Squeal of Fortune "Updates" was: Spin Results (970 spins)

NukeMarine

I'm not a big fan of the SoF. Every time it's about to land on something good it moves 1 to the right and it's usually the crappiest item. Maybe when I get something good I'll like it more, haha. Also, the fact that jagex sells spins for irl money is kind of annoying. I don't like that marketing strategy for any game tbh.

The animation has nothing to do w/ the actual wheel mechanics. If it did, the ultra-rare items would occupy 1/1000th of the wheel instead of like 1/20th

77yLQy8.png

The animation has nothing to do w/ the actual wheel mechanics. If it did, the ultra-rare items would occupy 1/1000th of the wheel instead of like 1/20th

Jagex being sneaky playing on kids and unaware adult's perceptions.

no shocker though, they would take anything and twist it to benefit from it. Such as that stupid 200M account "goal".

Interesting read, appreciate that you did this, FOR SCIENCE!

I never bought and I never will buy spins, but I made like 50 accounts a week or two ago and spinned it 100+ times a week.

Never got anything good though so please people don't waste your money.

-RuneKrew-

http://www.youtube.com/RuneKrew

Commentary Runescape Videos

I'm betting that EoC Beta items like Bandos shield, Pernix Boots, Virtus Book, et al become SoF rewards.

Thats bad.

latest SOF update

Adventurer's XP Aplenty!

16 hours ago

The Squeal of Fortune coffers are full to bursting with XP lamps linked to RuneScapes most adventurous skills, and theyll be up for grabs this week! Over the next five days, therell be twice as many Agility, Thievery and Dungeoneering XP lamps of all sizes, showing up as common, uncommon, rare and ultra-rare prizes perfect for pyramid plundering, abyssal whip-cracking RuneScape adventurers everywhere!

The extra XP lamps are replacing some of the lower value prizes commonly seen on the Squeal of Fortune, so you wont miss out on your usual chance to bag an XP lamp in any of your other favourite skills.

This offer starts on Monday 2 July and runs all through the working week until Friday 6 July thats five whole days of chances to land yourself a lamp-load of dungeon-delving XP.

Dont forget that members get two daily spins instead of one, so subscribing is a sound way to double your chances to win per day. Check out our Squeal of Fortune wiki page for more ways to get extra spins.

Spin the Squeal of Fortune this week theres an XP treasure trove up for the taking. Good luck!

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Didn't someone post here before saying something like "Jagex will test out putting extra amounts of xp lamps on the wheel, and once they do, find out that that is what most players will be willing to buy spins for."

Whoever posted that just got right (it wasn't me).

This is just sad.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

they could put up and not bts :rolleyes: ?

The team that handles the BTS specifically probably doesn't work weekends. *Shrugs*

:-? Agility lamp is all I'm looking forward to honestly. Dungeoneering isn't something I want to use any sort of experience rewards on, and neither is thieving at this point since I'm already 99 there.

I was sort of hoping for something Olympics related, but I suppose that's too early still. And not hoping in the sense that I want buyable spins to still be around, but in the sense that it would at least go with the stuff that's getting ready to go in London anyway.

If they'd just start selling putting DG tokens on the SOF instead of loldg lamps I can tell you that their sales would go through the roof.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Didn't someone post here before saying something like "Jagex will test out putting extra amounts of xp lamps on the wheel, and once they do, find out that that is what most players will be willing to buy spins for."

Whoever posted that just got right (it wasn't me).

This is just sad.

Yeah, I posted that prediction on post #156 (pg 8 by default). Thought they'd go further than just doubling the chance on three skill specific lamps. I assume that the skill specific lamps are evenly spread out, but I didn't track the results that in detail to be positive. Assuming it's evenly spread out, then this is not that big of a benefit with likely an extra 20 lamps every 1000 spins (12 small, 8 medium). I'd love if Jagex tried to spin that into something positive (no pun intented).

