my firend is down to his ears in the dandruffs

enfield

What can i do to help him? he don't wanna try the paleo diet. he resisting very much to that idea.

also, it is 'the dandruffs' or just 'dandruff'? (he calls it the dandruffs...)

i will appreciate potential solutions based on their merit :).

EDIT: it's my friend .

anti-dandruff shampoo.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm terribly sorry OP, but I'm not sure what you're asking. In fact, I'm not sure if it's even written in English. If you can provide a translation, I'll be happy to assist.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

If it's persistent even after using anti-dandruff shampoo, then your friend may have to take a visit to the doctor, just to make sure it isn't some sort of skin condition on his head.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Mmhmm, your friend....

aw i was putting big bets on getting that response :). you didn't disappoint.

==

now, dandruff shampoo is pretty icky. i'm going to recommend him to use the natural products coconut oil and organic apple cider vinegar, which the reading i've just done leads me to believe will work. also, yes, i will keep pressing him about his diet. there is no place for sweets in any diet of a friend of mine!

yeah he will probably end up seeking a doctor's help if his friends can't help him. but he knows i have a lot of biology knowledge so i don't wanna fail him. put tersely, i want to be hero.

okay i will suggest (politely, if it can be done) for him to wash more often too. he goes WEEKS at a time without washing his hair from what i gather.

Okay, he needs to start washing his hair at least 3 times a week. Also, when he does and is using shampoo (dandruff type) he should lather it and kinda massage into his head, and when he is finished let it sit there for awhile. I used to have bad dandruff even when showering everyday and washing my hair too, yet when I started doing those things my dandruff went down a lot.

now, dandruff shampoo is pretty icky. i'm going to recommend him to use the natural products coconut oil and organic apple cider vinegar, which the reading i've just done leads me to believe will work. also, yes, i will keep pressing him about his diet. there is no place for sweets in any diet of a friend of mine!

Dandruff shampoo is just like normal shampoo, there's nothing icky about it unless you hate all shampoo. We have a bottle of head and shoulders anti-dandruff in our house and it looks just like normal shampoo to me. No need for all these natural products when a dandruff shampoo will most likely do the trick; there's tons of different brands available too.

okay i will suggest (politely, if it can be done) for him to wash more often too. he goes WEEKS at a time without washing his hair from what i gather.

There's the problem right there. If he washes his hair every couple of days he wouldn't have dandruff.

I used to have mad dandruff. use expensive shampoo for thick hair, wash your hair about half as much as you are, and condition at least once a week. Should cut it back significantly if not entirely.

I mean...tell your friend to do that ;) ;)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Conditioner would probably help as well. But the main thing is to just wash you hair. Tell your friend to wash his hair. Wash your friend's hair. Wash your friend. Wash.

wash wash wash wash wash wash

It's like it isn't even a word anymore, man.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

When I was a teenager I had a huge dandruff problem too. The only thing that worked to get rid of most of them (at least it was now at a reasonable level) was Head and Shoulders, made with Selenium Sulfide, which is a hell of a lot stronger than the regular Pyrithione zinc Shampoo.

Apparently that's how the bottle looks now:

[hide]http://c3.soap.com/images/products/p/pg/pg-3440b_1z.jpg[/hide]

Am I the only one who noticed him saying that he doesn't want his friend to eat sweets?

...I don't even.

But yeah, get Head and Shoulders or even store brand anti-dandruff shampoo and have him wash his hair at least a few tiems a week. If he doesn't wash his hair a few tiems a week dandruff will be the least of his problems.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I inherited dry skin from my mother, so I've dealt with a dry scalp my entire life. First off I just have to say there's a huge difference between a dry scalp and dandruff. If it's a really serious issue, consult a professional. The best way I've dealt with it is by using Selsun Blue PLUS CONDITIONER. Conditioner is the most important part. Washing my hair daily leaves me with zero problems. If I go a day without showering, it gets flakey and gross. Also, turn the water down a few degrees when you're washing your hair as hot water tends to aggravate any dryness.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

^^ hey sweets are totally bad for you. if you're my friend, i'm going to be invested in your health; ergo, i'm going to prohibit you from eating sweets (or try to). at least you won't be eating them around me.

alternative sweeteners such as xylitol and stevia are of course okay. sweedish fish are not.

^ thanks for the water temperature tip. hot water is unnaturally hot, so if you like evolutionary arguments, then it makes sense that it might not be the ideal thing to wash with.

