Squeal of Fortune "Updates" was: Spin Results (970 spins)

NukeMarine

You wasted $200 for nothing. Loads of other people have posted their spin logs and you could add it all up together and average out to detemine the approx percentage rates for spins without having to fork out money and do it yourself.

Woot another person who doesn't understand disposable income.

True OP was able and willing to have spent it on runescape, but I do understand the sickened feeling from the bystanders witnessing raw waste research

What a stupid argument.

[hide]You were not the one who granted this person the ability to live, breath and exist. Everyone is entitled to live their life how ever they wish within reasonable moral boundaries. Should someone squander their earnings that is their life to life, full of their own lessons to learn. If you feel the need to state that someone wasted $200 on SoF spins then maybe you aught to consider this well kept remark: one mans trash is another mans treasure.[/hide]

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

You can compare his results to this guy's here. [qfc]15-16-815-63778116[/qfc]

The guy lacked a few things in his data collection

1. Didn't track number of uncommon, common, rare and very rare spins

2. Didn't say how many doubles he got (increases number of spins for data)

3. Didn't track number of actual lamps (listing XP which is irrelevant as higher levels get higher XP)

4. Counted played traded value of his masks into his data (the mask is a 1 week event, after that it's pointless data)

5. He could have posted end data on how much of each items he got (not essential, but useful for completionist sake).

Seemed odd that he didn't get or mention getting the royal outfits. It's possible he's done this before and cleared out those slots creating a higher total for his 200k gp and fish mask hits. Could be further evidence that you can't trust anything beyond common and uncommon chances. Anyway, his lackluster data is similar to what others have gathered. Gives you a general idea, but nothing you can use to make a chart others can reference.

That entire thread was just a flame fest though. No useful dialogue at all.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Jagex was advertising bumping up the gold amounts and drop rate of rares.

You should have waited until then.

Right now, it's boring, slow, and gold amounts are poor.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Pretty sure it's already happened the same week QBD got released.. ^^

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Pretty sure it's already happened the same week QBD got released.. ^^

Yep. That's why he got any rare drops at all and an amount of gold that wasn't hilariously low.

Again, if you're doing SoF for the gp or the rare/very rare items then you're going to have a bad time. I haven't done the math, but even if you did this for the XP on a slow skill like agility at 90+, you're still paying a $1 per 10k xp. It's just insanely expensive. It's just something for people with too much money and too little patience.

Well, and maybe those with OCD that have to have every outfit in the game.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

I haven't done the math, but even if you did this for the XP on a slow skill like agility at 90+, you're still paying a $1 per 10k xp. It's just insanely expensive. It's just something for people with too much money and too little patience.

Here, let me do the math. $7 of spins gets you 1 hour worth of agility xp. You can earn enough flipping burgers for SOF to be faster than real agility.

I haven't done the math, but even if you did this for the XP on a slow skill like agility at 90+, you're still paying a $1 per 10k xp. It's just insanely expensive. It's just something for people with too much money and too little patience.

Here, let me do the math. $7 of spins gets you 1 hour worth of agility xp. You can earn enough flipping burgers for SOF to be faster than real agility.

But only if you're already 90+ agility and the xp no longer has any value? I'll pass.

I bought 450 spins for fun/experiment 5 or 6 days ago, got...

- 980k summ exp from lamps(only 1 assigned lamp) @ ~94 summoning

- 8 fish masks

- 4 pieces of each of the new clothing sets (just 1 more piece to complete each) <- only 'rare' rewards i got

Not sure how much money I got from coins and items, I remember getting about 3 500k prizes.

Also not sure about how much random exp I got from the other assigned lamps, didn't keep track.

Vector1.png

I've got about ~2k spins recorded myself, and only ever got one huge lamp as a super-rare. My belief is that items like spirit shields and godswords must have drop rates something on the order of 1/10,000. My personal percentage for med lamps is 13.22% so these numbers from the OP sound about right.

As a side note, to the people complaining about spending money "power leveling" and ruining the game - LOL, get a job. I live in a society with a free market system, I'll spend my money how I want thanks. I've been playing since 2001, you're hardly going to find more of a purist towards this game - if you think complete strangers spending money on SoF for their personal enjoyment negatively affects you or the game in any way you are delusional. The only tangible result from spending money on SoF is Jagex getting more money to develop content for everyone. QQ.

I've got about ~2k spins recorded myself, and only ever got one huge lamp as a super-rare. My belief is that items like spirit shields and godswords must have drop rates something on the order of 1/10,000. My personal percentage for med lamps is 13.22% so these numbers from the OP sound about right.

As a side note, to the people complaining about spending money "power leveling" and ruining the game - LOL, get a job. I live in a society with a free market system, I'll spend my money how I want thanks. I've been playing since 2001, you're hardly going to find more of a purist towards this game - if you think complete strangers spending money on SoF for their personal enjoyment negatively affects you or the game in any way you are delusional. The only tangible result from spending money on SoF is Jagex getting more money to develop content for everyone. QQ.