I get that people hate on Jagex for the microtransactions, but this is a lot of real world cash for relatively little in game benefits. We don't know how many people are paying, and damn few people will own up to it thanks to the common insults and spam that results. On the positive side, maybe only a few players are paying which'll encourage Jagex to back off of SoF as a direct money making tool. It being used to encourage membership will likely not go away.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

latest SOF update

Over the next five days, therell be twice as many Agility, Thievery and Dungeoneering XP lamps of all sizes, showing up as common, uncommon, rare and ultra-rare prizes

Jagex; if you know what skills suck to train, why don't you make some cool updates to those skills?

If they'd just start selling putting DG tokens on the SOF instead of loldg lamps I can tell you that their sales would go through the roof.

Someone yesterday on IRC said this as well...

TBH; this is but a matter of time and will probably happen after the lvl 90 weapons come out, so chaotics aren't as valuable anymore...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Jagex; if you know what skills suck to train, why don't you make some cool updates to those skills?

You mean like they did with Runecrafting? Players will find a way to complain about that too... :razz:

The only skill that needs exp rate increasing to bring it in line with other content, out of all three of those skills, is agility.

hzvjpwS.gif

Interesting data on this thread. With all these updates I get the feeling this SoF thing is rather a decent money maker for Jagex. Heard too many people say they bought some spins.. and those things are expensive when compared with monthly membership. I wonder what percentage of the members has actually paid for spins. Jagex will never release such information of course.

Personally, I'm never buying spins.

TBH I'd buy spins if the 200M prize was actually a feasible possibility, since I staked everything and lost a year ago and havn't done anything since.

But I can google for a million years and I can't find any winners for ultra rare prizes except huge lamps. No winners for 10M or 200M. I mean if they really wanted to make money then they would up the rates so that rumors go around about people winning 200M. Not that anyone would like this... :P

TBH I'd buy spins if the 200M prize was actually a feasible possibility, since I staked everything and lost a year ago and havn't done anything since.

But I can google for a million years and I can't find any winners for ultra rare prizes except huge lamps. No winners for 10M or 200M. I mean if they really wanted to make money then they would up the rates so that rumors go around about people winning 200M. Not that anyone would like this... :P

I haven't seen or heard of one person winning that 200m prize yet. Personally I always get 1k when the 200m is up :mellow:

I haven't seen or heard of one person winning that 200m prize yet. Personally I always get 1k when the 200m is up :mellow:

Here's a video of one guy winning it. If you can get past the annoying audio and language that is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaLqBgmsRMc

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Random thought: does it sound unplausible that, on average, 10% of members spend say $50 a month on SoF? That's an extra 5m a month, assuming 1m members. (CBA to look it up.) Now, Jagex makes what, 8m a month from members? (Assuming 1m members and somewhere around 1m a month.)

That's over a 50% profit increase.

Now, keep in mind I'm just pulling these numbers out of my ass, but it seems very plausible that the SoF SIGNIFICANTLY increased their profits. Even a 10% increase in their profits from the SoF would be significant and be worth continuing the SoF for.

Again, I'm just making these numbers up. But it's very easy to imagine how the SoF would have significantly increased their profits.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Random thought: does it sound unplausible that, on average, 10% of members spend say $50 a month on SoF? That's an extra 5m a month, assuming 1m members. (CBA to look it up.) Now, Jagex makes what, 8m a month from members? (Assuming 1m members and somewhere around 1m a month.)

That's over a 50% profit increase.

Now, keep in mind I'm just pulling these numbers out of my ass, but it seems very plausible that the SoF SIGNIFICANTLY increased their profits. Even a 10% increase in their profits from the SoF would be significant and be worth continuing the SoF for.

Again, I'm just making these numbers up. But it's very easy to imagine how the SoF would have significantly increased their profits.

Without a doubt, SOF massively increased their profit. We don't know how much, but it's not a secret that a ton of people buy spins.

Even if 40 people quit cuz of it, 1 person could negate it in a day.