^^ hey sweets are totally bad for you. if you're my friend, i'm going to be invested in your health; ergo, i'm going to prohibit you from eating sweets (or try to). at least you won't be eating them around me.

alternative sweeteners such as xylitol and stevia are of course okay. sweedish fish are not.

^ thanks for the water temperature tip. hot water is unnaturally hot, so if you like evolutionary arguments, then it makes sense that it might not be the ideal thing to wash with.

Alright, first of all no. Sweets are bad in excess. So don't go living off M&Ms and Coca-Cola. But having a soda or a candy bar weekly or even daily won't detriment your health whatsoever.

Also, most alternative sweeteners aren't any better than sugar as far as I know. Don't be a dick and try to control the diets of your friends, as I know I personally would get sick of being around someone that controlling very quickly.

"hot water is unnaturally hot, so if you like evolutionary arguments, then it makes sense that it might not be the ideal thing to wash with"

...What. You obviously do not know what evolution is if you're referencing it in that context....

Before I say anything else, are you an organic nut? Answer these 3 questions:

-Do you hate the idea of eating produce that has had pesticides used in its production or has been genetically engineered in any way?

-Do you avoid all artificial products with a passion?

-How often do you wear tye-dye?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

wow you really did not like my post :P.

Alright, first of all no. Sweets are bad in excess. So don't go living off M&Ms and Coca-Cola. But having a soda or a candy bar weekly or even daily won't detriment your health whatsoever.

Also, most alternative sweeteners aren't any better than sugar as far as I know. Don't be a dick and try to control the diets of your friends, as I know I personally would get sick of being around someone that controlling very quickly.

i definitely don't want to hurt people's feelings or make them uncomfortable. I won't preach the evil's of processed things at the expense of another person's well-being.

"hot water is unnaturally hot, so if you like evolutionary arguments, then it makes sense that it might not be the ideal thing to wash with"

...What. You obviously do not know what evolution is if you're referencing it in that context....

i'll expand on my reasoning for you though i thought it was fairly straightforward. it stands to reason that since humans did not start putting hot water on themselves until a few hundred years ago, that it is reasonable to be cautious about such an action. humans simply did not evolve in an environment where there was hot water, so we cannot trust that we are adapted to using such a thing as readily as we might be able to trust the safeness of eating meat.

it does turn out that hot water seems harmless enough when it is something below <120 degrees for short periods of time. but that's because it's closer to the temperatures we evolved to have to deal with. still i'm not really convinced that such hot water is completely harmless, and that 70 degree water wouldn't be better.

Before I say anything else, are you an organic nut? Answer these 3 questions:

-Do you hate the idea of eating produce that has had pesticides used in its production or has been genetically engineered in any way?

nah i'm okay with genetically engineered food (i have not seen any good science suggesting eating such food is bad). pesticides on the other hand do seem like bad news. but i think the benefits of eating certain vegetables outweigh the possible harm from pesticides. i have quite a tight budget for food so it does not make sense for me to buy 'organic' vegetables at this time.

-Do you avoid all artificial products with a passion?

uhh my diet is primarly unsweetened chocolate, grass-fed animal products, and vegetables. i just stick to that. i don't find myself having to 'avoid' any processed foods because i simply don't eat them anymore.

-How often do you wear tye-dye?

i don't think i've ever worn tye-dye :P. though i think wearing tye-dye is a positive for me. like, i think probably people who wear tye-dye won't mug me or do anything scary :P.

==

You're wrong on the water temperature thing. Humans have been using hot springs as well as coals to heat water to bathe in for thousands of years.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

yeah, we may have been using hot water for thousands of years. i'm not sure on the exact time frame :P.

but if you try to argue we are adapted to using 100 degree water that is way wrong. there has been no selection pressure for that.

now, if you told me humans swam in 100 degree water in order to hunt cool sea things, and that all that had started hundreds of thousands of years ago, then it would be much safer to assume 100 degree water was perfectly safe on an evolutionary basis :).

lol i just thought that person was insinuating that me trying to make my friends not eat sweets was something to judge me negatively for, which i didn't really like so i responded, then responded to his response, etc.

i'm not meaning to troll - but if you think i trolled hard then i'll take as a compliment :). doing anything hard is usually something to be proud of i think in this strange society we find ourselves in :).

this thread is now about carmageddon. They're remaking it. get excited.

Carmageddon_box.jpg

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn