Trailers and Trolls - New RuneScape Trailer

tripsis

RuneScape News Post

We are proud to share with the world our latest cinematic trailer, which showcases the new members' starting experience: the Troll Warzone.

This stunning trailer opens in the druidic village of Taverley in the year 169 of the 5th Age. Its not long before our adventurer is at the heart of the adrenaline-fuelled action, calling on his skills to drive back the fearsome trolls threatening the village.

We are really excited about this trailer, which has been lovingly crafted for us by the team at visual effects powerhouse Framestore in New York.

You can see the new trailer here, and subscribers among you can step up to the challenge yourselves by entering the Troll Warzone today.

As always, you can let us know what you love about the new trailer, or anything RuneScape related, on our forums or Facebook.

Spread the word. Join the adventure!

The RuneScape Team

I think the trailer looks pretty awesome :P If only the game looked like that :mrgreen:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I preferred it when they went to the effort of making a trailer using the game engine. Now it's just another one of those adverts with "not representative of game footage" in the corner of the screen you see on tv all the time.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I really liked it. I think the style quite accurately reflects Runescapes style. There were a fair amount of images in there from the game, and they merged in very nicely with the animated graphics.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Ozan wearing Torva and a Zaryte Bow.

Okay.

Why do I even find it hard to believe he's been through everything in the trailer and yet is about to be slain by a level 11 Troll :rolleyes:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Did anyone see a Squeal of Fortune in the video? :P

Pretty cool, but it reminds me more of 8Realms as they have advertisements that look just like that.

Pretty cool, but it reminds me more of 8Realms as they have advertisements that look just like that.

lol what time?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Ozan wearing Torva and a Zaryte Bow.

Okay.

Why do I even find it hard to believe he's been through everything in the trailer and yet is about to be slain by a level 11 Troll :rolleyes:

This, and it's rather hard for me to take this video seriously. When did Ozan suddenly get skilled in the other two areas of combat all of a sudden? It's looking like they're going to use the signature heroes for advertising more than story use for quests.

lol what time?

No idea. I just felt it was missing since everything is about Squeal of Fortune these days.

@the picture - Top left 2 are fungal armor, mid top is ahrims, top right is Ozan's default clothes and bottom left is torva.

lol what time?

No idea. I just felt it was missing since everything is about Squeal of Fortune these days.

@the picture - Top left 2 are fungal armor, mid top is ahrims, top right is Ozan's default clothes and bottom left is torva.

Top right was just to point out the sword.

crossed_body.png

Looks pretty cool, I must say. Obviously nowhere close to the actual game engine, but cool nonetheless.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I actually don't like it when games use actual game footage.. especially with RuneScape where the graphics aren't that great. I like trailers to be cinematic and have awesome graphics (like this one). Some of the other RuneScape trailers that did use the game engine tried to be all intense, but they just weren't.. because RuneScape itself isn't intense.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

lol what time?

Top right was just to point out the sword.

And accidentally the previous DFS design too? :P

I just knew there was going to be a rant about the SoF in this thread too.

Just get over it, if you don't want to use it, don't. If you're jelaous that people are better than you in a game and can get faster xp than you, you should straight out your priorities.

I really liked the trailer, it'll attract more people to the game and hopefully make more players enjoy the game, not just grind through it like everyone does nowadays anyways...

terravir.png

Just get over it, if you don't want to use it, don't. If you're jelaous that people are better than you in a game and can get faster xp than you, you should straight out your priorities.

What are you, Jagex's damage control department?

crossed_body.png

I really liked the trailer, it'll attract more people to the game and hopefully make more players enjoy the game, not just grind through it like everyone does nowadays anyways...

Oh, so I'm jelly that people can get faster xp than me WITHOUT EVEN PLAYING THE DAMN GAME?

/logic

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

This won't draw in new players lolol

I bet you buy spins

I wish combat in Runescape was actually like the trailer. :/

Even though most of the trailer didn't consist of actual game footage the style actually matches the game engine fairly well and was overall awesome.