If you have enough detailed data, can you post it and I'll add it to the top post. It'd be interesting (though hated by many) if that data can then be used as a skill calculator on Tip.It's main page. However, instead of giving number of lamps to reach a level it can list average number of spins. Given that a person playing everyday can have 60+ spins (D&D, quests and drops being additional), it's bound to be nice to know that 60 spins average 20 XP lamps (12 small, 8 medium) though about 10 lamps will be for any skill. Depending on your skill level, that can be very significant.

About SoF funds being used for R&D, well, I'll wait for next year's corporate earnings report. This still feels like a simple cash grab with money just going for profits and not to improve the game.

nukemarine.png

If you have enough detailed data, can you post it and I'll add it to the top post. It'd be interesting (though hated by many) if that data can then be used as a skill calculator on Tip.It's main page. However, instead of giving number of lamps to reach a level it can list average number of spins. Given that a person playing everyday can have 60+ spins (D&D, quests and drops being additional), it's bound to be nice to know that 60 spins average 20 XP lamps (12 small, 8 medium) though about 10 lamps will be for any skill. Depending on your skill level, that can be very significant.

About SoF funds being used for R&D, well, I'll wait for next year's corporate earnings report. This still feels like a simple cash grab with money just going for profits and not to improve the game.

My data is just a raw log of drops in Excel, not sure how useful that would be. The statistics I get from it I get on the spot using Excel formulas when I need to, but they're not comprehensive in any sense. Also, half of it is data from the "old" SoF, before they buffed the prizes. The only thing that is important about spins is lamp frequency anyway (since the cash/resource prizes are negligible and the super-rare prizes basically don't contribute when their value is spread out); anything around 15% for medium lamp frequency is pretty valid, and the same for small lamps around 20-22% (your percentage in any given data set will depend both on how many lamps you get, and how many double spin tickets you get which is why it's so variable, but the "true" value is in those regions). This should be enough for most people to get a rough idea of how much xp they will be getting. Most of my predictions for xp gain before purchasing are accurate within 10%, which is good enough for me.

Up to 50% bonus spins with selected Squeal of Fortune packages!

For this weekend only, between Friday 15th June and Monday 18th June (GMT) inclusive, players who purchase 10-spin or 25 spin packages on the Squeal of Fortune will also receive a healthy bonus of extra, free spins up to 50% more! This limited-time offer is also available via the equivalent SMS packages.

10 Spins will get you 15, while 25 spins will get you 35, so make sure you get in quick if you want to take advantage of this limited-time offer!

To find out about the spins available or to take advantage of this offer, visit the billing page or simply click the Buy Spins button on the Squeal of Fortune interface. You can purchase spins via credit card, as well as PayPal, PayByCash and paysafecard in selected countries.

Theres never been a better time to try your hand at the Squeal of Fortune, so get those extra spins - who knows what prizes you could win?

The RuneScape Team

So it appears that buying 10 spins is now the best value for money...

Anything to get people to cross that line at least once...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Facebook:

Hey all. Just thought I'd mention a couple of things in response to a few comments.

As a company, our number one priority is keeping RuneScape going. It has been a fantastic 11 years, and we want to have another decade under our belt before we even consider throwing in the towel! And as much as people claim the contrary, change is a huge, huge part of why people still play RuneScape. If we had not changed a single thing since launch (which many claim was the 'best' version of RS) I can guarantee you that neither Jagex nor RuneScape would still be around. If change was inherently bad, people would still be playing Dungeon Master instead of the latest first person shooters.

Now, whether you like or dislike the updates we are doing, you should let us know! We definitely pay attention and weigh community opinion against the long-term survival of RuneScape as a game. It's a balancing act between community (the players), RuneScape (the game) and Jagex (the business). We have to make sure that we arrive at a compromise that benefits all three in the correct ratio to keep the community playing the game and the business alive to keep supporting and building the game. Sometimes this means hard decisions that may not be loved by everyone but I assure you it is for the long-term good of all three!

Anyway, sorry for the long comment and thanks for reading and being a part of our community!

-Mod Timo

Edited by Jeremy841
Added quotes :)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

It's a balancing act between, the community (How much can we do before the line is stepped and everyone quits?), Runescape (How many people can we get addicted to it?) and Jagex (We need to make enough to keep the shareholders happy, get decent wages and 'improve' the game further)

Kinda fixed. I don't know why I'm in such a ranty mood tonight...:unsure:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Do people complain this much when Valve puts TF2 hats on sale?

Surprisingly not. They do complain about pretty much everything else, though.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

At least there are still some Jmods of the same opinion as us...

XIk1I.png

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12