Squeal of Fortune "Updates" was: Spin Results (970 spins)

NukeMarine

Three things come to mind about this:

A) Will they be available to free players as well as members? Most likely they are, as they're in the common spot but it never hurts to ask. :wink:

2) Will they still be available after this weekend is over? As an uncommon or rare prize, perhaps. I'm wondering if I should try to make a fully charged amulet.

and

D)... I don't really have a third point, I just wanted to make an obscure Home Alone reference. :P

They're member's only. Like the skill pendants.

22031_s.gif

Hmm, taking into account double spins and if you get the max purchase, each spin costs about 20 cents each (5 per dollar). We don't know the chance of getting a pendant piece, but let's say it's 1 in 4 spins. In 1000 spins, that's about 25 pendants or 125 million gp for 200 dollars. If it's a 1 in 10 chance you should average 50 million gp for 200 dollars. On top of this, players are still getting XP lamps and other gp related items.

Again, it's all based on what the chance is of getting a pendant piece. From the looks of it, Jagex is toying with making their gp sales on par with black market prices. Much less convenient to cash in mind you, but still there. I'm wondering if this is more a half measure to keep those players that wanted to bot and buy gp, but won't be able to assuming Optimus does all it promises. Most other players just won't care enough to spend $4/million gp (or whatever the average price turns out to be).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Someone on Reddit posted that out of 500 spins they averaged 1 fragment every 8.8 spins. Going off that ratio:

$200 will net you about 1000 spins thanks to the double spin tickets, so the price per spin is about 1$/5 spins (20 cents a spin). With your 10 fragments every 88 spins results, that's 5.12M gp * 1000/88 or 58.2M gp. That's $3.44 per 1M gp compared to the black market price of $0.40 per 1M gp this weekend only.

As mentioned, the big thing people get are XP lamps. Roughly 1/3 of the results are XP lamps. So out of 970 spins I got these results.

* Common Lamp: 194 (104 any) - 20.0%

* Uncomm Lamp: 127 (66 any) - 13.1%

* Rare Lamp: 1

* V. Rare Lamp: 1

Anyway, this weekend the fragments are on the common slot and will move to uncommon next Monday. As common to uncommon is 2.6 ratio, expect a 1 in 23 chance for fragments or $9.02 per 1M gp on top of XP lamps and miscellaneous items/gp.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

Someone on Reddit posted that out of 500 spins they averaged 1 fragment every 8.8 spins. Going off that ratio:

$200 will net you about 1000 spins thanks to the double spin tickets, so the price per spin is about 1$/5 spins (20 cents a spin). With your 10 fragments every 88 spins results, that's 5.12M gp * 1000/88 or 58.2M gp. That's $3.44 per 1M gp compared to the black market price of $0.40 per 1M gp this weekend only.

As mentioned, the big thing people get are XP lamps. Roughly 1/3 of the results are XP lamps. So out of 970 spins I got these results.

* Common Lamp: 194 (104 any) - 20.0%

* Uncomm Lamp: 127 (66 any) - 13.1%

* Rare Lamp: 1

* V. Rare Lamp: 1

Anyway, this weekend the fragments are on the common slot and will move to uncommon next Monday. As common to uncommon is 2.6 ratio, expect a 1 in 23 chance for fragments or $9.02 per 1M gp on top of XP lamps and miscellaneous items/gp.

They had a promotion last week selling spins at $0.10/spin. Still only cuts the price to $1.72/Mil, but that also doesn't factor in xp gained, which depending on the skills usually can have a gp amount assigned as well(Think of it as in-store credit)...

If Jagex ever reached prices of $0.70 - $1.00, I think it would greatly impact RWT prices.

Someone brought up the point on RSOF that he actually preferred black market RWT to this as "at least gold selling sites don't cause inflation"...Makes you wonder would people be more inclined to an update where you are allowed to sell your GP back to Jagex. Ie, you trade your gold for spins.

w4M8t.png

Someone brought up the point on RSOF that he actually preferred black market RWT to this as "at least gold selling sites don't cause inflation"...Makes you wonder would people be more inclined to an update where you are allowed to sell your GP back to Jagex. Ie, you trade your gold for spins.

GP sites cause inflation if the ultimate source of their gp is produced from bots. Shouldn't be too much to create bots that buy from the GE items that alc for a profit on top of any other gp producing work such a WC and Fletching bot group.

There's nothing noble or game enhancing about GP sites.

nukemarine.png

GP sites cause inflation if the ultimate source of their gp is produced from bots. Shouldn't be too much to create bots that buy from the GE items that alc for a profit on top of any other gp producing work such a WC and Fletching bot group.

