Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cluescroll cap Increase Discussion (Poll included)

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Cluescroll cap Increase Discussion (Poll included) (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the cluescroll cap be increased or be unlimited?

1. Voted Yes (33 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (22 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

TheLad1
[ Display Name History ]

TheLad1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 523 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:The Lad 1
  • RSN2:Fork Sake
  • Clan:Max The Experience
I voted yes, mainly due to the fact I regularly have to leave 2 scrolls on ground from a Slayer task (Metal Drags & Ice Strykes seem to be the biggest offenders in multiple scroll dropping).

I enjoy doing the scrolls as a quick distraction from the 'game' - Agree that most of the time the rewards do not justify the time, however there is always the chance of getting something good. I've had 3rd Age Mage Legs before (spookily enough it was on Good Friday 5 years ago!!).

What I would prefer though is an increase in the split between Elite & Hard Clue drops - Elites are still far too rare imo.

the_lad_1.png

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

What I would prefer though is an increase in the split between Elite & Hard Clue drops - Elites are still far too rare imo.

As in make Elite and Hard drops more often?

CZ_TOH
[ Display Name History ]

CZ_TOH

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 43 posts
Problem with many of the lower end clue scrolls right now isn't just the rewards, its the annoying Emote clues that sometime require rarely used equipment or clothes from a random shop

And if they could remove sweets, biscuits and tele scrolls from being part of the 'will always drop 1 exclusive TT item' (just put it as an extra reward), that would help TTs a lot

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts

Problem with many of the lower end clue scrolls right now isn't just the rewards, its the annoying Emote clues that sometime require rarely used equipment or clothes from a random shop

And if they could remove sweets, biscuits and tele scrolls from being part of the 'will always drop 1 exclusive TT item' (just put it as an extra reward), that would help TTs a lot

How is that a problem? Treasure Trails is a way to make money and a big part of Runescape.
It's just like Bosses, Slayer or Skilling.

It requires stuff. As for tele scrolls it's better than nothing.

CZ_TOH
[ Display Name History ]

CZ_TOH

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 43 posts

How is that a problem? Treasure Trails is a way to make money and a big part of Runescape.
It's just like Bosses, Slayer or Skilling.

It requires stuff. As for tele scrolls it's better than nothing.

The problem lies with the 2nd thing I mentioned, the 1x 'always have' TT item
Sweets, biscuits and scrolls aren't really as good as say, Ranger Boots, Wizard Boots or a nice shiny piece of trimmed/gold/god armour. I have done quite a few only to get sweets, biscuits or scrolls that sell for less than most TT items

TTs already require you to be lucky and kill the correct mobs. Emote clues are just annoying because you may need to deviate and go to said store/ge or make the item, then go back to the TT which will take up a lot of time

Problem repeats when you get the same exact clue that does it again, and oops, you already sold the item cos its taking space. Already quite a lot of my bank spaced is filled with Level 3 emote TT items so I don't have to fumble around on the GE for 1

Allowing players to pick up multiple clues will help, but creates problems technically esp when it comes to Elite orb/scan clues.

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts

The problem lies with the 2nd thing I mentioned, the 1x 'always have' TT item
Sweets, biscuits and scrolls aren't really as good as say, Ranger Boots, Wizard Boots or a nice shiny piece of trimmed/gold/god armour. I have done quite a few only to get sweets, biscuits or scrolls that sell for less than most TT items

TTs already require you to be lucky and kill the correct mobs. Emote clues are just annoying because you may need to deviate and go to said store/ge or make the item, then go back to the TT which will take up a lot of time

Problem repeats when you get the same exact clue that does it again, and oops, you already sold the item cos its taking space. Already quite a lot of my bank spaced is filled with Level 3 emote TT items so I don't have to fumble around on the GE for 1

Allowing players to pick up multiple clues will help, but creates problems technically esp when it comes to Elite orb/scan clues.

Biscuits and sweets aren't really good, but Jagex can make you receive loads of them when you get them. That way they can be useful. For example instead of getting 3 biscuits ( i got that recently) you can get 30 biscuits.

As for emotes clue, i think you should be prepared for it.

CZ_TOH
[ Display Name History ]

CZ_TOH

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 43 posts

Biscuits and sweets aren't really good, but Jagex can make you receive loads of them when you get them. That way they can be useful. For example instead of getting 3 biscuits ( i got that recently) you can get 30 biscuits.

As for emotes clue, i think you should be prepared for it.

I agree that the stackable rewards should be increased, so they can be used by players for really important stuff like Fight caves instead of collecting dust in the bank

The problem with emote clues is that a large number of assorted items are needed, from gnome clothes to Blue D Hide (which I normally would have thrown out of my bank if not for the emote clue)

I believe there is a guide somewhere that showed the number of items you need to do any emote clue. It was at least 1 bank screen large, space that most would probably not want to give up with current TT rewards

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts

I agree that the stackable rewards should be increased, so they can be used by players for really important stuff like Fight caves instead of collecting dust in the bank

The problem with emote clues is that a large number of assorted items are needed, from gnome clothes to Blue D Hide (which I normally would have thrown out of my bank if not for the emote clue)

I believe there is a guide somewhere that showed the number of items you need to do any emote clue. It was at least 1 bank screen large, space that most would probably not want to give up with current TT rewards

You shouldn't complain about such simple task as URI Emotes. Why? Because they could make it ALOT harder.
And all your required is to have the items ready, and that's if you ask me - a very simple task.

Here is a picture of items i need to have for URI level 3 emotes:
Posted Image

I will probably need more, but that's not much. If you want to do TTs faster then you must make a sacrifice - and that's getting ride of other things in your bank.

Again, it's better to sacrifice spaces in bank for TT than ask for a change and get a challenge requiring you to use 10mins to finish a step when it could take you 2min with URI emote clues that we have now.

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
I would love that if the elite clues didn't have the pain in the ass that is scanning, and hard clues had a way to do uri clues without taking so much bank spots. I don't really think there is a need to be able to start more than one trail at a time. but it should allow you to pick up the first clues. (can't continue till you finish though)? Though I guess running them at once wouldn't be so bad either...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

CZ_TOH
[ Display Name History ]

CZ_TOH

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 43 posts

You shouldn't complain about such simple task as URI Emotes. Why? Because they could make it ALOT harder.
And all your required is to have the items ready, and that's if you ask me - a very simple task.

Here is a picture of items i need to have for URI level 3 emotes:
Posted Image

I will probably need more, but that's not much. If you want to do TTs faster then you must make a sacrifice - and that's getting ride of other things in your bank.

Again, it's better to sacrifice spaces in bank for TT than ask for a change and get a challenge requiring you to use 10mins to finish a step when it could take you 2min with URI emote clues that we have now.

You misunderstand, your screenshot is ONLY for Level 3, and indeed, I actually have what you have in screenshot on my bank already

I found the guide to the emote items from the runescape wiki, ignore the few misc items there
Posted Image
For you to meet all emote clues (1-3), you need roughly 10 lines of bank space as shown in the image (100 items estimated)

That is already an insane amount of bank space, unless of course you only want to do level 3, then your point is valid

Sally
[ Display Name History ]

Sally

Website Crew

• Members
  • 910 posts
I voted no. I think instead of raising the cap of the clue scrolls they should instead add XP lamps to the scrolls, because then more people will use them in an attempt to gain one (if it was good xp). Don't get me wrong, I love doing clues (did an easy last night and got 800k), but I don't think increasing the cap on them will help.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • Clan:RSD
I would probably stockpile 100 scrolls to my bank and then do all at once.

They should add spin tickets to rewards, anything up to 75 spin tickets from elites :thumbup:

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy
I wouldn't mind either way. I never do clue scrolls and probably wouldn't even if this was introduced. :P

TheLad1
[ Display Name History ]

TheLad1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 523 posts
  • RSN:The Lad 1
  • RSN2:Fork Sake
  • Clan:Max The Experience

As in make Elite and Hard drops more often?

No, just make Elites less rare. I.e. increase the % drop rate for Elites when the system generates a Clue drop.

I've no idea of the actual numbers (I stopped recording Clue rewards ages ago) but I get a least 20 Hard Clues for every Elite & this is from monsters that drop both. Maybe increase the Elite Clue drop potential to say 15-20% (1 in 5 chance of receiving an Elite Clue when clue scroll reward is triggered), therefore bringing more Elites into the game.

the_lad_1.png

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
As a person who does ALL clue scrolls that I get, I would definitely say that having a larger limit wouldn't help. I usually do the clues immediately after the task I get them on, so I never have an issue with them preventing me from getting more.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
It defeats the point of clue scrolls to get more than one at a time. I could easily get 50+ clue scrolls an hour if I could get multiples.

If we have increased caps, more people will do Treasure trails. It will become a better way for people to earn cash. Treasure trails items prices may change because of this, but hasn't Squeal of Fortune done the same thing with many items?

If more people do them, the drops will be worth less over time, meaning LESS people will actually do them. The Squeal has NOTHING to do with treasure trails. Items like the Rune Platebody, Bandos Chestplate, etc have retained their value for the most part because of how unlikely you are to receive them.

I really couldn't disagree more with the pro-voting here.

hzvjpwS.gif

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali
I think clue scrolls just need to be updated to be more fun. Clue scrolls come from the mentality of 2004 Jagex, who thought that the difficulty of a task was directly proportional to how tedious it was. It was also long before the Grand Exchange came out, so there was more difficulty in gathering the items required than there was actually solving the clues (as the coordinates and clues were solved and documented online rather quickly).
Posted Image

Posted Image

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

POLL NOTE:
When voting in poll please do not let Runescape market changes affect your decision. Squeal of Fortune and BXP affects Runescape affect market.
Instead ask yourself: Would i do more Treasure Trails?

No, I'm asking myself how it will affect the market. Why would you try to skew a poll?
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts

You misunderstand, your screenshot is ONLY for Level 3, and indeed, I actually have what you have in screenshot on my bank already

Again, that's a sacrifice you must make if you want to Treasure Trail. I don't see it as problem at all. If your gonna make it easier to bank TT requirement items then you might as well give players 400 new bankspace. Because i can promise you there are so many other items i want to have bankspace for but can't.

It defeats the point of clue scrolls to get more than one at a time. I could easily get 50+ clue scrolls an hour if I could get multiples.

If we have increased caps, more people will do Treasure trails. It will become a better way for people to earn cash. Treasure trails items prices may change because of this, but hasn't Squeal of Fortune done the same thing with many items?

If more people do them, the drops will be worth less over time, meaning LESS people will actually do them. The Squeal has NOTHING to do with treasure trails. Items like the Rune Platebody, Bandos Chestplate, etc have retained their value for the most part because of how unlikely you are to receive them.

I really couldn't disagree more with the pro-voting here.

At multiple clues, i BET you won't get more than 5 Hard clues in a hour, and that's at BEST (with cannoning).

It's better that people do Treasure Trails than don't. It's same thing with Slayer and PvM, after a while people will stop killing a certain monster. So how can you use this as argument? PvM gets updates, so does slayer, and why shouldn't TT be updated to keep the "money " going?
I know Squeal has nothing to do with TT, what you didn't get is my point that Squeal affects G.E. Just like more people doing TT it will affect TT items price. And with that point : You shouldn't argument for that "It will make price of TT items go down - that's bad", because there have been in Runescape history updates that have done that. Not to forget Bandos! Look at Bandos now! People have done it so much prices have gone down alot! Or Tormented demons!

No, I'm asking myself how it will affect the market. Why would you try to skew a poll?

I think you should leave merchant thoughts outside of this poll because the topic is about TT, and not about merchanting. But feel free to vote however you want, that's just a advice/recommendation.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

At multiple clues, i BET you won't get more than 5 Hard clues in a hour, and that's at BEST (with cannoning).

At hellhounds? You could do that easily. So do I win the bet?

It's better that people do Treasure Trails than don't. It's same thing with Slayer and PvM, after a while people will stop killing a certain monster. So how can you use this as argument? PvM gets updates, so does slayer, and why shouldn't TT be updated to keep the "money " going?

I don't understand a thing you're saying here. So you're saying claws going down over time has nothing to do with the fact that they're becoming easier and easier to kill and therefor obtain the "moneymaking" item that everyone kills them for? Why are they decreasing then? Their utility certainly hasn't gone down. Either I don't understand what you're saying, or you're not understanding what you're saying.

what you didn't get is my point that Squeal affects G.E. Just like more people doing TT it will affect TT items price.

So you must not have seen the part of my post where I said "Items like the Rune Platebody, Bandos Chestplate, etc have retained their value for the most part because of how unlikely you are to receive them. "

You shouldn't argument for that "It will make price of TT items go down - that's bad", because there have been in Runescape history updates that have done that. Not to forget Bandos! Look at Bandos now! People have done it so much prices have gone down alot! Or Tormented demons!

You're contradicting yourself. Again.

I think you should leave merchant thoughts outside of this poll because the topic is about TT, and not about merchanting. But feel free to vote however you want, that's just a advice/recommendation.

How your suggestion will affect the market value of the few moneymaking items available via cluescrolls (read: the main reason people do clues is to make money) is extremely relevant and honestly the main reason why such an idea is ill conceived. Dismissing it is juvenile.

hzvjpwS.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users