Upcoming combat changes

Logdotzip

UPDATED:

So it's official; a brand new revamp to combat is in the works, slated for sometime this summer (Likely the end of it.) There's a BETA test coming out and the like. This thread is for speculation on it, leaked information / images, and what everyone thinks will be coming.

[spoiler=Images]

Icons for an Action bar?

iconsd.png

Battle stances

combat118140712.jpg

Transformations? they look very human-esque

combat218140831.jpg

[spoiler=Selection of videos about it]

My own video

Podcast I did with Stokenut, Aribiterspar, KO

PM me to add more

More info:

Official Announcements:

First announcement

Announcement of BETA Singup

BTS Video that briefly mentions it

RF Transcripts [qfc]16-17-742-63328955[/qfc]

Leaked updates:

Transcripts from RuneFest combat panel:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope they don't mess it up (they will) and I hope this we be like an added alternative to click and attack (probably won't be)

Eh, do not want. I prefer it as it is, as dull as it may seem. It's nice and simple, just like RS should be.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I mean, admittedly, combat in RS seems a little archaic. I don't know if an entirely new combat system is the answer, but I've truly grown tired of turn-based, tick-based fighting, that requires you to click and then watch.

I really feel like if they're going for a WoW style of combat, they really need to design our characters to be able to walk off the grid, instead of on a square for every movement.

I would hope that true balance is finally brought between the respective combat styles, but such a notion has been repeatedly dashed by updates since the original announcement like Ganodermic and Dominion gloves, so I'll just have a wait and see...

I've made it clear in the past that I'm dissatisfied with RS combat as a whole, so anything to bring it closer to my ideal notion is welcome.

2dgucz6.png

This could either go ok or very bad

Interested to see what this is

0KUUY.png

A woman eating a slice of watermelon. Clearly.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I thought this was coming out later. I worry that between Runefest and now, there wasn't enough time to properly polish and test things. . . :/ Then again, they thought damage soaking would be revolutionary too, so...there's that.

hzvjpwS.gif

Turn based combat would suck. However, if those icons represent different maneuvers/special moves/various attacks, each of which have various cooldowns and advantages/disadvantages, then that's fine with me. If it's what I'm thinking, then it's very similar to the combat system in another game I play, which means that this could be pretty interesting in terms of longterm effects/bug abuses. I could potentially see some interesting combat/group combat strategies arising from this, especially if it encourages combat that is highly mobile/based on deceiving others.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

This could either go ok or very bad

Interested to see what this is

0KUUY.png

A woman eating a slice of watermelon. Clearly.

Or a brown/shadowed Asari that can breathe fire.

Or maybe the new animation for the dragonfire shield's special. (Though I lol'd at the Asari thing XD)

hzvjpwS.gif

The goblin looks like the one used for the monster stun power up in Dominion Tower. I welcome the new stances, they are looking rather awesome!

If I remember correctly from Runefest tweets and such, combat will be changing and we can add spells, prayers and new special attacks to a hot bar. I think they also mentioned that combat would for the most part be the same, but for the people willing to be more engaged, rather than afk, they would find they would gain more efficient experience gains. Still rather curious how that would pan out to be honest, but I do at least look forward to what they will produce.

The problem with the icons is that it implies that Runescape will gain "perks/skills" akin to those in diablo and WoW - I just hope that we get unlimited resets so we can customise how many points we put where.

Luck be a Lady