There's nothing noble or game enhancing about GP sites.

I never stated they were nobel or game enhancing. And I agree that bots cause inflation (everyone technically causes inflation). With that said, if someone stock-piled a bunch of spins when they were cheap. I bought 250 spins the other week for $20 and didn't spend any of them as I predicted that Jagex would eventually introduce something like, and I further predict that the SoF will become more generous than this.

My 250 spins have an EV of 16m gp, and that only accounts for 1/8th of the spins based on the fragments alone. Probably going to also include about 600k in xp, which has a varied amount of gp value depending on the skill, but let's be conservative and say 20gp/xp.

All this include, it looks like this is still less then the black market price, however, this is also worth instant xp versus the time spent performing the task, which can have a gp value associated with it as well.

With that said, I still think it would be cool if Jagex introduce buyable spins on the SoF using RSGP.

1 spin = 250k

5 spins = 1m

It may help with the inflation problem...

w4M8t.png

With that said, I still think it would be cool if Jagex introduce buyable spins on the SoF using RSGP.

1 spin = 250k

5 spins = 1m

No offense, but who in their right minds would spend million coins to get prices that aren't even worth close to 100K coins?

No offense, but who in their right minds would spend million coins to get prices that aren't even worth close to 100K coins?

Cosmetics. And technically it saves time on almost all skills (at a high cost in gp at those rates)

Personally I believe that black market GP sites aren't good for the game, but they cause *less* inflation than the SoF. At least they have to perform game actions. Yes they can perform more game actions than a regular player (due to no sleep etc). They do cause item inflation though, which is also pretty bad.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

1 spin = 250k

5 spins = 1m

At the bulk price, it's 250k for a spin, not 1m. And it's basically runescape gambling. Obviously the amount is up for debate, but 250k gives rooms for when they offer promotions.

Cosmetics. And technically it saves time on almost all skills (at a high cost in gp at those rates)

Personally I believe that black market GP sites aren't good for the game, but they cause *less* inflation than the SoF. At least they have to perform game actions. Yes they can perform more game actions than a regular player (due to no sleep etc). They do cause item inflation though, which is also pretty bad.

Right. Also the black market GP sites themselves don't cause the inflation; botting is the cause of inflation. A medium to selling RSGP promotes botting, however if Jagex is able to once again solve the botting issue (What did they get to? October to May?) then that would solve the inflation issue in regards to bots. I still think Jagex needs to look at ways of implementing more money sinks into this game. Buying spins for RSGP would solve this.

w4M8t.png

I think just until Monday.

As a marketing ploy, I would have released it that way in order to get users to purchase spins.

It seems that the items will move from common slots to uncommon slots after this weekend, however will still exist on the squeal.

w4M8t.png

All the summer items are being removed after this weekend. So you wont be able to get queens guard, dragon ceremonial etc anymore.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

All the summer items are being removed after this weekend. So you wont be able to get queens guard, dragon ceremonial etc anymore.

Facebook says no.

Just a quick reminder for all you summer item enthusiasts! The summer seasonal items on the Squeal of Fortune will be removed, as planned, during the last weekend of September. That includes the Dragon Ceremonial set, the Queens Guard set, the Fish Mask and all of the Summer Party items.

Don't panic, though! There's still time to bag the items you’re after – especially now members get 4 daily spins as part of Sizzling Summer! If you're worried about missing out, you can always get your extra spins at the link below:

-Insert Jagex RWTing link here-

Good luck!

So they're here until the end of September, not after this weekend.

That's why I asked.

Ah ok. sorry for confusion.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Grr. I am still missing the suntan emote.. :( Not to mention getting all the dragon/queen's outfits takes a lot of luck also.

Serena_Sedai.png

Unless you got the sunbathe emote during the easy period, there's a very little chance of getting it. They made most of those summer items ridiculously rare now.

Miraculously I got the full queens guard outfit (got shoes today) but that's pretty much it. Unless you bought spins on the weekend those items were in the common slots you're very unlikely to get them even by purchasing spins now/

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I have had a fair bit of luck with the SOF summer items, I have full dragon ceremonial, and in the last few days I've got the queen's guard top, hat & shoes. still had no luck with the sunbathe emote though.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Unless you got the sunbathe emote during the easy period, there's a very little chance of getting it. They made most of those summer items ridiculously rare now.

I didn't even know it was common on the release weekend. I did manage to finally get dragon and queens (I got most of it release weekend but I needed a few more) I really hate all these cosmetic outfits that we can't get without buying spins. Mostly because spins leads to xp/gp and not just cosmetics. I would gladly pay for just the cosmetic stuff off squeel and nothing else! :c

Serena_Sedai.png