOES NOT NEGATE THE FACT THAT WE CAN BELIEVE IN MERCENARIES!!! :-#

553VriC.png?1

With SoF and "Oh, this is where our money is going -.-" comments aside, i actually really like it. I tend to like cinematic game trailers over actual gameplay. If i want to see what the gameplay is like, there are plenty of videos of gameplay on Youtube for all sorts of games.

Of course that's not what the gameplay or graphics are actually like, but you can copy and paste comments like that to virtually any cinematic game trailer. So singling out that fact on this one in particular doesn't really advance any argument.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

"This is 2012, people are more attracted to realistic style graphics." actually that's not true http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley oh and how to train your dragon is amazin', i cried!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I know I am on a break from the community and am not supposed to post here until Monday (the day I will be officially back) but I have to get this out of my mind.

That trailer can't be any more misleading. This is nowhere near how the game looks.

Jagex could easily make a trailer using the ACTUAL gameplay in the trailer, why they didn't is way beyond me.

I quite like the look of the trailer, though it does feel the Signature heroes haven't done much ingame with us aside from advertise sofar - hopefully we'll get some related quests soon.

I don't mind the trailer being cinematic, a great majority of the areas shown in the "flashback" are ingame areas that've been used quite well.

One thing I do wonder about though, where do Jagex currently advertise and where is the trailer going to be used? They really need to work on getting new people into the game rather than trying to force f2p into p2p (which isn't really going to happen)

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I know I am on a break from the community and am not supposed to post here until Monday (the day I will be officially back) but I have to get this out of my mind.

That trailer can't be any more misleading. This is nowhere near how the game looks.

Jagex could easily make a trailer using the ACTUAL gameplay in the trailer, why they didn't is way beyond me.

No they couldn't. Most of their trailers using in-game graphics have been fairly sub standard. It's a limitation of the game engine that cinematic movie making is just not possible.

But it's obvious a lot of people just throw Jagex hate onto this, a non-Jagex product, even though it is the norm in the game industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRoYEBfM_3A

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

No they couldn't. Most of their trailers using in-game graphics have been fairly sub standard. It's a limitation of the game engine that cinematic movie making is just not possible.

But it's obvious a lot of people just throw Jagex hate onto this, a non-Jagex product, even though it is the norm in the game industry.

Did you see the last trailer? In terms of graphics, it was just as good as this one tbh. And if they're going to make a cinematic trailer, it should be a good one and not...that.

The trailer is awesome yes but what people need to remember is that this is NOT what the game look like if jagex did to pull in new players then the people who join to this game are in for a big time reality check. If then did it with real gameplay and ummmm you know what happens right? Everybody needs to remember this is only a "CINEMATIC TRAILER" nothing more.

Sonic9.png

One day the game will look like this, And the download will be as big if not bigger than the current WoW Download.

That would require a complete game engine rework. It could no longer be a click-and-move game. It would have to work with the WASD keys and have actionbars, not to mention a complete combat and skill grinding rework.

And quite frankly, i think RS is too dead for a big rework like that. Jagex might be better off creating and promoting a whole new game.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I :thumbup: it. Wish that RS was like that. Neat Battle & areas shown.

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

Let me ask you guys something. Why would Jagex make cinematic trailer for the game and not use the actual gameplay? If they were making a movie I would understand, but some people could be fooled by the trailer and think the game is actually like that. I just don't see how misleading people would be a good idea.

Let me ask you guys something. Why would Jagex make cinematic trailer for the game and not use the actual gameplay? If they were making a movie I would understand, but some people could be fooled by the trailer and think the game is actually like that. I just don't see how misleading people would be a good idea.

This isn't a Jagex thing. It's a gaming industry thing. Almost all game companies make cinematic trailers for their games.

SWTOR

LOTRO

WOW

..just to name a few.

This is a very, very common thing in the gaming industry as a whole. It isn't Jagex being stupid or misleading players. There is a reason it's called a CINEMATIC trailer and not a GAMEPLAY trailer. Those are two very different things. Cinematic trailers are meant to look more like movies and give people an introduction into the game's world/story/setting/etc. The're not meant to show you what it's like to play the game. They're meant to get you excited and maybe give you an idea of what the story/background is like.

Honestly, there's a reason I hate watching RuneScape videos and gameplay trailers. The RuneScape graphics suck. The animations are lame. They're just not visually appealing or fun to watch or intense or full of emotion. You can't have any of those things in RuneScape trailers because of the limitations in the graphics/game engine. But if you make a cinematic trailer completely outside of the game, you CAN have intensity and emotion and more complex/exciting animations. That's what Jagex wants. That's the point of a cinematic trailer.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog