Cluescroll cap Increase Discussion (Poll included)

Dire_Wolf

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should the cluescroll cap be increased or be unlimited?

• Yes
    • No

The problem lies with the 2nd thing I mentioned, the 1x 'always have' TT item

Sweets, biscuits and scrolls aren't really as good as say, Ranger Boots, Wizard Boots or a nice shiny piece of trimmed/gold/god armour. I have done quite a few only to get sweets, biscuits or scrolls that sell for less than most TT items

TTs already require you to be lucky and kill the correct mobs. Emote clues are just annoying because you may need to deviate and go to said store/ge or make the item, then go back to the TT which will take up a lot of time

Problem repeats when you get the same exact clue that does it again, and oops, you already sold the item cos its taking space. Already quite a lot of my bank spaced is filled with Level 3 emote TT items so I don't have to fumble around on the GE for 1

Allowing players to pick up multiple clues will help, but creates problems technically esp when it comes to Elite orb/scan clues.

Biscuits and sweets aren't really good, but Jagex can make you receive loads of them when you get them. That way they can be useful. For example instead of getting 3 biscuits ( i got that recently) you can get 30 biscuits.

As for emotes clue, i think you should be prepared for it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Biscuits and sweets aren't really good, but Jagex can make you receive loads of them when you get them. That way they can be useful. For example instead of getting 3 biscuits ( i got that recently) you can get 30 biscuits.

As for emotes clue, i think you should be prepared for it.

I agree that the stackable rewards should be increased, so they can be used by players for really important stuff like Fight caves instead of collecting dust in the bank

The problem with emote clues is that a large number of assorted items are needed, from gnome clothes to Blue D Hide (which I normally would have thrown out of my bank if not for the emote clue)

I believe there is a guide somewhere that showed the number of items you need to do any emote clue. It was at least 1 bank screen large, space that most would probably not want to give up with current TT rewards

I agree that the stackable rewards should be increased, so they can be used by players for really important stuff like Fight caves instead of collecting dust in the bank

The problem with emote clues is that a large number of assorted items are needed, from gnome clothes to Blue D Hide (which I normally would have thrown out of my bank if not for the emote clue)

I believe there is a guide somewhere that showed the number of items you need to do any emote clue. It was at least 1 bank screen large, space that most would probably not want to give up with current TT rewards

You shouldn't complain about such simple task as URI Emotes. Why? Because they could make it ALOT harder.

And all your required is to have the items ready, and that's if you ask me - a very simple task.

Here is a picture of items i need to have for URI level 3 emotes:

2v30kmw.png

I will probably need more, but that's not much. If you want to do TTs faster then you must make a sacrifice - and that's getting ride of other things in your bank.

Again, it's better to sacrifice spaces in bank for TT than ask for a change and get a challenge requiring you to use 10mins to finish a step when it could take you 2min with URI emote clues that we have now.

I would love that if the elite clues didn't have the pain in the ass that is scanning, and hard clues had a way to do uri clues without taking so much bank spots. I don't really think there is a need to be able to start more than one trail at a time. but it should allow you to pick up the first clues. (can't continue till you finish though)? Though I guess running them at once wouldn't be so bad either...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

You shouldn't complain about such simple task as URI Emotes. Why? Because they could make it ALOT harder.

And all your required is to have the items ready, and that's if you ask me - a very simple task.

Here is a picture of items i need to have for URI level 3 emotes:

2v30kmw.png

I will probably need more, but that's not much. If you want to do TTs faster then you must make a sacrifice - and that's getting ride of other things in your bank.

Again, it's better to sacrifice spaces in bank for TT than ask for a change and get a challenge requiring you to use 10mins to finish a step when it could take you 2min with URI emote clues that we have now.

You misunderstand, your screenshot is ONLY for Level 3, and indeed, I actually have what you have in screenshot on my bank already

I found the guide to the emote items from the runescape wiki, ignore the few misc items there

xcus0i.png

For you to meet all emote clues (1-3), you need roughly 10 lines of bank space as shown in the image (100 items estimated)

That is already an insane amount of bank space, unless of course you only want to do level 3, then your point is valid

I voted no. I think instead of raising the cap of the clue scrolls they should instead add XP lamps to the scrolls, because then more people will use them in an attempt to gain one (if it was good xp). Don't get me wrong, I love doing clues (did an easy last night and got 800k), but I don't think increasing the cap on them will help.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

I would probably stockpile 100 scrolls to my bank and then do all at once.

They should add spin tickets to rewards, anything up to 75 spin tickets from elites :thumbup:

What I would prefer though is an increase in the split between Elite & Hard Clue drops - Elites are still far too rare imo.

As in make Elite and Hard drops more often?

No, just make Elites less rare. I.e. increase the % drop rate for Elites when the system generates a Clue drop.

I've no idea of the actual numbers (I stopped recording Clue rewards ages ago) but I get a least 20 Hard Clues for every Elite & this is from monsters that drop both. Maybe increase the Elite Clue drop potential to say 15-20% (1 in 5 chance of receiving an Elite Clue when clue scroll reward is triggered), therefore bringing more Elites into the game.

the_lad_1.png

As a person who does ALL clue scrolls that I get, I would definitely say that having a larger limit wouldn't help. I usually do the clues immediately after the task I get them on, so I never have an issue with them preventing me from getting more.

It defeats the point of clue scrolls to get more than one at a time. I could easily get 50+ clue scrolls an hour if I could get multiples.

If we have increased caps, more people will do Treasure trails. It will become a better way for people to earn cash. Treasure trails items prices may change because of this, but hasn't Squeal of Fortune done the same thing with many items?

If more people do them, the drops will be worth less over time, meaning LESS people will actually do them. The Squeal has NOTHING to do with treasure trails. Items like the Rune Platebody, Bandos Chestplate, etc have retained their value for the most part because of how unlikely you are to receive them.

I really couldn't disagree more with the pro-voting here.

hzvjpwS.gif

I think clue scrolls just need to be updated to be more fun. Clue scrolls come from the mentality of 2004 Jagex, who thought that the difficulty of a task was directly proportional to how tedious it was. It was also long before the Grand Exchange came out, so there was more difficulty in gathering the items required than there was actually solving the clues (as the coordinates and clues were solved and documented online rather quickly).

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

POLL NOTE:

When voting in poll please do not let Runescape market changes affect your decision. Squeal of Fortune and BXP affects Runescape affect market.

Instead ask yourself: Would i do more Treasure Trails?

No, I'm asking myself how it will affect the market. Why would you try to skew a poll?

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

You misunderstand, your screenshot is ONLY for Level 3, and indeed, I actually have what you have in screenshot on my bank already

Again, that's a sacrifice you must make if you want to Treasure Trail. I don't see it as problem at all. If your gonna make it easier to bank TT requirement items then you might as well give players 400 new bankspace. Because i can promise you there are so many other items i want to have bankspace for but can't.

It defeats the point of clue scrolls to get more than one at a time. I could easily get 50+ clue scrolls an hour if I could get multiples.

If we have increased caps, more people will do Treasure trails. It will become a better way for people to earn cash. Treasure trails items prices may change because of this, but hasn't Squeal of Fortune done the same thing with many items?

If more people do them, the drops will be worth less over time, meaning LESS people will actually do them. The Squeal has NOTHING to do with treasure trails. Items like the Rune Platebody, Bandos Chestplate, etc have retained their value for the most part because of how unlikely you are to receive them.

I really couldn't disagree more with the pro-voting here.

At multiple clues, i BET you won't get more than 5 Hard clues in a hour, and that's at BEST (with cannoning).

It's better that people do Treasure Trails than don't. It's same thing with Slayer and PvM, after a while people will stop killing a certain monster. So how can you use this as argument? PvM gets updates, so does slayer, and why shouldn't TT be updated to keep the "money " going?

I know Squeal has nothing to do with TT, what you didn't get is my point that Squeal affects G.E. Just like more people doing TT it will affect TT items price. And with that point : You shouldn't argument for that "It will make price of TT items go down - that's bad", because there have been in Runescape history updates that have done that. Not to forget Bandos! Look at Bandos now! People have done it so much prices have gone down alot! Or Tormented demons!

No, I'm asking myself how it will affect the market. Why would you try to skew a poll?

I think you should leave merchant thoughts outside of this poll because the topic is about TT, and not about merchanting. But feel free to vote however you want, that's just a advice/recommendation.

At multiple clues, i BET you won't get more than 5 Hard clues in a hour, and that's at BEST (with cannoning).

At hellhounds? You could do that easily. So do I win the bet?

It's better that people do Treasure Trails than don't. It's same thing with Slayer and PvM, after a while people will stop killing a certain monster. So how can you use this as argument? PvM gets updates, so does slayer, and why shouldn't TT be updated to keep the "money " going?

I don't understand a thing you're saying here. So you're saying claws going down over time has nothing to do with the fact that they're becoming easier and easier to kill and therefor obtain the "moneymaking" item that everyone kills them for? Why are they decreasing then? Their utility certainly hasn't gone down. Either I don't understand what you're saying, or you're not understanding what you're saying.

what you didn't get is my point that Squeal affects G.E. Just like more people doing TT it will affect TT items price.

So you must not have seen the part of my post where I said "Items like the Rune Platebody, Bandos Chestplate, etc have retained their value for the most part because of how unlikely you are to receive them. "

You shouldn't argument for that "It will make price of TT items go down - that's bad", because there have been in Runescape history updates that have done that. Not to forget Bandos! Look at Bandos now! People have done it so much prices have gone down alot! Or Tormented demons!

You're contradicting yourself. Again.

I think you should leave merchant thoughts outside of this poll because the topic is about TT, and not about merchanting. But feel free to vote however you want, that's just a advice/recommendation.

How your suggestion will affect the market value of the few moneymaking items available via cluescrolls (read: the main reason people do clues is to make money) is extremely relevant and honestly the main reason why such an idea is ill conceived. Dismissing it is juvenile.

hzvjpwS.gif

Again, that's a sacrifice you must make if you want to Treasure Trail. I don't see it as problem at all. If your gonna make it easier to bank TT requirement items then you might as well give players 400 new bankspace.

Then you are avoiding one of the problems that TTs have and why people drop them when they meet an annoying emote clue. It is the time wasting to travel to said store, buy said item go to TT location, and possibly having it repeat again later that makes this part of TT annoying

Because i can promise you there are so many other items i want to have bankspace for but can't.

Contradicts what you just said, because I too would like to have bankspace for other items unrelated to TT

But wait, you want players to decide whether to store TT emote clue items or other possibly more important stuff?

Thats not solving one of the main problems of people not doing TT

Again, that's a sacrifice you must make if you want to Treasure Trail. I don't see it as problem at all. If your gonna make it easier to bank TT requirement items then you might as well give players 400 new bankspace.

Then you are avoiding one of the problems that TTs have and why people drop them when they meet an annoying emote clue. It is the time wasting to travel to said store, buy said item go to TT location, and possibly having it repeat again later that makes this part of TT annoying

Because i can promise you there are so many other items i want to have bankspace for but can't.

Contradicts what you just said, because I too would like to have bankspace for other items unrelated to TT

But wait, you want players to decide whether to store TT emote clue items or other possibly more important stuff?

Thats not solving one of the main problems of people not doing TT

I don't have that problem with bankspace, but i respect that you need more space for TT. But honestly i think your asking for to much. If your gonna TT it's kinda silly if you ask me that you expect to have items for ALL cluescroll levels.

I stick to Elite/Hard, and i have no problem with bankspace with that.

But...i find it fair if you ask for more bank space, but asking for enough bank space to have emote items for all four clue levels is going to far.

Ok, so we can conclude our discussion (Me and yours) with:

Extra bank space

Does that sound good?

I think the only cap that should be increased on clues is 1 of each type. That way just because you get a hard clue you don't need to leave it sitting to wait (and hope) for an elite. It'd be nice to not have to drop what you're doing to do one also, in terms of Strykewyrm tasks.

I don't appreciate the fact that if more people did clues, prices would drop. They're only fun because in your mind, as you get your casket, you think "AMG I WONDER WHAT I'LL GET!!!!".

If prices drop it'll be like "Meh. 200k god page/4m third age/700k robin hood hat." Good addition to a cashpile but c'mon. That's a large % drop in price for no reason..

553VriC.png?1

I think the only cap that should be increased on clues is 1 of each type. That way just because you get a hard clue you don't need to leave it sitting to wait (and hope) for an elite. It'd be nice to not have to drop what you're doing to do one also, in terms of Strykewyrm tasks.

I don't appreciate the fact that if more people did clues, prices would drop. They're only fun because in your mind, as you get your casket, you think "AMG I WONDER WHAT I'LL GET!!!!".

If prices drop it'll be like "Meh. 200k god page/4m third age/700k robin hood hat." Good addition to a cashpile but c'mon. That's a large % drop in price for no reason..

They can update TT as they do with PvM and Slayer.

Suggestions as reward:

XP lamps

New rare hairstyles

More masks (not lame ones but cool ones)

Suggestions as reward:

XP lamps

New rare hairstyles

That'd be alright I guess. Masks I wouldn't know where to start imagining but it works. Also puts a large range of stuff available to be added. I just hope that the % of rewards from clues increase would match the increase of # of players doing them. Or at least some rarity (which kind of makes it like the Squeal of [bleep]ing Fortune, btw)..

Actually, on that note, I retract my thoughts.

Don't make clues another god damn Squeal of Fortune please. Rs has enough bullshit in it atm.

553VriC.png?1

Suggestions as reward:

XP lamps

New rare hairstyles

If they added xp lamps, they would have to be pretty small and uncommon otherwise clues would just become the next effigy with a chance for profit as well.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Allowing multiple scrolls to be banked makes them more grindable, reduce overhead and therefore increase profit (from abysmal to tiny). It'd certainly help those DIYers and packrats, who do every clue straight away to avoid missing one, to plan their activities more. On the other hand the 'forced' completing of clues might be the fun bit, idk.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

would be nice to not be penalized for picking up a hard clue at a monster that also drops elites, at least.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I like clues just the way they are.

It's disappointing getting worthless items a lot of the time, but I still enjoy running around doing them and the possibility of getting a rare or valuable item is still thrilling to me.

I do every clue I get immediately, so being able to stockpile them wouldn't really excite me.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png